Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:31   #16
BHPian

Re: KTM offering free extended warranty up to 5 years & RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wouldn't say it's stupid. This is an offer, similar to a discount. Instead of outright cash, they are giving an extended warranty instead. Whenever there is a price cut, existing owners don't benefit. Same with this too.

Works both ways. If the price goes up a day after you bought the bike, you don't have to pay the difference .
The price of 390 adv is already up by 5k , from when it was launched. I guess the early buyers of 390 adv can plonk this saved cash into the extra warranty , if the need be. In restrospect, anyone buying the adv now can crib about the 5k price increase and KTM can come back with "hey ,5 years warranty is included in the 5k price hike"
Neo18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 13:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
which is nothing but pure strategy to milk money from the fanboys and customers.
Reliability of a KTM is hardly comparable to a Yamaha. Sure I would skip extended warranty if I am buying a Yamaha but for a KTM? Never. Forums are flooded with complaints once their standard warranty period is over. Radiator fans, starter motor, leaking forks, engine rebuild at 20-25k kms, fuel pump, wiring harness, list is endless. KTM owners are partly to blame as well, seen really bad kept examples in service center and people arguing over part replacement. I own a KTM and after 3 years it is still as good as new but given a chance I would still prefer paid warranty for 2 more years, just for peace of mind.

R15 is a niggle free bike and I get the point you are trying to make by short service intervals but it is not the case with KTMs.
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 18:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Reliability of a KTM is hardly comparable to a Yamaha. Sure I would skip extended warranty if I am buying a Yamaha but for a KTM? Never. Forums are flooded with complaints once their standard warranty period is over. Radiator fans, starter motor, leaking forks, engine rebuild at 20-25k kms, fuel pump, wiring harness, list is endless. KTM owners are partly to blame as well, seen really bad kept examples in service center and people arguing over part replacement. I own a KTM and after 3 years it is still as good as new but given a chance I would still prefer paid warranty for 2 more years, just for peace of mind.

R15 is a niggle free bike and I get the point you are trying to make by short service intervals but it is not the case with KTMs.
Cant agree more, I have owned the first gen duke 200\390 for a good amount of time and I can safely say, one MUST go for the extended warranty if given a choice. There is an ocean of difference between reliability of a KTM compared to its Japanese rivals. That said, I must admit there are a lot of happy KTM riders as well. Quality of the newer iterations are much improved and they listen to the feedback, which is great.
Coming to the offer in this discussion, I personally feel this will pull a lot of buyers.
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 15:55   #19
RMN
BHPian

Good news! And KTMs sure need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Good move from KTM. In this Covid world, sitting back and expecting potential buyers to plonk down money for a new bike without any freebies or attractions is a recipe for disaster. Royal Enfield has been rolling out attractive offers since May / June so it is good that KTM have adjusted their game plan accordingly.
Also, what better time to sell extended warranties than now when vehicles would see their least run times . That's safe money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wouldn't say it's stupid. This is an offer, similar to a discount. Instead of outright cash, they are giving an extended warranty instead. Whenever there is a price cut, existing owners don't benefit. Same with this too.

Works both ways. If the price goes up a day after you bought the bike, you don't have to pay the difference .
Hmm, cant agree with that. This should have been offered to all customers within the warranty period. Especially considering that they never had an option for it. Its easy money for KTM too, I wonder why they are passing this opportunity.
RMN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 18:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo18 View Post
"hey ,5 years warranty is included in the 5k price hike"
5K is peanuts when you consider cost of engine rebuild, stator failure, fuel pump failure, Alloys bent / broken; and a whole lot more. None of what I have mentioned here is news to KTM owners
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 19:00   #21
BANNED

Can't we email the KTM India CEO to provide an extended warranty to existing owners whose bikes are still under warranty?

Does anyone know the email of the concerned person? Is it Amit Nandi(CEO)? But amitnandi[at]bajajauto.co.in is bouncing back!

Last edited by mithun : 28th August 2020 at 19:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks