Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2020, 12:15   #1
BHPian

Kridn electric motorcycle launched @ 1.29 lakhs

One electric link has launched its electric motorcycle named KRIDN.

Initially it will be available in Hyderabad and Bangalore Link

Priced at 1.29 lakhs.

It claims its USP as the fastest electric motorcycle at 95 Kmph. With a 7.4 bhp (5.5 kw) peak power, it has torque of 160+ NM.
0 to 60 kmph is claimed at 6 seconds.

Range is 110 km in eco mode and 80km in normal mode.

It has a full sized tank as well. Wonder what it contains.

The look of the battery beneath the tank reminds me of the diesel 'bullet' motorcycle, which I sometimes still see being used by milkmen.

Pictures below are taken from their website.
Attached Thumbnails
Kridn electric motorcycle launched @ 1.29 lakhs-homepicoptimised.jpg  

Kridn electric motorcycle launched @ 1.29 lakhs-madeinindiabigoptimised.jpg  

fordday is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 12:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Kridn electric motorcycle launched @ 1.29 lakhs

Guess someone has to go over the 150KM practical range at just over 1 lakh for them to create interest among general public.

On the other hand, Motorcycles somehow have lost the design aspect when they go electric. They are not able to replace the looks with an IC engine. Scooters still look same with footboard being used for battery. Shouldn't the crank/gearbox area suffice for the battery area ?
Old 28th December 2020, 13:02   #3
BHPian

I had to fetch my glasses to look at the bike. A simple tip, don't shoot a black bike with a black background however much macho you want to project it to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
It claims its USP as the fastest electric motorcycle at 95 Kmph. With a 7.4 bhp (5.5 kw) peak power, it has torque of 160+ NM.
0 to 60 kmph is claimed at 6 seconds.
The torque value is suspect. Someone update me on how torque values are measured in a EV and a IC motorcycle. For a 7.4hp vehicle , i expected a torque value of around 9-10Nm at best.

Quote:
It has a full sized tank as well. Wonder what it contains.
Not sure about this one, but i have seen the control electronics box go inside the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
On the other hand, Motorcycles somehow have lost the design aspect when they go electric. They are not able to replace the looks with an IC engine. Scooters still look same with footboard being used for battery.
+1. EV bikes need a totally new design philosophy. Even this bike looks like some retro moded case when some one decided to convert their Bajaj CB100 into electric.

Quote:

Shouldn't the crank/gearbox area suffice for the battery area ?
I am not able to see it clearly but it looks like a motor + drive belt kind of drive ( Thank god) so in the space where the engine sat you need to place a motor , battery and a control box which explains the (oversized) black box.

PS KRIDN means Play in sanskrit it seems. Linguists can confirm. Why don't they just stick to alpha numeric.
srini1785 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 13:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post

The torque value is suspect. Someone update me on how torque values are measured in a EV and a IC motorcycle. For a 7.4hp vehicle , i expected a torque value of around 9-10Nm at best.

Not sure about this one, but i have seen the control electronics box go inside the tank.
I think that 160+NM is a misleading figure to attract views as they might have quoted torque at wheel instead of motor shaft (Crank if ICE).

Yes, tank area is mostly used for controllers and also to keep the design language similar to that of ICE vehicles.
saikarthik is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks