Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2020, 10:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

KTM offering free extended warranty up to 5 years & RSA

KTM is offering free 3 years extended warranty and 1 year roadside assistance on its range of motorcycles. As part of the offer, KTM customers also get a chance to win an iPhone 11 and KTM Merchandise every week. The offer is available to customers who book any KTM model before September 20, 2020.

KTM offering free extended warranty up to 5 years & RSA-20200729073135_ktmoffer.jpg

The standard warranty on KTM bikes is 2 years. The latest offer enables customers to have up to 5 years of warranty without having to spend a single penny. The roadside assistance package with countrywide coverage will be valid for 1 year from the date of purchase. The total cost of the package is Rs. 5,000, but is being offered free of cost to KTM buyers for a limited period.

Earlier this week, KTM had also announced finance offers for the 390 Adventure. These include EMIs starting at Rs. 6,999 for 80% on-road finance and a tenure of 5 years. Customers are also being offered up to 95% finance, reduced interest rates and flexible payment tenures.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 30th July 2020 at 13:18.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 11:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: KTM offering free extended warranty up to 5 years & RSA

Pretty sad that its available only for new customers. How stupid is that? They should extend this to all customers who are still within the factory warranty period and have reposted their trust and faith in this brand.
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 11:39   #3
BHPian

RSA is expensive at Rs. 5000 per year but it is country wide coverage unlike regular 100 kms criteria by RE etc.

Is there any Kms capping in the 5 year warranty? I couldn't find any information on internet.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 11:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Good move from KTM. In this Covid world, sitting back and expecting potential buyers to plonk down money for a new bike without any freebies or attractions is a recipe for disaster. Royal Enfield has been rolling out attractive offers since May / June so it is good that KTM have adjusted their game plan accordingly.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 15:31   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: KTM offering free extended warranty up to 5 years & RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Pretty sad that its available only for new customers. How stupid is that?
Wouldn't say it's stupid. This is an offer, similar to a discount. Instead of outright cash, they are giving an extended warranty instead. Whenever there is a price cut, existing owners don't benefit. Same with this too.

Works both ways. If the price goes up a day after you bought the bike, you don't have to pay the difference .
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 15:57   #6
Team-BHP Support

I agree, it is a sales promo and a good one. But for existing customers they should atleast provide extension of free service coupons, egs my bike has done 600 kms since first service through the lockdown and was due for service on Jul 18. Now it says the coupon is expired on the KTM app! I have raised a concern regarding the same.

Does it make sense to take it for service in such a short duration whereas the next service interval as per kilometer reading is 8000 kms?
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 16:00   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I agree, it is a sales promo and a good one. But for existing customers they should atleast provide extension of free service coupons, egs my bike has done 600 kms since first service through the lockdown and was due for service on Jul 18. Now it says the coupon is expired on the KTM app! I have raised a concern regarding the same.

Does it make sense to take it for service in such a short duration whereas the next service interval as per kilometer reading is 8000 kms?
They should provide the extended warranty at a cost to all existing owners. Nobody said we wanted it free.

I am sticking to the km reading. I am at 5000 kms on the odometer now. I will go only after 7500.

Last edited by Red Liner : 30th July 2020 at 16:01.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 16:06   #8
BHPian

Thats a nice offer I must say. I visited 2 KTM showrooms just 3 days back and they weren't offering me anything. If I had booked it would have been a very impulsive buy. I loved the bike. Good I dint book then, now they would have definitely made me haggle for it.

Time to call the Sales guy!!!!

Last edited by frewper : 30th July 2020 at 16:18.
Old 30th July 2020, 16:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
RSA is expensive at Rs. 5000 per year but it is country wide coverage unlike regular 100 kms criteria by RE etc.

Is there any Kms capping in the 5 year warranty? I couldn't find any information on internet.
No no. Its not just the RSA. Its the extended warranty that is expensive in this package.

I was quoted 850 bucks and 1200 bucks by two dealers for a year of RSA. Limit is 50 kms from the service station and 20 bucks per KM there after.

Honestly speaking, being in a situation on a bike trip where i needed help, RSA is a good thing to have.
Old 30th July 2020, 16:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely not. Suggest you skip it. Just go in at 8000. Cant say if they will reimburse your coupon. But we cant blame them for the lockdown either. Just call it bad luck.
frewper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 17:17   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
They should provide the extended warranty at a cost to all existing owners. Nobody said we wanted it free.
I think it is available, remember being offered at delivery and can be procured anytime before original warranty expires.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 19:04   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think it is available, remember being offered at delivery and can be procured anytime before original warranty expires.
No, if it was available am sure the dealership would have stuffed it down our throats like everything else. This is something new and even the dealership says they don't have much information at the moment.
Old 30th July 2020, 19:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is incredible! Forget about the cost of buying the extended warranty; If you pack on enough miles (nothing outlandish, like 10 - 15 K a year); you will possibly recover the cost of the entire bike in the 5 years

If I were in the market today for a sporty tourer; I would dart straight over to the KTM showroom and pick up the 390 ADV. This 5 year warranty is such a peace of mind

Coming from a KTM owner
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 20:00   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post
But we cant blame them for the lockdown either. Just call it bad luck.
TVS has extended all warranty and service dues which were to expire since March lockdown to July 31. Initially it was extended till June 30 but since the lockdown continued, they made an extension again. I completed my 2nd service with about 2 months delay with no problem what so ever. I think they dont loose anything by extending at least for the lockdown period.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:16   #15
BHPian

Extended warranty for 2-wheelers is more like a scam.
Most of the bikes have very short service intervals of 3 months or low kms. Even if you fail to service your bike once out of the service interval , your warranty and extended warranty is void.
My experience with yamaha R15 is they have intervals of 2.5 months / 2500 kms which means you have to service 5/6 times per year which amounts to atleast 7-8k per year which is nothing but pure strategy to milk money from the fanboys and customers.

I would suggest to stay away from Extended warranty for bikes at any cost. ��
SolidSnake is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks