Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2021, 10:36   #1
BHPian

Rode a Ducati Multistrada 1260 S at Kari Motor Speedway

Back in 2019 when I first took up track session level 1-3 with California Superbike School at MMRT, I had taken my MV Agusta F3 800 which is a thoroughbred track machine. I had a blast with my bike and CSS is the creme de la creme when it comes to riding schools.

2 years later, thanks to post pandemic, I decided to go to Kari with RACR on January 30th and 31st, 2021 at Coimbatore.

I was in two minds whether to take the F3 or be a bit more adventurous and take the Multi. I didn't want to take the F3 because I didn't have track spec tyres, I am still running on the MT60 on the F3 from my Leh ride and it didn't make sense to me to ride the F3 on the track. So I decided to ride the Multi to Kari. A friend of mine and his friend, both rode their respective Kawasaki ZX-6Rs.

We left on Friday 29th morning around 8am from Bangalore and reached Coimbatore at 3pm. Stopped along the way and had a nice, lazy ride all the way.

Managed to get a decent hotel in downtown CBE, at Aloft. The stay was nothing worth mentioning.

We headed out to the track on Saturday morning 8am, finished up with the registration and prepped for our open session.

Overall, I had a blast on the Multi. I didn't think I could handle the bike, but I managed fairly well. The bike is really well balanced and the amount of torque that the "L-twin" generates is crazy!

Unfortunately am not an expert yet, so I couldn't do a knee down but Ami, one of the coaches said I was leaning really well and my body positions was spot on. Just that my lines were a bit off, which I knew myself because I was running incorrect tire pressures initially.

I experimented with different tire pressures and managed to find the sweet spot for my weight and I could lean much more and my lines were much better!

I had a great time on the Multi and I'm thoroughly happy with my machine!

Awaiting better leaning photos of me haha!

Compared to Kari, I felt MMRT has an advantage with a few things. Location: MMRT is bang on the highway, accomodation options are also on the highway, making it very convenient to commute to the track. MMRT is bigger and has a better infra compared to Kari which was very spartan. With tin sheets for roof and no fans, it was a sauna free of charge!

I don't think I want to go back to Kari any time soon. I think I will stick to MMRT until the track near Bangalore opens up.

Kari is located far away from the town, approx 15km one way which is a good 45 min ride. I found this rather inconvenient.
Attached Thumbnails
Rode a Ducati Multistrada 1260 S at Kari Motor Speedway-a0ea8626190c4f71aef461ef3ef873bf.jpg  

Rode a Ducati Multistrada 1260 S at Kari Motor Speedway-img_6716.jpg  

Rode a Ducati Multistrada 1260 S at Kari Motor Speedway-186916e83d01486cad28a35ae41ce261.jpg  

Last edited by vishwasvr : 4th February 2021 at 10:52.
vishwasvr is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 10:43   #2
BHPian

Re: Rode a Ducati Multistrada 1260 S at Kari Motor Speedway

Nice to see an ADV being thrashed around on a track, and the Multi would be the most obvious one to do it with!

Side note- you mentioned a track near Bangalore- do you have any more info about this? Where, timelines etc.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 18:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
Nice to see an ADV being thrashed around on a track, and the Multi would be the most obvious one to do it with!

Side note- you mentioned a track near Bangalore- do you have any more info about this? Where, timelines etc.
Haha yeah the Multi was amazing!

So Marque one is setting up a track about 100km away approx near Kia factory. I’ve been told that they will go live sometime this year.
vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 12:31   #4
BHPian

Update on Marque One track: Just spoke to the founder of Marque One who is an acquaintance, he says the track will be operational in a year or so.
vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 15:35   #5
BHPian

Hey Vishwas, didn't you take the Multi to a dirt track sometime back? Your 'Multi'strada is really living up to it's name!

Happy riding. Hope to ride together soon. Been a long time
Old 9th February 2021, 10:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Hey Vishwas, didn't you take the Multi to a dirt track sometime back? Your 'Multi'strada is really living up to it's name!

Happy riding. Hope to ride together soon. Been a long time
Hi Anshuman! Yes I did last year at MotoFarm, I barely crawled at the track haha

Yes it is indeed! I am planning to ride it to Leh, Rann of Kutch, North east and hopefully to Thailand within the next few years for sure!

Yes yes! Lets catch up soon!
vishwasvr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks