Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2021, 22:23   #16
BHPian

Re: My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review

FE Update:
Last fill on empty tank took little more than 7 litres which gave me almost 240km, and that comes to slightly greater than 34 kmpl. This is the best mileage I got in my scooter and my average speed will be like 60-70 kmph, this is my assumption based on the speeds I maintain on roads while driving.

Let me know what mileage fellow TBHP scooter users are getting on an average, I'm glad to know the information.
Old 28th May 2021, 02:17   #17
BHPian

A bit late to the party, but, anyway, nice review from your side Suresh Bhai!

Your Vespa is looking hot in red colour though I own it's sibling with same engine, i.e, Aprilia SR150, which will be completing 3 this July and did almost 15k Kms on the odo! During the purchase of my Aprilia, I had considered the Vespa as well but due to budget issues and price difference of around 20-25k between Vespa and Aprilia, I bought the Aprilia eventually!

Regarding mileage, I get around 33-35 Kmpl if driven well and in some instances, I got above 35 Kmpl as well, i.e, 37-38 Kmpl and got 40 Kmpl as well during initial days of its purchase and least mileage I got was 31-32 Kmpl if driven hard!

IMO, I feel 34 Kmpl is a good mileage considering your Vespa has run less than 10k Kms!
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 14:05   #18
BHPian

First Tyre Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
A bit late to the party, but, anyway, nice review from your side Suresh Bhai!

Your Vespa is looking hot in red colour though I own it's sibling with same engine, i.e, Aprilia SR150
Thank you for your kind words!

On one lazy morning, took out the bike, headed to supermarket and parked it, I believed so I parked but Scooter somehow fell off to the ground and got a minor damage. The rear brake level edge is cut off but ridable still. My heart gave a sad face to replace it at the earliest, so the next weekend headed to my regular service center "Premier Automobiles, Miyapur (https://goo.gl/maps/PzsKNefdTAEqQskr9) " (Earlier this was Aaaro Motors), got it replaced immediately. Now the service person looking at my bleakly tyres asked me "Saar, do you want to replace tyres, they are fully worn out". I'm happy he asked that question and I immediately said WHY NOT, please change if you have the stock. Reason I said the word stock is that until this time what ever I ask the only reply I get is "No stock saar!" but now (Premier Automobiles era) things got changed a little and it all went in a jiffy to replace the tyres. The Odo reading now is 9385.

I also took this oppurtunity to replace the headlight and trip meter switches as they became hard and almost non functional. They did it without a slight hesitation. I'm also happy as I didn't get the regular "No stock" reply from them

Some pics to cherish and a video of tyre upgrade, thank you!

Attached Thumbnails
My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7694.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7762.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-photo_20210911_135922.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-photo_20210911_135937.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-photo_20210911_135941.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-photo_20210911_135947.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-photo_20210911_135953.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-photo_20210911_135958.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7701.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7702.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7704.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7705.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7706.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7707.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7709.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7710.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7711.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7712.jpg  

My Vespa VXL 150 Glossy Red | Long-term ownership review-img_7719.jpg  

ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
It was in the year 2016 we in our family started to think of having a scooter for our family quick needs and small rides.
Hello there. How is your ownership of Vespa VXL 150 so far?

An uncle (70 yr old) of mine is contemplating on it or Honda Activa 125. Do you have any thoughts on this w.r.t the feedback that you have so far owning it in terms of stability, handling.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 23rd November 2022 at 11:32.
Old 27th November 2022, 08:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

An uncle (70 yr old) of mine is contemplating on it or Honda Activa 125. Do you have any thoughts on this w.r.t the feedback that you have so far owning it in terms of stability, handling.
I'm absolutely happy owning a Vespa, it doesn't age with time, still people get wondered when I say the vehicle is 6 years old

When it comes to comparison with Activa 125, power specs shows slightly higher in Vespa but that big engine with more weight (Vespa at 115kg & Activa 125 at 109kg) is almost similar to Activa 125.

::Ride & Handling::
I have driven both these bikes and felt the power is linear in Vespa compared to rush acceleration in Activa. Having said that, Vespa is agile, quick, fast & easy maneuverable in city traffic.

::Braking::
I felt Activa 125 has more bite but both of these scooters are unstable at high speed braking (>60 kmph) despite Vespa 150 having single channel ABS at front.

::Fuel Efficiency::
Vespa has an advantage of big fuel tank with 7.4L (Activa has 5.3L tank) but gives less mileage compared with Activa 125.

::Styling::
Vespa takes hands down with metal body and proper paint, Activa has platic body and ages fast.

::Comfort::
Vespa has more legroom space, me at 6'2" never hit my knees with handle at any point, very convenient luggage hook too.

Hope I gave you much more information for uncle to decide.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 13:23   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Hi
I am also an owner of 2016 Red Vespa VXL 150.
The scooter has very good stability. Even in windy conditions and riding over small potholes, you feel it to be stable. Even if there is a nervous pillion who may shift weight around, it does not wobble. Slow traffic as well as on faster speeds (I ride maximum upto 50 to 70 km/h speeds only) it remains stable. No worries.

My other question (for all Vespa owners) is -
Is it possible to get ABS fitted onto my 2016 model scooter? It is old model that doesn’t have ABS. Does the service center do it? Or any other possibility?

Thanks

Most Viewed