Team-BHP - Karizma Cold Start Problem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Karizma Cold Start Problem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/21344-karizma-cold-start-problem.html)

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought a second hand karizma(August 2005), the bike is in excellent condition and the ride is also smooth.
There is one problem.. the bike does not start that easily if the engine is cold(starting in early morning).. even the choke doesnt help much.. i think there might be some trick to get it to start when the engine is cold .. is it????

Any help would be appreciated..!!:Cheering:

Check
1)Spark plug
2)Idle rpm,i guess it must be 1krpm,check your manual.
3)Clogged carb
4)Choke working or not

Thanks man.. will check all these things.

probably your choke may not be working..but have u notice any bad throttle response? clean ur carb and check up with the spark plug. and just a advice even though you start your bike in the morin just switch on the choke and dont rev ur bike for few seconds. Even after you start off in the morin riding your bike and if you finding jerking... make sure you keep ur rev's below 4k and if you ind a open road take it to high rev and after that there shouldnt be a problem.

Hi There..

I am sure that the choke is working because if i start the bike with the choke on.. the rpm is much higher than normal.. idle rpm is around 1.1 k

Will get the carb and the spark plug checked..

Many Thanks :Cheering:

Check if you can get Iridium spark plugs after you get your carb checked. It would definitely respond much better during cold starts and will definitely change your ride.

I've had the same problem. The bike starts only with Choke, but the moment you put off the choke, it's off again.

I put on the choke, take the bike out and ride normally. After about a min, I put the choke off, and it's good as new.

Superavi

get carb cleaned, air filter ditto, set mixture proper oh yeah check and clean/replace plugs this is a common thing with most 4 stroke bikes, especially when cold

This seems to be a problem with several Karizma's... Though me and my friend gave our best shot at correcting this problem with one of the best bike tuners in blore the problem still persists. Setting proper plug gap is the best we could arrive at to reduce the lag time during cold starts, thats it, nothing else has really helped at all!!!

We are still working on it relentlessly, will keep this thread alive till we find a solution.

forgot to mention, float level of carbs, if the float pins are worn replace them with OE

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 374814)
This seems to be a problem with several Karizma's... Though me and my friend gave our best shot at correcting this problem with one of the best bike tuners in blore the problem still persists. Setting proper plug gap is the best we could arrive at to reduce the lag time during cold starts, thats it, nothing else has really helped at all!!!

We are still working on it relentlessly, will keep this thread alive till we find a solution.

you mean to say the sprak plug gap...? "we could arrive at to reduce the lag time during cold starts," and how does it work at cold starts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosfreak (Post 374972)
you mean to say the sprak plug gap...? "we could arrive at to reduce the lag time during cold starts," and how does it work at cold starts?

I dont quite know how to explain scientifically but reducing the spark plug gap slightly lesser than company specification will arguably show a mild difference. May be coz of a stronger and shorter discharge!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 374975)
I dont quite know how to explain scientifically but reducing the spark plug gap slightly lesser than company specification will arguably show a mild difference. May be coz of a stronger and shorter discharge!!!

But i have noticed that the bike doesnt respond to full throttle when u lessin down the gap of the spark plug. In others words the bike does it cut off @ a certain rpm and just to confirm this is the stock spark plugs from the company itself.....

Thanks guys... will get these things checked tomorrow(saturday) hopefully it should take care of it..!!!

Many Thanks Again.

Cheers cheers:

Jazzy

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have seen the problem to be vapor lock on two Karizmas.