Team-BHP - The BS6 predicament: Should I buy a two-wheeler now or wait till April 2020?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The BS6 predicament: Should I buy a two-wheeler now or wait till April 2020? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/213748-bs6-predicament-should-i-buy-two-wheeler-now-wait-till-april-2020-a-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4757544)
Good that you avoided the Non-ABS variant. I wouldn't consider it even if the offered discount was much higher.

Also IMHO 30k off on Ninja 300 isn't really a mouth watering deal considering the Z650 was being sold at INR 5.50 lakhs about a month back and a BHP'ian in Mumbai did pick that one.

30K makes it 3.4L on road and I expect the BS6 to be 3.9L or thereabouts so 50K in all. Also not sure if it will be launched soon. That makes it a good deal, but you are right, not mouth watering by any stretch.

Quote:

In any case, I don't think it's too late yet. With all that automotive slowdown we witnessed last year, I am somehow not convinced BS4 stocks are out already. Do keep an eye out for good deals in coming weeks. :thumbs up
Yes, let's see how it goes, the lack of stocks overall tells me that the 300 might not be available, but the 650s might indeed come further down.
:thumbs up

BTW checked the Apache FI top model in Mumbai 1.48L on road Mumbai

-Slick

One more update -
Checked at a few locations in Mumbai for the Gixxer SF 250,
You can easily get a discount between 20-25K.
That makes the bike at an on road price of 1.75-1.8L. (default on road being 2.05L)

Kawasaki Z650 available @6.1-6.3L on road, I assume it will come down below 6 if you bargain hard and show intent of buying. I didn't.

- Slick

Got this today

Bumper offer on Gixxer SF 250 BS4- Last 5 vehicles ONLY Offers - upto 40,000
1)FREE 1+ 5 Year Insurance (Actual or Upto 12000)
2)Exchange Bonus- upto 7000 (any vehicle 5K- if Suzuki or 150 CC bike, Addl 2K)
3)Helmet- 2150 - SGA Helmet
4)Extended warranty 690 ( 5 years Extended warranty)
5) Corporate Discount- 5000 ( company should be part of Suzuki approved list)
6)Finance DP Support- 9800 (5% of Loan value Max 9800)
7)Finance Processing fees- 4000 (actual or 4K whichever is less)
8) PAYTM VOuchers- 8500 ( multiple promocodes, Max 8500)
Conditions apply
Call 9900073002

Waiting for similar offer on Perak :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 4770440)
One more update -

Kawasaki Z650 available @6.1-6.3L on road, I assume it will come down below 6 if you bargain hard and show intent of buying. I didn't.

- Slick

:Shockked: Z650's were retailing on-road at 5.49 lakhs in Mumbai 3 months back. Bhp'ian @BF1983 picked one up at that price https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4713679

I thought the Kawasaki prices would only go down from there as we neared BSIV sale deadline but that's a sharp increase unless this is the 2020 BVI version, in which case it is an absolute steal again. Where did you inquire?

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4770554)
:Shockked: Z650's were retailing on-road at 5.49 lakhs in Mumbai 3 months back. Bhp'ian @BF1983 picked one up at that price

Not sure but he said this is a recently manufactured piece, does it mean it is a BS6? Has BS6 already been launched?

This was in Navi Mumbai.

- Slick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 4770907)
Not sure but he said this is a recently manufactured piece, does it mean it is a BS6? Has BS6 already been launched?

This was in Navi Mumbai.

- Slick

Yes, it was launched in December 19. See this

At that price it has to be the 2020 B6 version since most MY19 version models were sold off by early 2020

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4770554)
:Shockked: Z650's were retailing on-road at 5.49 lakhs in Mumbai 3 months back. Bhp'ian @BF1983 picked one up at that price https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4713679

I thought the Kawasaki prices would only go down from there as we neared BSIV sale deadline but that's a sharp increase unless this is the 2020 BVI version, in which case it is an absolute steal again. Where did you inquire?

That was a dealer specific offer (Anzen). The other out of Mumbai dealer (Motosaki) was charging a lot more than 6 lakhs when I had enquired.

Feb end, 2020 the rideventure Bangalore offered BS4 Z650 for 6.4L on road for the one in the last lot. I had to move to flat (So that i can have access to secured parking). It took a while (March 2nd week) to settle down, by that time corona started and I couldn't get her.
Now with My2020 BS6 Z650 towering around 8L on-road, I am confused yet again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsumoto (Post 4800891)
Now with My2020 BS6 Z650 towering around 8L on-road, I am confused yet again.

If this is indeed going to be the case (guessing B'luru has higher road tax?), I'd say the Z650 is not worth it. The BS6 version has a better design, LED headlight, TFT display - but 8L might be too much. Try to get a pre-owned BS4 Z650 version if possible or look for other options in similar cc segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVaas (Post 4800920)
look for other options in similar cc segment.

I am interested in street fighter (or thunderbird 650x - it it gets 650cc ever with tubeless tyres stupid: ). I did look for CBR 650R but it require a committed position so i relinquished. One more but a solid street fighter option is CB 650R. But has small tank range and in my vicinity nobody knows when is it getting released.

I was chasing a pre-owned Z650 but before this lock-down happened.

I am glad that I didn't wait the BSVI version and went for a Honda xBlade at a discount of Rs 15,000 and that includes a lot of complementary items from Honda Showroom itself.