Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 08:26   #1
BHPian

Hero HF Deluxe IBS launched in India at Rs 49,000

Quote:
The first update for this year from HeroMotoCorp comes in the form of the Hero HF Deluxe IBS, priced at Rs 49,067. Hero has also added a larger 130mm drum brake at the rear, up from the 110mm employed earlier. This reduces the braking distance and is perceived to be safer too.
Source: https://www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/t...bs-i3s-91.html

Last edited by Bismaya : 16th January 2019 at 08:41.
Bismaya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 09:29   #2
BANNED

Re: Hero HF Deluxe IBS launched in India at Rs 49,000

Yesterday while working on a friends motorcycle we noted that the i3S variants are not equipped with a SAI system, first we presumed it was due to a difference in MY but now seeing the pictures of the new HF I guess the i3S is the reason for these motorcycles not being fitted with SAI.

Though what's still confusing is that I recall BS4 regulations mandating the use of SAI.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 07:53   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Yesterday while working on a friends motorcycle we noted that the i3S variants are not equipped with a SAI system, first we presumed it was due to a difference in MY but now seeing the pictures of the new HF I guess the i3S is the reason for these motorcycles not being fitted with SAI.
If you take a look at the Glamour i3s and Passion i3s, they have been fitted with SAI from what I have observed.

Last edited by ampere : 17th January 2019 at 07:55.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 08:41   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
If you take a look at the Glamour i3s and Passion i3s, they have been fitted with SAI from what I have observed.
Now that brings us back to square one.
Old 17th January 2019, 08:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Now that brings us back to square one.
I wonder if you remember, but my Splendor Pro 2015 didn't have SAI and that too at a time when all models should have SAI. I've never seen another Splendor Pro dated close to mine without SAI. Not adding it seems like a hit and miss. I see no pattern to why they wouldn't add it.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 15:15   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
I wonder if you remember, but my Splendor Pro 2015 didn't have SAI and that too at a time when all models should have SAI. I've never seen another Splendor Pro dated close to mine without SAI. Not adding it seems like a hit and miss. I see no pattern to why they wouldn't add it.
Yeah I do, my friend owns a 2011 Splendor with Self Start and it has SAI, now he's facing a leak due to it, we're considering scrapping the whole SAI and replacing manifold with non-SAI one.

When I asked about model particulars to a nearby mechanic he showed me a i3S machine, not earlier than MY17 and it didn't have the SAI system in place, but he was also not certain about why.

From where I see things, non-SAI motorcycles are better to own for the long run, lesser things to go wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks