Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2020, 14:57   #166
BHPian

Re: 2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift

While I keep reading all of your posts, it gives me a deja vu feeling that I have read it somewhere else, where would that be?, ah yes, the RR310 owners group in Bangalore.

The gear shaft spring, alternator, battery and RSA were the same keywords with RR310 as well, if you think TVS showroom gets parts very swiftly from Hosur, you guys are wrong, I have seen some bikes standing at the SVC for more than a couple of months just cause "one" part did not arrive to deliver the bike.

Initial 1.5 - 2 years of ownership from bike launch was total chaos, it was like chicken running without a head, TBH I used to visit the SVC every alternate week for months together to check if the parts have arrived for my bike, such was the stress level. No amount of mails or escalations have resolved this parts availability issue.
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:36   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
They said first week of December. They haven't kept their word on previous two occassions, hence I am keeping my expectations low.
Any update on your bike's delivery Mogs ?

Even I had a word with SA and it seems that one has to apply for registration within 28 days so taking delivery by 7 - 8th Dec and then getting it registered in 2021 should not be an issue.
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:06   #168
Senior - BHPian

BMW G 310 R first ride review

Venkatesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:57   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Any update on your bike's delivery Mogs ?

Even I had a word with SA and it seems that one has to apply for registration within 28 days so taking delivery by 7 - 8th Dec and then getting it registered in 2021 should not be an issue.
Thanks nitinkbhaskar, that's my understanding as well. Registration can be done beyond 28 days as well, but some fine has to be paid to RTO, better avoided.

It's a bit hectic at work this week and frankly don't feel motivated to chase an unresponsive dealer. I had ordered many accessories and was eagerly following up on previous two promised dates. Many times, even whatsapp messages were replied in days. This time, I will conserve my time and energy and let the bike arrive whenever it does. Hopefully the bike ride will let me overcome this experience soon.
Old 7th December 2020, 11:10   #170
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
But the RC card will clearly mention the date of manufacturing as 2020 along with date of registration. So anyone with a keen eye can simply spot that. But i do get your point, you could call it a 2021 bike which may help a bit during resale.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 13:18   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Majority of the buyers are now aware of this manufactured and registered trick, so it usually won't help, specially in your target audience. You can hope to get lucky though. You will probably just end up paying extra for the TC number.
Old 8th December 2020, 23:17   #172
BHPian

I got an SMS and email from BMW Mottarad yesterday night confirming my booking and providing a facilitators name and number who would contact me for further updates. Incidentally, the CRM serial number in their SMS was mentioned as 1.

I waited till noon and couldn't resist calling the number. To my surprise, he had no clue about this. I forwarded the SMS I had received. He called his manager and updated me that the vehicle delivery would take 2 more weeks. I asked him to cancel my booking and refund my money as I was no longer interested in spending almost 4 lakhs of my hard earned money on a product from an unprofessional company.

He called me back again soon and said it was a mistake on his end. He had issues receiving SMS on his phone and there was another booking by someone else similar to my name. He said the vehicle is allotted to my name and will be delivered next week after they receive the lot this week.

I am lost for words and don't know whom to blame, BMW or Tusker.

I have started to doubt several things now:

Why did I get a booking confirmation after 2 months? Are they rolling out a new CRM now? In fact someone from BMW had called me a few weeks back thanking for showing interest in the bike. I had to inform them that I have already booked on day 1 and still awaiting delivery. BMW and dealers seem to be completely disconnected.

I saw 3-4 blue 310GS being offloaded in October when I went for full payment. Is delivery really happening on priority of booking? To be fair, they asked me to wait for making the payment, but I was too eager.

Since I already made full payment in September, is Tusker not interested in delivering the vehicle as they can park the funds with them?

So the wait continues. I parted ways with my 20 year old immaculate RX135 for this decision. Wish I could go back in time and revert things.
Mogs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 00:13   #173
BHPian

Quote:
So the wait continues. I parted ways with my 20 year old immaculate RX135 for this decision. Wish I could go back in time and revert things.
Sorry, payment was done towards October end..feels a long time back though!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th December 2020 at 04:11. Reason: Trimmed post quote.
Old 9th December 2020, 10:17   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Being in the same boat, I understand your situation.
Even I was promised 2nd week of November then 2nd week of December and finally end of December.

The saving grace is that the person I am in touch with does respond to my messages and tries to share whatever info I ask him. According to him, BMW didn't expect such high demand for Rally E and hence all the booking for this particular scheme are delayed. They did offer me 40 years of GS edition in November, to which I said no.

I believe since deliveries of majority of folks is getting delayed, then there must be a genuine problem of demand vs supply gap. All we can do is give them time and hope that the wait is worth it !!

BTW which accessories have you bought / planned and from where ?
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 14:17   #175
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience nitinkbhaskar, it helps.

Working in IT industry, you tend to expect the same professionalism, will have to moderate my expectations. Since I had booked immediately on the day of launch, I was expecting earlier delivery.

Frankly, there is no hurry for the bike. It's more due to anxiety, like showing a chocolate to a kid and taunting him. It will be good to get it atleast next week for some year-end ride.

There are very few accessories available for 310 GS and many are out of stock. Binged on accessories in anticipation of the bike.

I ordered a few from bandidios - Lower crash gaurd SS, long visor, Side stand base, Headlight grill, Rear wheel fender gaurd cover, front fender beak extension, rear tyre hugger, Engine gaurd.

Picked Raida rainpro cover, gearup footrest, radiator gaurd from Amazon. Amazon messed up delivery of upper crash gaurd SS, will have to wait for new stocks or get a custom one done.

Also got handle bar raiser from Sahyadri moto, Zana saddle stays, top rack, Givi Monolock E30RN from Bike N Biker.
Mogs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 14:44   #176
BHPian

Quote:
There are very few accessories available for 310 GS and many are out of stock. Binged on accessories in anticipation of the bike.
You call these few? That's a full catalogue of accessories! Try to forget about the bike till Christmas, may be Santa will get it delivered by then

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 15:24   #177
BHPian

This came up my feed recently.
IMO, the guy has really pushed the bike in terms of off-roading. However, I noticed that he is just using engine guards (no fairing guards) in such terrains.

Is engine guard good enough for bike's protection ? Does it save the fairing also in case of inevitable crash ?

nitinkbhaskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 10:57   #178
Senior - BHPian

BMW G 310 GS and KTM 390 Adventure comparison

Venkatesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 05:07   #179
BHPian

Some good news to share. My bike has arrived at the dealership and temporary registration has been completed.

They were ready to deliver Saturday evening but I was out of town. Eagerly looking forward for tomorrow.

Thank you for your wishes and for tolerating my cribs. No better place than this forum to share what one goes through with like-minded friends.
Mogs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 09:07   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Some good news to share. My bike has arrived at the dealership and temporary registration has been completed.

They were ready to deliver Saturday evening but I was out of town. Eagerly looking forward for tomorrow.

Thank you for your wishes and for tolerating my cribs. No better place than this forum to share what one goes through with like-minded friends.
Finally. That's great to hear.
Will hold my congratulations till you get the key and we see the pics

While you are there could you confirm 2 things - if the production issues are sorted and others are gonna get deliveries soon (basically when is the next lot of rallye are coming) and if the bikes are still being shipped with metzelers tyres?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks