Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2020, 09:52   #1
BANNED

BattRe Electric launches internet-connected scooter at Rs 64,990

BattRe Electric launches internet-connected scooter at Rs 64,990-battre-gpsie-electric-scooter.png

BattRE Electric Mobility on Friday announced the launch of its internet-connected electric scooter 'gps:ie,' priced at Rs 64,990 (ex-showroom). BattRE gps:ie scooter, which is a SIM card based smart vehicle and is accessible through a smart-phone app, will be available at more than 50 dealer locations across Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh as well on online marketplace Amazon, the company said in a release.

Besides, BattRE has also partnered with San Jose (California)-based tech company Aeris Communications. The e-scooter has features such as remote immobilisation, geofencing, secure parking, etc. Setting a speed lock would push alerts whenever the speed limit is crossed.

Quote:
"The rollout of our new offering, an affordable internet connected electric scooter will change the way people commute. This is the next level of tech revolution to be seen in the EV sector. Our objective is to build an entire ecosystem thereby ensuring that the consumer enjoys a complete e-mobility experience, " said Nishchal Chaudhary, Founder of BattRE Electric Mobility Ltd.

The EV industry grew at 20 per cent in the previous fiscal and with the positive sentiment of Indian EV and is witnessing strong demand in spite of the coronavirus pandemic, the company said.

"This telematics platform will be a game-changer for ride-sharing companies as well. The riders and owners will get the live location of the vehicle through GPS as well as driving behaviour and trip reports," Chaudhary added.

"We are happy to be part of BattRE's journey right from its inception and helping them launch right-sized and feature-rich connected two-wheelers for both B2B and B2C market segments," said Sameer Mahapatra, Country Sales Head- India and SAARC, Aeris Communications.
Source
wheelguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 19:05   #2
BHPian

Re: BattRe Electric launches internet-connected scooter at Rs 64,990

The news article mentioned that the range is 655KM. Not mentioned in the forum post. And from the company's website, for another product (Not the GPS IE), the range seems to be 65KM.
SuhairZain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 19:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

I don't think any lightweight scooter that fully charges in 2 hours will be doing 655kms anytime soon. I dug up the amazon page for this scooter (not posting links as I'm not sure if it is allowed) and as expected, the range is 65kms. I think someone missed a decimal point somewhere.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 20:03   #4
BHPian

Yea, its a typo, Teslas with the long range pack do less than 655kms at max charge.

For city commute to, 65 kms on a single charge might be good enough for a lot of people (if their claim is true). I am expecting it to run for 55-60 on a good day.
Still, pretty economical solution, no need to pay for petrol, may be able to charge it at work for free if you are cheeky enough. Less maintenance than their ICE counterparts.

And barring the review and any quality control issues, pretty compelling at ₹65k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks