Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2019, 17:32   #1

TVS Apache RR 310 getting performance upgrades for free

Just got an SMS from TVS that there is a complimentary performance upgrade for the RR310. Spoke to the service engineer at Solar TVS and he said it's an ECU update possibly aimed at the new Dominar. Either way a much needed update but not sure how much it'll add to the performance. Perhaps an exhaust mod with this ECU update will help.
raghuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 18:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

It's a combination of things.

In nut shell

1. Ecu upgrade
2. Heavy end bars
3. Soft chain roller
4. Windscreen cushion pad

This all adds up real well and bike feels much more complete. I have them all on my bike and the vibrations have gone down considerably, all owners shoukd get this done.
AtheK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 20:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
It's a combination of things.

In nut shell

1. Ecu upgrade
2. Heavy end bars
3. Soft chain roller
4. Windscreen cushion pad

This all adds up real well and bike feels much more complete. I have them all on my bike and the vibrations have gone down considerably, all owners shoukd get this done.
How has the engine performance changed after the ECU update?
Old 11th March 2019, 21:02   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
How has the engine performance changed after the ECU update?
Actually my bad I haven't got just that part done yet, but in the group people who have got it done, have a mixed feelings, some say they have seen a drop in mileage, while others are happy with it.

I think we will need to wait it out a bit till the initial placebo effect dies down, the ecu update started rolling out couple of weeks back only. Many are reporting the high speed is now limited to 159, while it used to go a bit higher before.

I am going to wait this part out for few more weeks.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 15:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Many are reporting the high speed is now limited to 159, while it used to go a bit higher before.

I am going to wait this part out for few more weeks.
Anymore updates from owners?
Old 14th March 2019, 22:12   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
Anymore updates from owners?
It's pretty much on the same lines as i posted above. Generally the feedback is pretty Neutral or more veering towards negative, with few claiming that it has made the engine more responsive. Some are saying probably TVS is launching another update soon, as people have spoken to customer care about not being too happy with this upgrade.

I am going to hold on to getting upgraded for sometime, i like my current setup and happy with it, so will wait out few more weeks.

The hardware upgrades are god sent, and an absolute must for the owners to have.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 10:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 getting performance upgrades for free

TVS Apache RR 310 getting performance upgrades for free - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 22nd March 2019, 15:59   #8
BHPian

As per my knowledge, TVS has been silently been rolling out these updates since January 2019, but it was officially conveyed to all owners via message only recently. In fact, the same can be seen in the first image of my RR310 tail-tidy update in my ownership report. Regarding the update, I recently went for the 3rd service of my RR310 earlier this week and got all the updates done on my bike including the windscreen cushion pad, chain roller and the ECU update.
Although I've barely had a chance to ride the bike post the updates, the 35 km ride from the SVC to home gave me a rough idea that the bike vibrates lesser than earlier and the chain noise, which I could hear only on speed-breakers or potholes, has now completely vanished. Many RR310 owners do believe that there is a difference in the pick-up, fuel efficiency and the top speed of the bike post this ECU update although the service engineer has clarified that this update is only done to eliminate the stalling issue that some people, including me, were facing. I'll need to ride the bike at least for one more week before I can comment whether the ECU update has actually made a difference to the problem of the bike stalling often.
There was also a rumour shared by a few blogs/online publications that there is an update for the seat as well. I asked the engineer at the SVC who told me that the problem is exclusively limited to the first lot owners where the seat material of the pillion seat starts to tear off (for the lack of a better word) and TVS plans to replace it for them only. No one in my circles seems to have been affected due to this issue although there are a considerable number of first batch bikes.

Another issue we RR310 customers (at least in Mumbai) are facing is the shortage of these updated parts. I had placed an order for the windshield cushion visor almost two months ago after I saw it on a friend's bike in January, when I had gone to get the heavier bar-end weights installed. I was constantly in touch with the engineer from the SVC, who is a part of the 310 owners Whatsapp group, but there was no update till the first week of March. I got fed up and sent a mail to the customer care mail id of TVS Motor Company. Surprisingly, I got a call from the SVC in less than 48 hours, confirming that they now have all the required parts in stock. No stock for 2 months and suddenly you have stock in 2 days, something seems amiss right, TVS Motor Company?
Initially, I got a call from one of the service advisors, whose voice seemed to be pretty tensed as he was likely under pressure from the SVC or from TVS themselves. I had to calm him down a bit before keeping the call, and I told him I knew the mistake was on the company's part and not his, hence he doesn't have any reason to worry. Later in the day, I received a call from Mr. Arun, the head of the after-sales/service department who patiently listened to my concerns before telling me the same thing that all the parts in question were now available and I could come and get it installed the next day itself. Since my 3rd service was barely 10 days away, I told him I would be coming only then to install these parts as well.
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 11:52   #9

Hi all, I am considering purchasing my first motorcycle in Delhi; and weirdly enough, the options have been narrowed down between the Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 (ABS) and the TVS Apache RR310.
All factors considered, is the RR310 a worthy purchase at its present on-road price of close to 2.6lakhs? Chief among my concerns are the vibration issues (which seems to be receiving a disproportionate amount of attention in the online world), and the weight of the motorcycle. I would appreciate if the owners and experienced riders could give me insights into both the aspects; are the vibrations unbearable? How exactly does it manifest in real-life usage? And does the bulk and weight of the motorcycle make it difficult to handle while maneuvering slowly and in everyday usage? Considering this will be my first motorcycle ever, what would your recommendations be? Thanks in advance!
Old 31st March 2019, 00:22   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearce634 View Post
Hi all, I am considering purchasing my first motorcycle in Delhi; and weirdly enough, the options have been narrowed down between the Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 (ABS) and the TVS Apache RR310.
All factors considered, is the RR310 a worthy purchase at its present on-road price of close to 2.6lakhs? Chief among my concerns are the vibration issues (which seems to be receiving a disproportionate amount of attention in the online world), and the weight of the motorcycle. I would appreciate if the owners and experienced riders could give me insights into both the aspects; are the vibrations unbearable? How exactly does it manifest in real-life usage? And does the bulk and weight of the motorcycle make it difficult to handle while maneuvering slowly and in everyday usage? Considering this will be my first motorcycle ever, what would your recommendations be? Thanks in advance!
Vibes are well under control after the new updates, not too much of an issue now. It is very flickable and can be easily used as a daily rider, no issues at all.

This is a forgiving hike and will not scare you if yiu are a new rider, and you can have more fun with it as you get more connected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks