Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2007, 10:28   #16
BHPian

Mobike - yeah man .. sorry.. missed you out on this one...

I shall keep you in the loop the next time around....
Old 8th March 2007, 12:13   #17
BHPian

Riding without rear view mirrros is dangerous. That's the point I'm trying to make. If you wish to ride without them, two things - it's illegal, and it's your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
.You don't need an RD, you'll just waste it.
I'd rather you stick to the topic being discussed rather than make remarks about me. You dont know who I am and I dont care who you are. But it is a public forum where personal remarks are not tolerated.
Old 8th March 2007, 12:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
You are just another car driver dude, and you can be forgiven for that...You don't need an RD, you'll just waste it.

That is a very irresponsible statement.

If people think riding without mirrors is being bold, they're mistaken. Its just a foolish misconception.

Ride with mirrors or dont ride. A biker is too small an object on the road in any case - its his reponsibility to see that (1) he is seen by, and (2) he can see - all others on the road.

However, as Ravi says its illegal and your life. Hold your comments on other people's abilities, though. Real bikers dont talk others down - they dont need to stoop to such levels.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:04   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
Riding without rear view mirrros is dangerous. That's the point I'm trying to make. If you wish to ride without them, two things - it's illegal, and it's your life.

I'd rather you stick to the topic being discussed rather than make remarks about me. You dont know who I am and I dont care who you are. But it is a public forum where personal remarks are not tolerated.
Well said, I think your statement should close this heated discussion. Its an individual's opinion to ride a bike with a RVM or not. After all its their life they are risking.

Lets all rest in peace
Old 23rd August 2007, 16:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey Katlyst,
I own a 1986 RD 350 , A 2003 Enticer and 1980 Bobby Rajoddot GTS..Next time let me know pal and ill bring my bikes
Old 23rd August 2007, 16:46   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hey Katlyst,
I own a 1986 RD 350 , A 2003 Enticer and 1980 Bobby Rajoddot GTS..Next time let me know pal and ill bring my bikes
All three bikes at the same time???
Old 23rd August 2007, 17:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hey Katlyst,
Hi hillram,

go to the Yahoo groups, and look for the Twin City Twins. thats your local hyd group.

katalyst wont be living in hyd anymore, so log in there to check up on activity.
Old 23rd August 2007, 17:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Katalyst..have a modded 2003 Lancer too with a Sport Exhaust,alloys,scoops and Evo Decals with absolute theatre style ICE..will share pics soon...also a Tata Sierra,Fiat Palio and an Opel Corsa complete my collection..Heard of Toro Jazz, a 50cc priginal from Moto Mineralli..Have this rare piece to in my collection
Old 27th August 2007, 12:56   #24

Location: Hyderabad(but present staying in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
Hi hillram,

go to the Yahoo groups, and look for the Twin City Twins. thats your local hyd group.

katalyst wont be living in hyd anymore, so log in there to check up on activity.
I can't find that group man............
Old 27th August 2007, 13:53   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE4U4EVER View Post
Here is the link for the yahoo groups :

twin_city_twins : the Hyderabad Yamaha RD350 Club.
Old 27th August 2007, 22:09   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE4U4EVER View Post
twin_city_twins : the Hyderabad Yamaha RD350 Club.
Old 27th August 2007, 22:40   #27
BHPian

katalyst good pics there, but do install the rearview mirrors in city as well. After all its not like they prevent you from riding your motorcycle properly or produce too much drag!
Old 28th August 2007, 22:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
That is a very irresponsible statement.

If people think riding without mirrors is being bold, they're mistaken. Its just a foolish misconception.

Ride with mirrors or dont ride. A biker is too small an object on the road in any case - its his reponsibility to see that (1) he is seen by, and (2) he can see - all others on the road.

However, as Ravi says its illegal and your life. Hold your comments on other people's abilities, though. Real bikers dont talk others down - they dont need to stoop to such levels.
If I may add to that, some of my friends remove their mirrors soon after buying the bike (P 180) and I could never convince them to put it back!!!

And they never wear a helmet and weave in and out of traffic at breakneck speeds!!

What a pity!! Hope good sense prevails sooner rather than later.

PS: Have almost never seen a bullet without mirrors (atleast the newer ones). Dunno what I can infer from that. Its always the Pulsars, the CBZs and the RXs which are without RVMs.

Also, guess that comes with more responsibility and by placing more $$$ on your life(and the others lives)

Last edited by Proxima : 28th August 2007 at 22:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks