Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2020, 11:14   #1
BANNED

Bajaj Discover range discontinued, removed from company website

Bajaj Discover range discontinued, removed from company website-bajaj.png
Quote:
Bajaj Auto has updated its India website, and listed all BS6 compliant models with their respective specifications. During the update, Bajaj Auto also removed several motorcycles that did not receive the BS6 upgrade, and among the list was the company’s premium commuter segment product range, the Discover. The Discover model range was also missing from the BS6 price list that we received from our dealer sources.

The company has already brought its Pulsar brand to the 125cc segment while the Platina and the CT range compete in the 100cc and the 110cc segment. The Platina series, CT range and the Pulsar 125 have been clocking promising sales. The Discover series, on the other hand, clocked zero sales in March this year.

The Pune-based two-wheeler brand may continue to sell the Discover series in the international markets.

Apart from the Discover series, Bajaj Auto has also removed the Avenger 220 Street from its India website. The Avenger range currently lists the Cruise 220 and the Street 160.
- Discover 100 and Discover 125 removed from the website.

- Both models did not get BS6 upgrade.

- Both, the Discover 100 and Discover 125 clocked zero sales in March 2020.

Source
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 11:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bajaj Discover range discontinued, removed from company website

Really sad to see this go out when old stalwarts from Hero are still doing duty in the showrooms!

This model(and brand) had the potential to soldier on for years to come. If only Bajaj had not screwed it up with a new iteration every six months! Today you purchase a Bajaj bike and when you take it for the first service, there's a fair chance that the model would be discontinued

Back in 2004, when Discover was launched, it sold like hot cakes. I remember that day clearly when I got to ride it for the first time! My father's friend owned the Bajaj dealership in our town and I had gone to service our Caliber (1st gen). Took my friend along and we were wandering around the workshop area to while away our time.

Suddenly we see these shiny blue new bikes being unloaded from the truck. Kept ogling at it for minutes until my uncle came along. Seeing our interest in the new bike, he gave us the keys to a new bike and asked us to take it around. Battery was not charged, kicked started and off we went. That free revving 125cc DTSi engine pulled like crazy. Such was a power that I managed to pull a wheelie unknowingly. Gave a chance to my friend too to have a go on the bike and he was all grin!

Fun fact:
The Discover wasn't officially launched till then and the dealers had started receiving stock pre-launch. I got to ride it back then!

I tried to reason with my father to exchange the Caliber and get the new Discover. Failed at it, though a year later, he got a Caliber 115 (Hoodibaba!!!).
My friend convinced his father and they got a first gen Discover. I still got to ride it once in a while.

I still remember those fun days with Discover!

Last edited by ashis89 : 24th April 2020 at 11:38.
ashis89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 13:51   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
If only Bajaj had not screwed it up with a new iteration every six months!
+1.

And all the engine variants. The original Discover 125 was an excellent motorcycle when launched, but then Bajaj diluted the formula with 100, 135 and 150cc iterations.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 16:02   #4
BHPian

Bajaj Discover family was manufactured in Bajaj Aurangabad plant. Entire plant was shutdown due to covid-19. They have started operations from today and my guess is 3 wheeler production has started only in one shift.
Ahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 18:19   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

That's news, especially if it's from Bajaj Auto. Their think tank could have also been thinking of introducing a Discover 150 (relaunch), 180 and 200 in the near future, had brand Discover stuck with it.

Lately, they were launching Pulsars with lower cc engines (135) in the Discover domain, so it would also make sense if Discover was launched in the Pulsar domain too (quid pro quo ).

So brand Discover is buried with the recent older Bajaj burials including the Byk, 4S, Champion, Boxer, Caliber, XCD 125/135, Prowler and some others that I could have missed.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks