Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2020, 10:29   #16
BHPian

re: An Italian Stallion conquers the mighty Khardung La

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Simply amazing! Thanks for making me and I'm sure a few others, especially on our forum, eat humble pie. There are a bunch of us who think MVs only make great show pieces and there is no fun in touring on a supersport. Also you all look like a bunch of fit guys and that makes a world of a difference, greater than the choice of bike in fact.
Oh lovely pictures btw.
Haha thank you so much! My motto in life is, if you never try, you'll never know! Yes, fitness is absolutely important. Especially in a crouched posture for extended periods of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Epic adventure Vishwas!

Nice to see the beautiful MV Agusta F3 being challenged to its limits in such terrains! Totally out of its elements!

Interesting rear tyre - Is that a Pirelli MT60?
Thank you so much! Absolutely and it didn't complain! But beyond North Pullu is not a great idea at all. Virtually impossible to ride to Panggong on the F3. Perhaps you can still do Nubra because roads are very good. But Hunder to Panggong is a nightmare. Especially enroute Chang La. The roads get worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
1. Wow! Seldom do I hear tales of those who successfully conquer such dodgy terrain on a supersport.

2. I envy your friends circle, mine would die of shock the moment I mention riding to the North or North East.

3. Hope to read more of your adventures!

Cheers,
A.P.
1. Time to change your friends! JK!

Yes, Zoji La, Chang La were by far the one of the worst roads I've encountered. It gets really frustrating especially the Italian bikes which keep getting heated up.

Perhaps we can ride soon! Hopefully I will be able to ride to Leh again this July. Fingers crossed. And another trip to Nagaland from Bangalore.
vishwasvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 14:07   #17
BHPian

Great travelogue, Vishwas. Such write-ups don't require a "worth reading" thought. Good pictures and write-up.

Just curious, are you the same Vishwas from Carsmith motors? Had seen a MV parked when I was there to get my polo repaired.

Thanks for sharing.
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 14:26   #18
BHPian

I am in awe and absolutely speechless. You took the brave decision to take your MV Agusta to Khardung La which I would've never dreamed about! I have always thought of these MVs as a showpiece to keep in your living room for you and your visitors to ogle at and not really a touring machine with the iffy reliability and other stuff. Great pictures and a wonderful write up!

I would've never though about taking my Continental GT 650 to Khardung La but now, you've given me a temptation to go to the mountains for a long ride after this Corona thing ends!
CarManMotorcycl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 14:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Just curious, are you the same Vishwas from Carsmith motors? Had seen a MV parked when I was there to get my polo repaired.

Thank you! Oh well I’m not allowed to reveal because apparently thats against the “rules”

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
I would've never though about taking my Continental GT 650 to Khardung La but now, you've given me a temptation to go to the mountains for a long ride after this Corona thing ends!
Ha thank you! Yes you must go ride your bike! The GT would be fairly easy to ride too!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 1st April 2020 at 14:49. Reason: Merged the two posts and trimmed the posts within quotes. Thanks.
vishwasvr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 15:40   #20
BHPian

Incredible travelog! I thought Harley 's doing Khardungla was astonishing and here you are on a MV! Leh Ladakh travelogues are always fun and interesting but yours is at just another level! Kudos on sharing such a amazing story, You truly were The MEN & THE MACHINE!
mh09ad5578 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 16:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Incredible travelog! I thought Harley 's doing Khardungla was astonishing and here you are on a MV! Leh Ladakh travelogues are always fun and interesting but yours is at just another level! Kudos on sharing such a amazing story, You truly were The MEN & THE MACHINE!
Thank you! TBH it is doable.

Unfortunately this isn't the first MV to reach Leh. A month before we rode, some lads from Chennai rode from Kanyakumari to Khardung La on an S1000RR, F4, Ninja 1000 and one other bike if I'm right. But on the bright side, it is the first F3 to ride to Leh hehe

They had a couple of back up cars and a half a dozen support team.

We were just 4 of us and our machines!
vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 20:48   #22
BHPian

Vishwas - this is truly one of a kind travelogue. Thanks for sharing. Riding F3 to Leh definitely requires heart of steel. Also very smart switch of bikes at the right time.

I am thinking even the designers at MV would not believe this feat till they see some real photos
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 22:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Less chaotic without the rhetoric. Reminds me of my 2015 saga, four of us, one again joining from Delhi. Great to see such machines conquer such harsh terrains, MV deserves a special golden cookie.

The return leg, mine had a dented fuel tank, we used GATI. You guys should thank your lucky stars with it just being license plates.

Enjoyed it.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 01:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Epic adventure Vishwas!

Nice to see the beautiful MV Agusta F3 being challenged to its limits in such terrains! Totally out of its elements!

Interesting rear tyre - Is that a Pirelli MT60?
Hey sorry I missed your question, yes it is. The tire held up well on Tarmac and on gravel. I clocked 220kmph for a very short stretch on the Agra-Delhi expressway. No issues.
Old 2nd April 2020, 01:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Vishwas - this is truly one of a kind travelogue. Thanks for sharing. Riding F3 to Leh definitely requires heart of steel. Also very smart switch of bikes at the right time.

I am thinking even the designers at MV would not believe this feat till they see some real photos
Thank you warrioraks! More like balls of titanium, but who am I to toot my own horn 😂

Yes, I knew the limitations of the bike post North Pullu so had to be a little wise and rent the Bullet!

Oh yes my MV group thinks I’m completely nuts to even do this on the F3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Less chaotic without the rhetoric. Reminds me of my 2015 saga, four of us, one again joining from Delhi. Great to see such machines conquer such harsh terrains, MV deserves a special golden cookie.

The return leg, mine had a dented fuel tank, we used GATI. You guys should thank your lucky stars with it just being license plates.

Enjoyed it.

Cheers!
VJ
Thank you VijayAnand1! Yes we truly were lucky. But TBH when I shipped my then Z800 from Assam to Bangalore after the solo ride, the “original” Agarwal fellows delivered the bike in decent shape. Not a single ding or scratch. Again, could be just my good luck.

Oh man that sucks. Again, I would have just made peace with it and moved on. One cannot blame the truck drivers or the fellows who the actually loading and unloading job. It is backbreaking work and I dont believe they would have empathy for a bike or car or anything.

Thank you!
Old 2nd April 2020, 08:37   #26
BHPian

Wow epic road trip! Deserves 5stars and the stunning photographs.
Kudos for penning down your experience, this really made my morning exciting.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 08:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Wow epic road trip! Deserves 5stars and the stunning photographs.
Kudos for penning down your experience, this really made my morning exciting.
Thank you arvindmanju for the kind words! Made my morning too!
Old 2nd April 2020, 08:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: An Italian Stallion conquers the mighty Khardung La

Fantastic road trip and beautiful photographs. Makes me reminisce my Ladakh solo trip on the Himalayan in 2016. Truly deserves kudos for doing it on a Supersport. Though I was thinking about it to repeat it again on a Ninja 1000, your thread really gives the confidence that it can be done. 5 star thread!

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 08:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Fantastic road trip and beautiful photographs. Makes me reminisce my Ladakh solo trip on the Himalayan in 2016. Truly deserves kudos for doing it on a Supersport. Though I was thinking about it to repeat it again on a Ninja 1000, your thread really gives the confidence that it can be done. 5 star thread!

Cheers...
Thank you dkaile! Yes of course the N1K can do it!
Old 4th April 2020, 08:11   #30
BHPian

Wow!, that surely was an epic road trip. Taking a supersports to Ladakh, now that is something one does not hear about frequently. Top that with a rare bike on our roads and it made for an interesting read.
It was good to see that you have a good set of like minded friends, who were also on bikes, not known for adventure touring. It just goes to show that what matters is the will to do something and a good set of buddies to share the desire to travel with you.
The pictures were also great. Thank you once again for sharing.

keep traveling and posting.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks