Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2019, 17:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

John Abraham to produce & star in motorcycle-based film

According to a media report, Bollywood actor John Abraham will be starring in a motorcycle-based film. The film is being produced by his production house and will be directed by Rensil D'Silva.

John Abraham to produce & star in motorcycle-based film-21johnabrahamaprilia1.jpg

While the title of the movie is yet to be announced, the actor has reportedly said that the film will be about riders and human relationships. The action scenes in the movie will be filmed at the Isle of Man TT circuit. The movie is expected to go into production later this year.

John Abraham is an avid rider himself. His collection of superbikes includes a Suzuki Hayabusa, Yamaha YZF-R1, Yamaha V-Max, and Aprilia RSV4 among others. The actor is well known for his role in the movie Dhoom, in which he rides a Suzuki Hayabusa.

Source: NDTV

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 19:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: John Abraham to produce & star in motorcycle-based film

The market is mature now for a movie which shows a genuine and true depiction of a relationship a rider shares with his ride and his tribe.
Of course, nothing is stopping them to make a movie and again have a Hayabusa jumping over bridges and R1's taking on dirt tracks.
bigron is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 11:47   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, he is a diehard petrolhead so I'm expecting good things to come out of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
The market is mature now for a movie which shows a genuine and true depiction of a relationship a rider shares with his ride and his tribe.
I'd draw up an analogy with the movie "Rock On". It wasn't a hardcore rock movie, but still had enough rock music + brilliant performances + excellent story line + acting talent to keep everyone happy. And the cash registers ringing.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 12:28   #4
BHPian

As stupid as Dhoom movie was in terms of flying Busas, it did leave a mark on me when I watched it as a kid. Superbikes were not very common in those days and a movie revolving around them really made an impact on the India youth. So much so that truck horns, reverse horns and even brakes on bikes were fitted with "Dhoom machale" song.

It's good to see that John Abraham is coming up with another movie that I assume will be more mature and connect to the current generation of riders.

I sometimes envy these movie stars who have the money to buy any machine they like and have a dream garage while we have to plan our investments for years to buy that one big bike of our dreams. But then I have the freedom and relatively more time to ride anytime and almost anywhere I want, a liberty these celebrities do not have. I remember an interview of John Abraham with Hormazd Sorabjee after he purchased a new bike (probably the RSV4) where he mentioned that after a lot of riding at night times to avoid being recognized, he was able to put up a mileage of 600 kms on his bike. Hormazd was like
anshumandun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 16:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

@ GTO - I remember alot of my friends from school and college you had bands or were into singing really related to the movie ROCK ON and the way it projected the ups and downs that a music band in India goes through . No wonder the film clicked with the huge number of local musicians that we have. On a different note, I cant stand the very mediocre Mr Akhtar.
@ anshumandun - I would credit the Dhoom movie if for nothing else, for popularizing the Hayabusa in this country and the reality that such machines exist. Thats a different story that kids went ahead and actually bought these machines and then crashed them all over the place.
bigron is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The action scenes in the movie will be filmed at the Isle of Man TT circuit.

If Isle of Man is being featured in the movie, then it could very well be a biopic on the Current Bike India Editor Aspi Bathena.

Quote:
Aspi Bathena is also the only Indian to have ever won a Bronze replica medal at the legendary Isle of Man TT, in 1987
Source

Last edited by payeng : 2nd April 2019 at 11:45.
payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 03:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
So much so that truck horns, reverse horns and even brakes on bikes were fitted with "Dhoom machale" song.
I, too, remember surviving those dark days. I developed an involuntary facial twitch from cringing every time I heard that awful noise and I remember visiting hospitals to enquire how much it would cost to have my ears permanently sealed shut and whether my office health insurance plan would cover the expense

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks