Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 16:52   #31

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ola Electric acquires Netherlands based e-scooter firm Etergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
Is the person riding of large stature or is the scooter quite small on pillion space?

The scooter looks well put together though, and I like the fact that being electric isn't the only design style this scooter has got going on. Its high time manufacturers "normalize" electric vehicles with contemporary designs. Electric cars are on the right track, but scooters still have some distance to go in that area.

PS: I like how these "Spy" shots are clearly at a closed testing facility and tastefully captured pictures.
I somehow have a feeling that its Bhavish Aggarwal who is riding the scooter. So we should be in good hands if the Ola CEO is himself doing the testing

Great spy shots by the cameraman
Old 25th February 2021, 21:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Ola Electric Scooter Plant construction underway.

Quote:
Excited to share the phenomenal pace at which we're building the world’s largest scooter factory. 10mn manhours planned, phase 1 with 2mn scooters/year cap. ready this summer. Ola Electric we’re committed to accelerate world’s move to sustainable mobility : Bhavish Aggarwal

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 21:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
PS: I like how these "Spy" shots are clearly at a closed testing facility and tastefully captured pictures.
Lol! yeah! The woman behind him is probably also riding a non-camouflaged Etergo scooter and they specifically clicked this one.

That being said, the thing that makes me worry about electric scooters is the number of charge cycles. How many years would it take for it to completely deteriorate to need a replacement it charged daily?
Old 10th March 2021, 09:42   #34
BHPian

Today's article in "The Ken" is about Ola Electric. It is behind a paywall. Quote from their blurb mailer

Quote:
Conventional wisdom stipulates that to succeed in auto manufacturing, one needs patience, precision, direction, and constancy. Over the course of its half-decade-long existence, it could be argued that Ola Electric has displayed none of these traits.

It has frequently seen top-level exits—two of its three co-founders have left, one as recently as this week. It has tried its hand at various different businesses, changing tracks before any of these had a chance to really succeed. And it is in an almighty hurry to bring a product from the drawing board to the road, something that is anathema in the auto manufacturing space. Ola Electric's CEO, Bhavish Aggarwal, is also notorious for micro-managing, and prone to bouts of whimsy.

In short, Ola Electric is the antithesis of the average automotive manufacturer.

But is that necessarily a bad thing? After all, Ola Electric doesn't want to be the average anything. It has Tesla-sized ambitions. And Tesla never got anywhere by being "conventional". Then again, one could argue that Tesla is a one-in-a-million occurrence.

Can Ola Electric replicate Tesla's success?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks