Team-BHP - Bajaj CT110 launched at Rs. 37,997
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Bajaj CT110 launched at Rs. 37,997 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/211352-bajaj-ct110-launched-rs-37-997-a.html)

Bajaj has launched the new CT110 commuter bike, priced at Rs. 37,997 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Bajaj CT110 launched at Rs. 37,997-ct1102.jpg

The CT110 features semi-knobby tyres and 170 mm of ground clearance. It has a bigger crash guard, upswept exhaust, rubber mirror covers and bellows on the front suspension. The bike comes with a thick padded seat and a rubber tank pad. It weighs 116 kg and comes with a 10.5 litre fuel tank.

Bajaj CT110 launched at Rs. 37,997-ct1103.jpg

Powering the CT110 is a 115cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 8.44 BHP @ 7,000 rpm and 9.81 Nm @ 5,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 4-speed gearbox.

Bajaj CT110 launched at Rs. 37,997-ct1101.jpg

The CT110 comes equipped with a 125 mm telescopic fork suspension at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. The braking setup consists of 130 mm drums at both ends.

Link to Team-BHP News

Many things to dislike, but damn! That pricing is just crazy VFM!

That's a complete value for money package. Made me remember the old Hero Honda CD 100 days which use to be produced and sold on the similar lines.

Bajaj Boxer is another value for money machine. Drum brakes in today's time look out of place but something that can be taken out on road at about 42-43 k is really good. It will find buyers in tier II and rural setups !

At least it's NOT a SPLENDOR knock off (Ahem.... Radeon).

Sorry to say but the news lacks the most important information what buyers wish to know in this segment.

What's the mileage?

stupid:

Very much value for money pricing. A new bike at the price of a flagship android phone. Only thing remains to see is if the engine/variant is here to stay long. IMHO, the regular CT100 is doing consistently good numbers on monthly basis, many bikes are visible on the road as well.

Does anyone have details on the number of ~100cc dtsi's that Bajaj has brought in, taken out of market? Baring the first gen. Discover dtsi, rest all were prone to aging rapidly.

They are Plonking the 115cc engine in all lower variants.

Platina 110 4 gear
Platina 110 H - 5 gear

Now CT100 - 4 gear. But for the Gas Charged shock absorber and painting scheme in the Platina, is there any other difference between them ?

My Platina 110 demands to be ridden every day. Else it gives starting trouble the next day, needs choke and will not move till properly warmed up. Don't know the reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugram (Post 4625075)
They are Plonking the 115cc engine in all lower variants.

Platina 110 4 gear
Platina 110 H - 5 gear

Now CT100 - 4 gear. But for the Gas Charged shock absorber and painting scheme in the Platina, is there any other difference between them ?

Don't think so.. like the way the Hero Splendor and Hero HF Deluxe share the same engine 97.2 cc engine (btw even Hero is slowing replacing the Honda based engine with the its new 109.15 cc engine).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinprakas (Post 4624994)
Many things to dislike, but damn! That pricing is just crazy VFM!

And us Indians just love value-for-money! This article on our news section was our most-read one yesterday. It garnered more views than even my quick take on the MG Hector. I was wondering why...until I read your post.

Many of us motorcycle enthusiasts love to joke that Bajaj often seems to a company that is still stuck in the past. And not in a good way. Same old products, same old engine swaps, same old same old. But for once they seem to have something right with this approach as this pricing is like a blast from the past. A sub Rs 40,000 ex showroom pricing for a 110 cc bike is a throwback to the market pricing of old.

Today the piddly and very likeable Honda Navi has an ex showroom, Delhi price of Rs 44,775. The Honda CD 110 Dream has an ex showroom Price of Rs 47,398. TVS's Sport which has a 100cc engine has an ex showroom price of Rs 37,280. Bajaj undercuts all of them significantly with the CT 100 which has an ex-showroom price of Rs 33,344. A 110cc upgrade at the price of the TVS 100cc offering is smart strategy.

In today's tough market, the 1 - 2 combination of the bargain basement priced CT 100 and the CT 110 might be the perfect recipe for Bajaj to rake in significant volumes. The monthly dispatch reports, flawed as they might be, will be very interesting to see in the coming months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4625386)
Many of us motorcycle enthusiasts love to joke that Bajaj often seems to a company that is still stuck in the past. And not in a good way. Same old products, same old engine swaps, same old same old.

Volumes would come, but I guess these products don't add much to the Bottom Line.

They would keep the vendors busy though ... allowing the Manufacturer to make margins from other products (Pulsars).

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4625348)
I was wondering why...until I read your post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4625386)
In today's tough market, the 1 - 2 combination of the bargain basement priced CT 100 and the CT 110 might be the perfect recipe for Bajaj to rake in significant volumes.

Just for comparison the current price at what the CT110 is being offered is similar to what I had got my BS3 CT100B in 2017 without any discount courtesy my bad-timing, here's a quote from my ownership thread about the OTR price from 2017;

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinprakas (Post 4177722)
The Price.

The CT100B cost me 45,200/- on road, where as the CT100 was offered for 52,200/- on road.

And the reason this is hard to digest for me is because I got my P220 after some hard bargaining on literally the last working day of 2014 for 98,000/- and the same motorcycle(Non ABS) was recently purchased by a friend for 1,30,000/-, and the BS4 Non-ABS variant of the P220 is stripped from a lot of features compared to my BS3 P220.

Hence I simply can't make sense of how Bajaj manages to push the CT110 out at this price even after adding more features to the list after 2 years.

Heck! Even the first iteration of this motor which debuted on my Discover 100 DTSi 4G Self-Start with more or less similar features to what the CT110 is being offered to now cost me Rs.54,000/- IIRC in 2013.

Trust me when I say I'm not a fan of the motor present on the CT110 even though it is quicker 'off the line' than quite a few 150cc+ motorcycles but Bajaj does make it hard to nitpick at this price. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinprakas (Post 4625770)
Hence I simply can't make sense of how Bajaj manages to push the CT110 out at this price even after adding more features to the list after 2 years.

Desperate times. Desperate measures. With the market in doldrums and automobile dealers being uneasy, a bargain basement offering might be the right recipe. How else can one get people in the door of dealerships? Payeng is right on point when he says that this will bring volumes but not a lot of profits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by payeng (Post 4625515)
Volumes would come, but I guess these products don't add much to the Bottom Line.

They would keep the vendors busy though ... allowing the Manufacturer to make margins from other products (Pulsars).

Absolutely! At the end of the day, small profits on some sales are far better than large profits on no sales.

And once these customers are in the Bajaj family, it is easy to convince them to upgrade to an offering from Bajaj in due course of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 (Post 4625011)
Very much value for money pricing. A new bike at the price of a flagship android phone.

2 bikes at the price of a Samsung Android flagship phone. lol:

Like everyone else, I too am amazed at the fantastic price. However, I am no nitpicking detractor ( at this price) because these bikes are good. My office had a CT 100 for the errand boys and I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of operation. Frugal petrol consumption, very inexpensive parts and consumables and very easy to ride as well. And this one is more powerful, looks way better and is certainly more bang for the buck. Kudos to M/s Bajaj.