Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2020, 17:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda selling unused 2-wheelers

Honda is offering customers the option to purchase unused 2-wheelers. Customers can register their interest on this website.

Honda selling unused 2-wheelers-bookunused_banner.jpg

The 2-wheelers that are being offered are likely to be old BS4 models that dealerships were unable to sell before the deadline. The last date for the registration of BS4 vehicles was March 31, 2020. These 2-wheelers are likely to be registered in the company's or dealer's name.

Honda hasn't provided the list of models that are currently available. The company hasn't released the prices, however the prices are expected to be lower than latest BS6 models.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 17:30   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda selling unused 2-wheelers

Wonder when similar post will come out for the BS-4 unsold car inventory. Surely there is some residual bit of lying around in dealer's yards. vRS seems to be one such. It is a wait game, after all.
Old 13th July 2020, 18:18   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a lurking danger though for potential buyers in view of the latest Supreme Court order of last week, in case these happen to be from the older stocks of the BS IV compliant two wheelers.

The Supreme Court based on a petition by FADA (they had claimed that inventories worth Rs 7000 crores were unsold due to he total lockdown in late March) had on 27.03.2020 relaxed norms and had allowed 10 % of such inventories of BS IV compliant vehicles to be sold in a short window after the lockdown restrictions were eased.

In a latest order of 08/07/2020 the Supreme Court has recalled it's earlier order of 27.03.2020 saying that "you have sold more than allowed. Do not take advantage of this Court by playing fraud."

Some excerpts from the news report:-

Quote:
The Supreme Court said no Bharat Stage-IV vehicles sold after March 31 should be registered and asked the government to verify whether dealers had overstepped a concession given to them due to the lockdown.
The Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) had earlier claimed in the court that the sector was stuck with Rs 7,000 crore of unsold BS-IV vehicles. While allowing the short window to sell such vehicles in a March 27 order, the court noted that the sector had lost out a few days of sales due to the sudden clamping of the lockdown on March 25.
As of March 31, registration of more than 225,000 such vehicles were pending with state transport authorities, per documents submitted in the court. The federation claimed that these were sold prior to March 31.
The court though demanded to know whether the companies had been selling BS-IV vehicles during the lockdown and through online sales.
“How were vehicles sold online at 30-40 per cent off? That too after March 31? What is this fraud? How have you sold during lockdown,” Justice Mishra asked.
Full news on this link:-

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...8.cms?from=mdr

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th July 2020 at 18:19.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 19:40   #4
BHPian

Is it possible that They can sell these as used cars after registering it in some name(may be one of their own used car dealerships) first?

Would that be even legal?
Old 13th July 2020, 19:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

I did click on the link and these are my observations:

1) You need to select specific models
2) You need to select a specific city and dealership.
3) Looks like more of a source to get my number and email id to spam later for sales.

It would be better if they made available the list of vehicles available at each dealer and we can choose to make our submissions based on that. Multiple vehicle choices should have been provided.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 19:54   #6
BHPian

I tried this too, it throws back to you to the form irrespective of which model/dealer you use.
To check, I even selected Navi/Clik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I did click on the link and these are my observations:

1) You need to select specific models
2) You need to select a specific city and dealership.
3) Looks like more of a source to get my number and email id to spam later for sales.

It would be better if they made available the list of vehicles available at each dealer and we can choose to make our submissions based on that. Multiple vehicle choices should have been provided.

Maddy
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 19:55   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Is it possible that They can sell these as used cars after registering it in some name(may be one of their own used car dealerships) first?

Would that be even legal?
If they were already registered, yes it can be sold as used vehicle.
Old 14th July 2020, 09:29   #8
KPR
BANNED

I've booked a Navi. Let's see if it goes through.
Old 14th July 2020, 12:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

I had a look at the website and nothing is clear. Looks like they are just collecting details of perspective buyers and dealership can give a call back. Wonder how effective it is

suppose i choose a dealer in my city and a bike and perhaps the model is available with all other dealers except this one

Off topic : Will CBR250 be a good deal ? now that we have Gixxer 250SF priced cheaper
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 13:48   #10
BHPian

I bought my Navi during BSIII - BSIV transition for 30k fresh. I read that the BSIV navi is sold for similar price, but as used bike (whatever they may claim, it is second hand).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I've booked a Navi. Let's see if it goes through.
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 13:50   #11
BHPian

I tried several combinations of dealers and bikes (finally including clik and Navi), but nothing went through yesterday.
Just thought of giving a try today and in the first attempt with first random dealer and CBR 250, it went through and I got a message that the dealer will call me back.

Bangalore will be under lockdown from tomorrow for a week and I am sure it will get extended further, so not sure which dealer is going to contact me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I had a look at the website and nothing is clear. Looks like they are just collecting details of perspective buyers and dealership can give a call back. Wonder how effective it is

suppose i choose a dealer in my city and a bike and perhaps the model is available with all other dealers except this one

Off topic : Will CBR250 be a good deal ? now that we have Gixxer 250SF priced cheaper
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 13:56   #12
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I bought my Navi during BSIII - BSIV transition for 30k fresh. I read that the BSIV navi is sold for similar price, but as used bike (whatever they may claim, it is second hand).
How's your Navi experience?
Old 14th July 2020, 14:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
How's your Navi experience?
Oh, I am enjoying it to the fullest. Its a boon in Bangalore and I use it for my daily office commute. Has done 22k in just 3+ years. Not even a single time it gave me trouble except for empty tank initially. Only if it had a slightly bigger fuel tank.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 14:09   #14
KPR
BANNED

Just now called the local dealer and enquired about unused sales. For vehicle models in their stock, Honda has asked dealers to give a discount of 10000 from the OTR price. There's no Navi stock but they had Cliq and CD110. So effectively a Navi should cost at around 47000-48000 here in TN as compared to original OTR price. Well even a new Navi doesn't deserve this price. So bye bye. There are better things that 48000 can buy.

Update: Dealer says he can give Navi new Yellow Colour with fuel gauge at 45K. I've said anything more than 40K for this is not worth. Is it a good price? Is it advisable to buy this one. Odo is zero as assured by dealer.

Last edited by KPR : 14th July 2020 at 14:33.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 15:09   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
There is a lurking danger though for potential buyers in view of the latest Supreme Court order of last week, in case these happen to be from the older stocks of the BS IV compliant two wheelers.
According to this website all these two wheelers offered by Honda for sale were registered prior to 31.03.2020 by the dealers in their respective locations. Hence, the SC guidelines are not flouted, nor is there any risk for buyers to buy these which are already registered in some entity's name viz. company or firm or person.

The pros are that the two wheeler is new, BS IV compliant and a huge discount is being offered. A discount of ₹ 15,000 on offer for the Navi for instance is attractive. The cons include the fact that the buyer is the second owner and has to mutate the two wheeler in his or her name. That fact that if it is later on sold, it goes to a third owner as there will already be two owners within a span of four months viz. March and July-Aug 2020. The sale is subject to availability of the particular model asked for.

The full newsitem :

https://www.rushlane.com/honda-to-se...-12367334.html

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th July 2020 at 15:12.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks