Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2020, 11:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Our Jawa Forty Two Story

Fantastic read ! Very well done buddy

I'm a huge Gul Panag fan too, especially of the fact that she enjoys the automobile world, I saw her riding her RE in Chandigarh, was smitten

It's amazing to see Shalom enjoy the ride. Do you think we should be getting him helmet too ? Safety is one concern, I just think he would look really cool considering the bikes that you have !
deepcdc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:12   #17
BHPian

Beautifully written! Had a pleasant start for the day, completed the ready in one go. I am sure this would inspire many more women. Wishing you all safe rides!
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
...., I would love to see my other half riding .... exploring our beautiful country.
Indeed our country is beautiful, especially through the eyes of a enthusiastic motorcyclist.

Bezos has a nice approach when asked something similar. He calls it regret minimisation. You rather do it than not do it, so when you look back, you don't rue missed chances. Of course approach it scientifically asking how, what, when, where, why and answers will lead you ahead.

It's not easy, we surrender ourselves to random uncertainty and fear it. I've my share of missed chances. For many years I've been carrying a head full of dreams, wanting to be an entrepreneur where I know what I want to do but couldn't muster courage due to deep set fears from past conditioning. A community, a guide, a mentor is useful, that's where the strength of like folks on TBHP helps, everyone here is with you towards this goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
...She rode all the way to Yercaud from Chennai if I'm not wrong.
... too a full faced one at it.

Cheers,
A.P.
You are right here, 2 yr Shalom has a Decathlon cycling helmet and I'll pick a new regular Vega full face fitting Shisa.

That road to Yercaud is a delight for a rider. It reminded me of the approach road to the ancient colour temple out skirts of Kolhapur. (Can't remember what it's called now, aging cells.)

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th January 2020 at 13:45. Reason: Back to back posts.
s_pphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 15:00   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the bike! And that's a well written post. Hope both of you get to enjoy the rides.

I was sceptical when initial specs of Jawa were released. But after seeing a couple of them on road I have started to like the way the bikes look. In my personal view its retro design looks really beautiful compared to the modern commuters.
Biker Ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 19:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdc View Post
... Do you think we should be getting him helmet too ? ...
Right now he uses a decath cycle helmet, he's wearing one in the bullet pic. I'm constantly looking out for options to improvise his safety canopy.

On a separate general note relating to the bike. Something I realised that I'll have to change in my guiding note. Couple of my friends borrowed the bike for a short spin. My clear instructions were, keep the bike straight, turn on the engine kill switch, turn on the ignition, wait for the needles to sweep and all the tell tale lights to turn off except the ABS light which blinks.
And then engage clutch and thumb the motor.

On my CBR the check engine light turns on after switching on the engine kill switch and after a few moments turns off which means the FI system is now ready to start the bike.

Both my friends missed one step in the instructions, turning on the engine kill switch first. They turned on the ignition, waited for the needles and the lights to turn off and then turned on the engine kill switch and thumbed the motor. It just coughs since the FI system is not ready.

I prefer the way the CBR is set up. Everytime the engine kill switch is turned on the check engine light comes on as a visual indicator to wait before starting the motor.

Now I just changed my instruction to wait for a minute after switching on the engine kill switch but it's easier to tell someone to wait for all the lights to turn off. It sounds more technical.
Old 8th January 2020, 17:46   #21
BHPian

Nice writeup, welcome to the Jawa family! My best wishes to your wife!! Enjoy the ride.

This is my Jawa 42
Attached Thumbnails
Our Jawa Forty Two Story-whatsapp-image-20200108-17.41.44.jpeg  

.HEM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 23:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post

Bezos has a nice approach when asked something similar. He calls it regret minimization. You rather do it than not do it, so when you look back, you don't rue missed chances. Of course approach it scientifically asking how, what, when, where, why and answers will lead you ahead.
Thanks for the kind words, it completely gave a new dimension to look at things. It does helped in one instance of decision making. Well, I'm asking her out .
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 02:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
Nice writeup, welcome to the Jawa family! My best wishes to your wife!! Enjoy the ride.

This is my Jawa 42
Congratulations brother, happy miles with smiles. It's beautiful, enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Thanks for the kind words, it completely gave a new dimension to look at things. It does helped in one instance of decision making. Well, I'm asking her out .
Wishing you the best, do pass my greetings too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdc View Post
.... especially of the fact that she enjoys the automobile world, I saw her riding her RE in Chandigarh, was smitten
Methinks, she did come to my neighborhood in the initial years of Bullet mania festival.
s_pphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 09:57   #24

Quote:

This is my Jawa 42
Hi there, How is your experience with this beauty so far?? I have booked one for myself. Please share your experience with me.
Old 2nd January 2023, 15:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FENDER_BENDER View Post
Hi there, How is your experience with this beauty so far?? I have booked one for myself. Please share your experience with me.
My usage is very less. The bike odo still did not reach 3000kms after 3+ years :0
But the bike is good. except for the firm seats. I use it only to drop my kids to the school which is just 1km from my home.
.HEM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 21:32   #26

Quote:
My usage is very less. The bike odo still did not reach 3000kms after 3+ years :0
But the bike is good. except for the firm seats. I use it only to drop my kids to the school which is just 1km from my home.
Alright I am going to get custom job for the seat and it appears rest can be managed. Thank you for replying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks