Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 08:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: India Bike Week to be held on December 6-7, 2019

3 bike events at Vagator in 7 weeks. TVS racing has Moto Soul on 18th & 19th Oct; RE ridermania 22nd to 24th Nov and then IBW on 6th & 7th Dec.

While venue is known for events (these & others), bottlenecks happen on narrow roads and riding groups getting confused on which lane to follow.
Goa gets advertised for 365 days on a holiday, however visiting folks forget that they needn't carry their highway speeds on internal roads.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 13:46   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This just in from the organisers:

Quote:
This year, the IBW Team announced that the Festival would include well over 40% more biking content than ever before:

1. IBW Track Days: For the first time ever, IBW will feature 4 entirely separate, timed, Bike Racing adventures at the Festival

a. Flat Track Timed Trials by Harley-Davidson India: Flat Track racing is one of the oldest and most iconic racing formats in the Harley-Davidson kitty. Participants will be provided custom built Flat Track 750’s from Rajputana Customs for this track, also run by Vijay Singh from Rajputana Customs. The riders with the top 3 times will be awarded with a cash price of INR 50,000, 30,000 and 20,000respectively. Participation is free, interested participants will have to pre-register on www.indiabikeweek.in and click participate.

b. Hill Climb by School of Dirt: India Bike Week, in association with School of Dirt, presents an enduro Hill Climb. It is a motorsport stripped to its essence. One rider, one machine, one hill. Fastest to the top wins! Engines and frames may have evolved over time, but the elemental challenge of being quickest up the mountain endures. You can learn the art of off-road hill climb from the experts and participate to win exciting prizes at #IBW2019! The participation fee is INR 1,000/- and interested participants can pre-register on www.indiabikeweek.in and click participate

c. Big Rock Enduro Training Academy: Experience the thrill of ADV motorcycling. Get training from the off-road experts from Big Rock Dirt Park at #IBW2019 and test your mettle on our specially designed enduro track. Participants will be required to bring their own motorcycle and riding gear. The participation fee is INR 1,500/- for 1 Hour of training. Bikers can pre-register on www.indiabikeweek.in and click participate.

d. MOTO MOB: Inspired by the moto-mafias of Mexico, this track features stripped down, naked machines that will test your skills to the limit. Designed for you and your partner in crime, enroll for this wild relay to show ’em who’s boss! Interested bikers, participation fee will be Rs.600 for a team of 2 individuals. You can register on www.indiabikeweek.in and click participate.

2. INTERNATIONAL BIKING SUPERSTARS: At IBW for the first time, celebrated bikers like Rok Bagoros, (International Celebrity Stunter), FMX 4 EVER, (International Freestyle MotoCross Team), Aishwarya Pissay, (First Indian Athlete To Win A World Title), Rajini Krishnan, (First Indian Winner of Asian Road Racing Championship) and Simran King, (National Champion for JK Tyre 1000 CC Category), Ashish Raorane will be showcasing their talents and coming together at the Big Trip for a session on Careers in Motorsport moderated by Sagar Sheldekar.

3. IBW ICONS : KTM Adventure Ambassador Mr. Giovanni Sala : 6 time World Enduro Champion and a Master Mentor for the KTM Adventure Rallies will be flying down and share his insights on adventure segment with the bikers. Aishwarya Pissay – First Indian Athlete to win a world title, Rajini Krishnan- First Indian Winner of Asian Road Racing Championship, Simran Singh National Champion –JK Tyre 1000 CC Category are the other Global icons who will be at the festival

4. Moto Art And Good Music:
Rocking Vagator and India’s bikers, India’s best new musicians from all over the nation like SU Real & General Zooz, Ritviz, Pineapple Express, Best Kept Secret along with L.Y.D. will perform LIVE at IBW. Taking forward the theme of Hand Built culture will be the Moto Art collective, showcasing some of the various artists presenting Biker inspired art and installations by Bacon & Eggs, Prankur Rana, Mechlogue and Tilak Godwa

5. Global Speakers for the Big Trip: Candida Louis, Manas Dewan & Anuradha Bhonsale Dewan, Girish Venkatraman, Deepak Kamath, Sukesh Viswanath,Debasshish Ghosh & Dharmendra Jain, Alex Chacon are few of the Big Trip Speakers who will be share the stage graced by Motorcycle Traveller Greats like Ted Simon, Nick Sanders, Horizons Unlimited, the late Hubert Kriegel, and relate their experiences and insights into the world of two-wheel travel.

6. Retail Therapy for Bikers: India’s definitive biker’s mart here will be presenting 120+ brands to showcase their world-class gear in an all new Biker Mart and Expo. Over 120+ Bike Accessory shops including Performance Racing Store and Big Bad Bikes have confirmed their participation.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 09:13   #18
BHPian

I am guessing i spotted a contingent from probably Triumph Kochi headed towards IBW (Going by the timing, the bike registration numbers and the Pristine bikes. All bikes were registered though, so guessing owners volunteered to join).

2 Tigers, One Speed twin, One Rocket? (Is there any other cruiser in Triumph Range?) and a TUV 300 in my daily commute from Palakkad to Coimbatore. Was with them in the strictly monitored Kerala Roads. They disappeared into the Horizon as soon as the unmonitored Tamilnadu raods came.

God that Speed twin makes we weak in my knees every time i see it. Such a beauty.
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 09:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

The highlight for the IBW 2019 would be the unveiling of the KTM 390 Adv for sure.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 20:53   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
2 Tigers, One Speed twin, One Rocket? (Is there any other cruiser in Triumph Range?) and a TUV 300 in my daily commute from Palakkad to Coimbatore. Was with them in the strictly monitored Kerala Roads. They disappeared into the Horizon as soon as the unmonitored Tamilnadu raods came.

God that Speed twin makes we weak in my knees every time i see it. Such a beauty.
A picture shared in the KL xBhp Group by one of the Tiger riders;

India Bike Week to be held on December 6-7, 2019-img20191204wa0026.jpg

They indeed are heading to IBW.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 13:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
A picture shared in the KL xBhp Group by one of the Tiger riders;
They indeed are heading to IBW.
Cool. Hope they reached safe and sound today. Wow xbhp, i actually am not able to recall the last time i logged into it. My first group ride was with xbhp riders though.

Anybody with guesses on what that cruiser is? Why i am not able to identify/recall what this bike is two days after having seen it!

Last edited by rohitoasis : 6th December 2019 at 13:35.
Old 6th December 2019, 13:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody with guesses on what that cruiser is? Why i am not able to identify/recall what this bike is two days after having seen it!
It looks like a Triumph Thunderbird LT.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 13:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like an Indian Springfield.
Old 6th December 2019, 14:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I think your guess is right. It did have Triumph badging. The photos against this model look very similar to the bike i saw day before yesterday.

I did not know this model. Was not able to find this in the website too. I tried Indian and UK websites of Triumph.
Old 6th December 2019, 14:40   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Looks like an Indian Springfield.
It's a Triumph Thunderbird LT.

Just confirmed with fellow enthusiast Suresh who was one of the Tiger riders in the group.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 14:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you are right sir. It is indeed Triumph Thunderbird LT. Attaching a pic for reference
Attached Thumbnails
India Bike Week to be held on December 6-7, 2019-triumphthunderbirdlt640.jpg  

drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 09:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

IBW 2019 again seems to have caught the wrong attention, this time with the Youtubers. it seems they had put down a clause that they can put a video blog on the event not exceeding 3 min.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks