Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2020, 10:55   #1
BHPian

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore

A fellow superbike rider and his buddies have started a dirt bike track called MotoFarm, off Kanakapura main road. Location is as follows:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/..._BIwF3oECBUQCA

Their website is:

https://motofarm.in/

A snippet from them

About Us:

MOTOFARM is a purpose built dirt racing circuit, offering guests a mix of motocross, enduro & flat tracking formats. The facility was conceptualised and designed with a single minded purpose to deliver a technically-challenging race circuit.

The circuit is super fast with wide long sweeping corners and also features tight, twisty, and banked sections. Huge jumps are also thrown in good measure, purely to encourage plenty of close, hard-charging action. The track is also awesome for banging bars with your buddies, honing your mx, enduro and flat tracking skills or just having some plain ol twist-the-throttle fun!! *

Don’t be surprised to see rider’s 40ft in the air, holding on with just one hand or a no hander showing off!

Safety :

At MOTOFARM, nothing is more important to us than the safety of our customers, which is why we have gone to such pains to set up a secure and safe environment suitable for beginners and experts alike. Of course, nobody can prevent an accident: this is, after all, motor sport. However, we can ensure that you are in the safest of hands in the event of an occasional fall or slip on the circuit. All our track marshals are hand-picked with diligence placing emphasis on motor sport injuries, they are fully trained in emergency resuscitation and first aid. Their experience is supplemented by an on-site paramedic and medics with full training.

Facility:

The Practice facility caters to riders of all levels by offering a motocross track that is both safe and challenging to novice as well as professional riders, The width and diversity of this track allows riders of all ages and skill to enjoy the track at their own pace. With its constantly changing terrain level, the practice facility is natural, smooth, and*demanding due to multitude of obstacles and also because of the soil’s*varying transition from hardpacked, to clay, to loose soil. Additionally, riders will also navigate a series of obstacles that include table top jumps, a rhythm section, single and double jump and a big finishing jump.

Dishank/Avinash/Yogesh on

Few of us bikers wanted to check it out so we booked a slot and had an amazing time getting mud in our faces!

We rented an Hero Xpulse for half a day for INR 3000 including fuel and riding gear. Track rent was INR 2500. They have bikes from 150cc-250cc. I opted for the 200cc Xpulse. Total cost was INR 5500 per person. My friends rode their own Xpulses so they paid INR 2500.

They have also started a training program, this is something which I am planning to take up soon.

They have prices as low as INR 999 for flat track riding and enduro riding together.

Of course, if you crash, you pay for the damages which I think is very fair. Man this machine is super fun and very easy to throw it around! I've done trail riding on it too (at another track, will share the experience in a different link) and I had a lot of fun!

Since it was my first time on a dirt track and ''dirt bike'' type of a bike, I wanted to take it easy. The first few laps were a bit daunting and the adrenaline kicked in and just made it even more daunting! But once I got the hang of it, it was amazing. I had a ball riding through slushy turns and the 12 feet jump was the cherry on top! I clocked around 10-12 laps before I wanted to take a break. Avinash who was monitoring us, said I was very consistent

The team consists of Dishank, Avinash, Yogesh (my understanding is that all 3 of them are partners) supported by a very friendly team (Kingston, Imran etc Sorry I don't recall the names of the rest of the team including the photographer who sadly missed clicking my jumps haha) The set up is not fully functional in terms of facilities etc, but they are on track (no pun intended) to finish it in a month or two.

Pros:

1. Great fun. Decent track specs for newbies, intermediate riders.
2. In the midst of mother nature, so very peaceful to relax post a ride.
3. Amazing team. They were very patient with rookies like me. Corrected me with a few basic techniques of dirt bike riding.
4. Reasonable costing in my opinion.

Cons:

1. Located quite a distance from the Kanakapura town center and accessibility is a bit of a challenge. But they are working on getting the signages ready so this should not be an issue once they are up and fully functional. It is approx 75 km from my house in HSR. So a good 2 hour ride through harrowing Kanakapura traffic.
2. Not many restaurant options near the track. The nearest restaurant is at least 10 km away. Civilisation is also a good 3 km or so away. So it's a very good idea to carry your own food, snacks, water etc. When we went, they were kind enough to offer us bananas. Ensure you have sufficient fuel for return journey as well. The nearest fuel station is approx 10 km away. Ensure both your tanks are loaded (tummy and your car/bike tanks!)

I thoroughly enjoyed the session and plan to take it up a little more seriously. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed tarmac track days I must admit.

At the end of the tiring session, I got a little adventurous about riding my MTS 1260s around the track so requested the team to let me try. They were kind enough to not charge me extra so I did a very slow baby lap and man it was mad fun! It was very hard riding the heavy MTS and barely managed to get back in one piece!
Attached Thumbnails
MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200727-13.49.24.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200727-13.53.23.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200825-10.28.01-1.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200825-10.28.01.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200825-10.28.02.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200825-10.28.03-1.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200825-10.28.03.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200825-10.47.35-1.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20200825-10.47.35.jpeg  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-01.png  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-02.png  

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-05.png  

Last edited by vishwasvr : 25th August 2020 at 10:59.
vishwasvr is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 12:11   #2
vcx
BHPian

re: MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore

Quote:

MOTOFARM is a purpose built dirt racing circuit, offering guests a mix of motocross, enduro & flat tracking formats. The facility was conceptualised and designed with a single minded purpose to deliver a technically-challenging race circuit.

The circuit is super fast with wide long sweeping corners and also features tight, twisty, and banked sections. Huge jumps are also thrown in good measure, purely to encourage plenty of close, hard-charging action. The track is also awesome for banging bars with your buddies, honing your mx, enduro and flat tracking skills or just having some plain ol twist-the-throttle fun!! *

Lucky guys in Blr, we in Hyd have good riding friends but lack such places to enhance skills/ get the younger ones to start up riding/dirt bikes. we rely on few farms of friends or chart some places, but as anyone knows its comes with its risks unlike in such places like "motofarm".

Last edited by GTO : 26th August 2020 at 11:21. Reason: Fixing quote
vcx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 03:49   #3
BHPian

re: MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore

Good that such things are coming up. If one wants off roading fun on a bike, can do so in a safe and organised manner with experts, even if he doesn't have a bike. With an option to choose a bike.
Good startup
Mynameis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 10:22   #4
BHPian

Re: MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore

Hi Vishwasvrm, superb write up. This looks exciting. How was the experience riding the Xpulse 200 cc ? And how does it hold up on the track?
ijeff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:27   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Damn, you Bangalore guys have all the fun. First, it was race tracks within driving distance, then the offroading track (Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore) & now this!

Please go out and have some fun. I love these kind of motorcycles & private tracks. Pics from Della Adventure. Although much, much smaller than Motofarm, we Mods still had a blast.

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-brxoct1wcfhledqxqelowizn1mp3cpwe0sldmmvkzxy.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-gtx6pzqtpfclkry6x5d87l4zrouwxvy8zog1bsgrye.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160229.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160234.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160242.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160269.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160385.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160397.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160404.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160405.jpg

MotoFarm: Dirt track with rental motorcycles for fun @ Bangalore-pc160411.jpg
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:08   #6
BHPian

This looks like awesome fun! That too in closed environment with safety precautions in place. Its decades I have ridden a two wheeler, but the pics are tempting enough for me to consider getting onto the saddle one more time.
I have added this to my post coronavirus todo list.
Bappa willing, it just might happen during Diwali vacations. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th August 2020 at 05:47. Reason: Please avoid racist comments
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:10   #7
BHPian

Wow!!!! This looks super fun!! Kudos to the team on putting this entire setup for enthusiasts . Definitely on the cards with my buddies once I'm back in Bangalore!! Reminds me of VR46 ranch
Shanky_1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 14:26   #8
BHPian

These off road events do look very exciting, especially in fearful Corona times. I can not get rid of that dancing Thar, off my head! Definitely on my list too.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th August 2020 at 08:37. Reason: Quoted post edited
Mynameis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 20:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Will they allow 4W AWDs as well? That would open up some very interesting possibilities.
v1p3r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 21:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Lucky guys in Blr, we in Hyd have good riding friends but lack such places to enhance skills/ get the younger ones to start up riding/dirt bikes. we rely on few farms of friends or chart some places, but as anyone knows its comes with its risks unlike in such places like "motofarm".
Perhaps MotoFarm can start ops in Hyd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
Good that such things are coming up. If one wants off roading fun on a bike, can do so in a safe and organised manner with experts, even if he doesn't have a bike. With an option to choose a bike.
Good startup
Yeah man! This pandemic has made people go mad! It was an amazing experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
Hi Vishwasvrm, superb write up. This looks exciting. How was the experience riding the Xpulse 200 cc ? And how does it hold up on the track?
Thanks bud! The Xpulse is really a lot of fun! I have never had so much fun on a small displacement motor in a long time! For my level of dirt track experience, it was more than enough. A little more experience on the track and I might feel like I want something more powerful for sure. Until then I'm happy with it! I am planning to pick one up maybe next year for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Damn, you Bangalore guys have all the fun. First, it was race tracks within driving distance, then the offroading track (Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore) & now this!

Please go out and have some fun. I love these kind of motorcycles & private tracks. Pics from Della Adventure. Although much, much smaller than Motofarm, we Mods still had a blast.
How nice! Size doesn't matter I guess as long as you're having a ball! Marque One is coming even closer! A day outing types. MMRT is a weekend sojourn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
This looks like awesome fun! That too in closed environment with safety precautions in place. Its decades I have ridden a two wheeler, but the pics are tempting enough for me to consider getting onto the saddle one more time.
I have added this to my post chinese virus todo list.
Bappa willing, it just might happen during Diwali vacations. Fingers crossed.
You must give it a shot! You'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_1002 View Post
Wow!!!! This looks super fun!! Kudos to the team on putting this entire setup for enthusiasts . Definitely on the cards with my buddies once I'm back in Bangalore!! Reminds me of VR46 ranch
Come back already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Will they allow 4W AWDs as well? That would open up some very interesting possibilities.
The owners have a 4x4 Gypsy they use to inspect the track etc. Perhaps you offroad buggers can team up and talk to them. I'm not sure if ''racing'' as such is possible because some sections are a bit tight for more than 2 cars. But who knows!

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th August 2020 at 08:38. Reason: Quoted post edited.
vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 21:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
The owners have a 4x4 Gypsy they use to inspect the track etc. Perhaps you offroad buggers can team up and talk to them. I'm not sure if ''racing'' as such is possible because some sections are a bit tight for more than 2 cars. But who knows!
Haha thanks but I'm very far from an off road bugger! I was thinking more along the lines of OEM designed AWDs that can tackle dirt at reasonable speeds.
v1p3r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 21:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Haha thanks but I'm very far from an off road bugger! I was thinking more along the lines of OEM designed AWDs that can tackle dirt at reasonable speeds.
Oh yes that's doable in my opinion. Some stretches are very very slushy, so getting stuck will be normal. Maybe in the summer when the water dries up, the track will be easier to drive around.
vishwasvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 23:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
Did you get a chance to click a picture of the owner’s 4x4 by any chance ?
Old 27th August 2020, 06:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
Did you get a chance to click a picture of the owner’s 4x4 by any chance ?
I think I have a few pictures. Let me see if I can find it.
Old 27th August 2020, 11:07   #15
BHPian

This looks like great fun!!! Already forwarded the link to my buddies. Cant wait to head out and have a day out here. Thanks a ton
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks