Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2020, 23:40   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
New TVS Rockz 125 spied in India

New TVS Rockz 125 spied in India-tvsrockz125spiedinindiaright.jpg
The test mule of the TVS Rockz 125 was spotted at Krishnagiri Highway near Bengaluru, which is close to the TVS Hosur plant.

Quote:
While the details are scarce, we believe that the new TVS Rockz 125 will not come to the Indian market. Instead, TVS is most likely testing the export-spec version before it goes into production. The vehicle is already available for sale in several South-East Asian markets like Indonesia.

In terms of design, the overall silhouette is identical to the model that is currently available for sale. There are, however, a few tweaks to the design to give it a refreshed look. The apron-mounted front indicators, for example, are noticeably different from the units of the existing version. The creases on the apron of the test mule, too, are noticeably sharper than the current model. The panel that connects to the front apron and spreads across the side of the vehicle has received a few styling upgrades as well.

The current TVS Rockz 125 employs a 125 cc single-cylinder, air-cooled, SOHC engine that pumps out 9.8 BHP of peak power at 7,500 rpm and a maximum torque of 9.8 Nm at 5,500 rpm. The motor is paired with a 4-speed gearbox.
Source: IndianAutosBlog
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 07:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

What a disappointment. We need a scooter like the M80, that has large wheels again. I know HH has a less successful product but I wish Honda would just launch the Cub in India. It would do so well assuming it's not overpriced.
Old 14th January 2020, 07:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: New TVS Rockz 125 spied in India

The Cub was launched in India under Hero and a different name (Street) but failed miserably. My friend still owns one
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
What a disappointment. We need a scooter like the M80, that has large wheels again. I know HH has a less successful product but I wish Honda would just launch the Cub in India. It would do so well assuming it's not overpriced.
Old 12th May 2024, 01:11   #4

Advice needed on Importing a TVS Rockz 125 to India from Indonesia/Phillipines.

Hi all.

This is my first post on Team-BHP!! Super grateful to the mods for accepting my request to join this prestigious forum.

Let me begin.

For a while, I've been having a weird attraction towards the mopeds (or scooters) sold in East-Asian Markets, mainly the ones with a manual and automatic gearbox.
I like them as they have a bigger wheel than the scooters sold here in India and the styling really gets me.

I have been researching a lot and found the TVS Rockz to be suitable to my needs. Plus, I'm an avid TVS Fanboy and have owned many bikes from TVS in the past (XL100, Star City, Victor and now Raider) .

New TVS Rockz 125 spied in India-4a17dab6fc3c556458f80c431b7d64fb.jpg

The questions begin: How do I go on about importing one to India? How much would it cost me? Is it worth doing so? Any local services who could assist me in importing one?

Any help on this topic would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

Keshav.
Old 12th May 2024, 15:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice needed on Importing a TVS Rockz 125 to India from Indonesia/Phillipines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonxwrld View Post
The questions begin: How do I go on about importing one to India? How much would it cost me? Is it worth doing so? Any local services who could assist me in importing one?
a. Cost of RockZ = ~78K INR
b. Import tax = Straight 100% {local taxes etc}
c. Shipping cost = ~1.2 Lakh {moderate}
d. Local taxes = not sure
e. Importer service charges = not sure

Approximate total = a + b + c + d + e = Easy 3.54 Lakhs+!!

For 3.5 Lakhs, you can get awesome vehicles in India such as a base model in Ninja or home grown 350 classic to Meteor 650 or love for the ride Triumph 400

Alternatively, Hero Honda Street should be available at a dirt cheap price {if you don't want the good old rugged M80}; even a complete restoration from frame to cotter pin will cost no more than the shipping cost of RockZ

Question back to you is: How badly you want it? If you cannot live without it, 3.6 Lakhs is just a throw away money to satisfy your heart

Another point to consider: Where would you get it serviced? Someone at the parking lot knocks your RockZ down & bends the fork, where do you source the spares from? Philippines or Hosur?

Last edited by aargee : 12th May 2024 at 15:31.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 15:59   #6

Re: Advice needed on Importing a TVS Rockz 125 to India from Indonesia/Phillipines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
For 3.5 Lakhs, you can get awesome vehicles in India such as a base model in Ninja or home grown 350 classic to Meteor 650 or love for the ride Triumph 400

Question back to you is: How badly you want it? If you cannot live without it, 3.6 Lakhs is just a throw away money to satisfy your heart
Never expected 3.5Lakhs to be the estimate haha! Do you know any similar scooters that were launched in India? The Hero Honda Street seems to be rare in Chennai!

I could do a lot more for 3.5Lakhs. The heart wants to go further but the brain is not letting it to do so .

Thanks
Keshav

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th May 2024 at 07:53. Reason: Trimmed the quoted post for better readability. Thanks!
Old 12th May 2024, 16:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonxwrld View Post
Do you know any similar scooters that were launched in India? The Hero Honda Street seems to be rare in Chennai!
You can keep your search wide open beyond Chennai, Coimbatore & even beyond including Bangalore & still you'll be able to incur less than 2L, including the shipping & reregistration charges
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks