Team-BHP - The BS6 predicament: Should I buy a two-wheeler now or wait till April 2020?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The BS6 predicament: Should I buy a two-wheeler now or wait till April 2020? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/213748-bs6-predicament-should-i-buy-two-wheeler-now-wait-till-april-2020-a-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 4702041)
One doubt:

I'm planning to buy a BS4 bike in the last week of December since I'm expecting some heavy discounts. :D

So will the companies stop the BS4 models by Dec?

I will suggest that you start visiting different showrooms now itself to get a sense of what discounts are available and how much BS4 stocks are lying with each of the dealers. From my limited visits to some of the different bike showrooms in Cochin, there is a lot of inventory lying around and they will surely spill over into the next year.

Heard that many companies are already giving heavy discounts. But heard only for premium bikes like Tiger.

Shall we start sharing discounts available on BS4 commuter and mid level bikes?

I'm interested in getting either TVS 200 4V or Bajaj Dominar or ...
Will be using it mainly for office commute of 35km per day.

Wait for BSvi, definitely wait for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishv (Post 4703725)
Heard that many companies are already giving heavy discounts. But heard only for premium bikes like Tiger.

Shall we start sharing discounts available on BS4 commuter and mid level bikes?

I'm interested in getting either TVS 200 4V or Bajaj Dominar or ...
Will be using it mainly for office commute of 35km per day.

Even I'm looking for a bike for regular use. I'm mainly looking at 150-250cc categories. Eagerly waiting for BS4 offers to pop up in Banglore.

From what i read, BSVI would mean only FI (125cc+? ). Not sure if this is mandatory or the emission norms can only be achieved using FI only.

In either case, prices will increase due to FI I feel. I am still not hopeful on EV bikes seeing mass market traction yet, but the increased prices might just bring EV at par with the FI enabled bikes. Its been a long wait for me and still no clarity :)

I've mostly zeroed in on NS200 as a purchase. It is based purely on the looks and riding ergonomics and the fact that it is VFM than contenders.

But strange enough there are no much reviews or ownership reports on Pulsar NS200 on team-bhp except for Preetham's review which dates back to 2012. I'm waiting for the bs4 offers to pop up. Meanwhile, it will be really helpful if Bhp-ians can give some inputs on whether NS200 is a good decision.

Reading in different posts about the offers on BS IV motorbikes, like offer on CBR 250R in
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4751059

Can we update this post with offers On BS4 two wheelers we came across for the benefit of team-BHP members please.

I did a casual check in a few showrooms and found that no BS4 or very limited stocks are available on 250-300cc bikes.

1. CBR250R - found a non-ABS, yellow 10K discount 1.9L onroad
2. Ninja 300 - Thane west, Demo bike(green) with 60K worth accessories free 3.74L on road
3. Ninja 300 - Jogeshwari, no discount only grey/black combo available 3.74L On road

I think BS4 stocks are as good as finished in the 2-4L segment.

I was a bit swayed by the news that Ninja 300 has a 20-30K discount and was considering it but wither the news was wrong or I was late .

-Slick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 4757237)
I did a casual check in a few showrooms and found that no BS4 or very limited stocks are available on 250-300cc bikes.

2. Ninja 300 - Thane west, Demo bike(green) with 60K worth accessories free 3.74L on road
3. Ninja 300 - Jogeshwari, no discount only grey/black combo available 3.74L On road

I think BS4 stocks are as good as finished in the 2-4L segment.

I was a bit swayed by the news that Ninja 300 has a 20-30K discount and was considering it but wither the news was wrong or I was late .

-Slick

Since this bs6 debacle has been going on for a while now I guess the mass manufacturers might have planned accordingly and limited the production numbers so they don't have to give them at throw away prices. The premium manufacturers might have some old stock left as they don't sell that well.

My take on this buy bs4 now or wait for bs6 , I'd say it depends on the current bike..if the vehicle in question already has fi then go for it now as the bs6 might have an additional cat and power might be affected. But if it's a carbed version then it's better to wait for bs6 as fi will be a lot more refined and more efficient.

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 4757237)

-Slick

Thanks for sharing.

But how is it possible to register Non-ABS CBR 250 in 2020 considering this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-...ndatory-4.html Possibly its a Pre-April 2019 dealer registered bike

Its also surprising to know minimal discounts on Kawasakis, especially at Anzen Kawasaki who is known to have good deals going on at most times. Stocks really appear to minimal.

Manufacturers seem to have planned the transition well for now unlike BS3 to BS4 transition in 2017. But it would be interesting to see the situation same time in March.

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4757469)
Thanks for sharing.

But how is it possible to register Non-ABS CBR 250 in 2020 considering this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-...ndatory-4.html Possibly its a Pre-April 2019 dealer registered bike

Wow, was not aware of that.
It was a nice Yellow CBR. I was tempted for half a second before good sense prevailed.

Quote:

Its also surprising to know minimal discounts on Kawasakis, especially at Anzen Kawasaki who is known to have good deals going on at most times. Stocks really appear to minimal.

Manufacturers seem to have planned the transition well for now unlike BS3 to BS4 transition in 2017. But it would be interesting to see the situation same time in March.

I am surprised as well, if you see the sales figures for Kawasaki for December and Jan, they have basically not sold any 300s, which means they have managed the stocks for quite some time and the black grey one available in Mumbai might well be a july/august piece or from even before.

I saw some articles mentioning 30K discount for the 300, it's a steal at that price but don't think it was true, unless some bhpian confirms that they got the deal.

My rational about the BS6 change for the bikes is that they are going to be either of the following
1. Less Powerful
2. Heavy
3. Expensive
4. All of the above.

So unless you are looking at a very niche product, BS4 would be a better buy. Too late in the day I see.

-Slick

Have visited 2 or 3 showrooms of Honda and 1 TVS for Activa and Jupiter for my mother. The highest quote was from V.D. Honda with most unnecessary mandatory things added, the discount being offered are cash discount of Rs.1000 and free accessories. Will wait for better discounts in March.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 4757496)
Wow, was not aware of that.
It was a nice Yellow CBR. I was tempted for half a second before good sense prevailed.

I saw some articles mentioning 30K discount for the 300, it's a steal at that price but don't think it was true, unless some bhpian confirms that they got the deal.

So unless you are looking at a very niche product, BS4 would be a better buy. Too late in the day I see.

-Slick

Good that you avoided the Non-ABS variant. I wouldn't consider it even if the offered discount was much higher.

Also IMHO 30k off on Ninja 300 isn't really a mouth watering deal considering the Z650 was being sold at INR 5.50 lakhs about a month back and a BHP'ian in Mumbai did pick that one.

In any case, I don't think it's too late yet. With all that automotive slowdown we witnessed last year, I am somehow not convinced BS4 stocks are out already. Do keep an eye out for good deals in coming weeks. :thumbs up

April 2020 is going to be a confusing month - specially in terms of vehicle purchase. Whether to wait or not for BS6 iterations of two wheelers was a conundrum that prompted me to start this thread. I ended up purchasing a Suzuki Access way back in October.

Today, i learnt that the BS4 stocks of Suzuki Access 125 are being offered with the following benefits:
  1. Corporate Discount of UPTO ₹5,000/-
  2. Free accessories pack worth ₹3,000/-
  3. Loans at 5.99%.
  4. Paytm cash back benefits.
As usual, there are some fine prints (can't apparently combine all of them together). Still, its a good time to pick up one if BS4 isn't going to be a concern.

The only reason you don't buy a BS-IV over a BS-VI vehicle is if the new vehicle will have improvements. Otherwise, a cheaper vehicle and no real difference in performance/features makes it a no-brainer.