Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2007, 21:41   #1
BHPian

Comet or Karizma which is better?

guys tell me does comet have better handling and performance compared with karishma.pls tell me in delail
Old 29th January 2007, 21:55   #2
BHPian

You cant compare a karizma(single pod)to a comet(v-twin)both belong to different category.
Performance wise,the comet will blow away the karizma in every gear,every rpm.
Handling wise,Karizma is the most stable bike at high speeds,lil pain to ride it in city.Can comment on the comet,never ridden it at high speeds nor done any city riding.
Old 29th January 2007, 22:13   #3
BHPian

Comet - Dual Cylinder Vtwin 250cc
Karishma - 1 cylinder 225cc

That tells abt the perfomance
Old 29th January 2007, 23:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

a brand new comet is not available anymore, and there is certainly not better vfm bike in that segment than the karizma. havent ridden a comet, but from what i ve heard about it, if you can find a well kept example around 1 L, you should not hesitate!!

manson.
Old 30th January 2007, 00:41   #5

In terms of performance the comet is waaaaaaaaay better than the karizma.The karizma isnt really in the same league.
However that being said,i have a couple of friends who have comets and they all complain about how hard it is to get spare parts for it.God forbid a crash on it will keep you waiting atleast 4-5 months for kinetic to import the parts from hyosung.
You would not have that problem with a karizma.
Old 30th January 2007, 02:22   #6
BHPian

Both bikes in terms on performance is really good. but the negative thing about comet is the spares, the service (showroom and not roadside) is really bad and also kinda overpriced.
Old 30th January 2007, 08:10   #7
Team-BHP Support

If you have money, go get the Comet... But repairs are going to be bit expensive and spares arw going to be hard to get..

If you have budget to get the Karizma... Buy the Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi...
Old 30th January 2007, 10:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

for the heart its the comet and for the mind its the karizma. Its upto you to decide how much your mind bears upon your heart and vice-versa.

Comet is the one of the best out there right.
Karizma is lags behind but is better in service and peace of mind.
Old 30th January 2007, 11:55   #9
BHPian

I think Karizma is such a bike which doesnot deserve being talked about. Instead talk which is better Pulsar 220DTSFi or Comet.
Old 30th January 2007, 12:03   #10
BHPian

go for the comet if u want to stand out from the crowd. I personally like the look of the bike...
Old 30th January 2007, 12:27   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
go for the comet if u want to stand out from the crowd. I personally like the look of the bike...
Comet looks really handsome...!!
Wish they offered the Pulsar with the same naked looks.
Old 30th January 2007, 14:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

comparision

Ironically, there was a similar question lingering in my mind today morning.

Will the karizma or the pulsar 220 DTSFi come into the same league as the comet.
Well now i understand atleast the karizma doesnt. Then what about the pulsar 220 DTSFi?
As rightly said by few, the spares are expensive. keeping this in mind, how about a comparision between a used Comet and a used Kawasaki Ninja 250(may be a 2003 or 04 model).
Both are 250cc twin cylinder. (ofcourse one of them is V-twin while the other is liquid cooled).
Commets please.
Old 30th January 2007, 17:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Ninja wins. If you can afford it. Comet is a better bike than the 'Zma. Have ridden it on highways, and though I'm not much of a bike (heck, not at all a biker), the bike feels a LOT bigger than 250 cc. And it's pretty stable. Quick too.

I'd buy a 'Zma over a Bajaj anyday, unless the Bajaj was significantly quicker. An old Karizma will hold together way better than a similarly aged Pulsar.
Old 30th January 2007, 17:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b View Post
I think Karizma is such a bike which doesnot deserve being talked about. Instead talk which is better Pulsar 220DTSFi or Comet.
I wouldnt pass sucha blanket statement

I have ridden both Comet & ZMA.

Comet is a really good bike the biggst problem with bike is cost & availability of spares, If you want to use it for weeknd spins & not regular use then go for it.

Also not many people sell it unless its giving problem or they areupgrading to a bigger bike so be alert while buying one

ZMA: is much more affordable than the Comet, one of my friend(id Soulreaper) who owned both these bikes sweared on ZMA's handling being better than Comet.

If panning for ZMA wait fora while the FI zma is to come soon
Old 30th January 2007, 17:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
As rightly said by few, the spares are expensive. keeping this in mind, how about a comparision between a used Comet and a used Kawasaki Ninja 250(may be a 2003 or 04 model).
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ninja wins. If you can afford it...
My query, was in this aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If you have money, go get the Comet... But repairs are going to be bit expensive and spares are going to be hard to get..
My cousin in USA has a ninja 250. I was wondering whether it could be brought to india as a used vehicle and pay the tax what ever it may be, instead of buying a comet 250. But thinking over the spares - and when I say used ninja, it is prone to repairs.
Btw, the ninja 250 has a good FE around 30 kmpl (+ or - 5). hmmm!!! thats something

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks