Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 21:39   #16
BHPian

Re: KTM dealer takes full payment for 4 Duke 790 BS4 bikes, but isn't registering them

Sharing the timeline of events
  1. 9 March 2020 - I paid 1 lakh and the dealer promised that we will deliver it in a week's time.
  2. 23 March 2020 - Did full payment as Dealer said he needed to complete all paperwork.
  3. 28 March 2020 - Dealer did invoicing and online registration payment on 28. It was totally Dealer's level fault to react very slow.
  4. Lockdown - Did multiple follow up with dealer and Bajaj ASM (Ashish Mahajan) and both confirmed that the bike will be registered as they have completed all paperwork before the deadline.
  5. 24 November 2020 - Post Supreme court judgement it was cleared that our case has no chance. But Dealer and Even Sumeet Narang (President, Bajaj) never accepted and said that they are still trying to get it registered.
  6. 16 February 2021 - Govt. of NCT of Delhi Transport Department released an order for all Delhi MLO (shared in first post)
  7. 24 February 2021 - No update from Dealer and Bajaj. And now we are planning to go legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Scenario 3 : (Only speculating here) Whether the dealership had the option to cancel the invoice and the entry in vahan at any point and declare the BS4 stock as unsold inventory to the company. After all some of the companies did support their dealers with unsold inventories of BS4 vehicles.

Either ways, the dealership shouldn't be allowed to go scot-free and legal could be the only way to fight this out!
Dealer has the option to cancel the invoice and can get full refund from RTO (same has been confirmed by Dealer and MLO). But they want to still try it instead of going to OEM for support.
sudhi_des is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:55   #17
BHPian

Re: KTM dealer takes full payment for 4 Duke 790 BS4 bikes, but isn't registering them

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
Dealer has the option to cancel the invoice and can get full refund from RTO (same has been confirmed by Dealer and MLO). But they want to still try it instead of going to OEM for support.
Correct me if I am wrong, If the dealer requests and gets refund of the Road tax he will also be bound to cancel your booking and return the complete money. Isn't it?

If yes. Now, why would he do that? Its in his interest to drag this on till you give up. Unless the court rules in your favor of complete refund, which I feel is a distant possibility.

I firmly believe that our chaltha hai attitude is to blame here. Not blaming the OP individually but generally we expect that govt policy changes will not be implemented on time. We expect from day one that the deadline will be revised and procrastinate until it becomes absolutely necessary and then moan how govt lacks the basic implementation capability.

I was visiting India in Feb '20 and was surprised to see few of my friends had not got their FASTags yet. When I enquired, they gave examples of how the system is not fool proof and people have lost money.
mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 17:22   #18
BHPian

Source.

An updated ruling from the Supreme Court allowing registration of vehicles whose data was uploaded to the e-Vahan portal before 31/3/2020. Immediately remembered this thread and the gents who paid for these bikes when I read the above news article. Hope things work out for them.
anivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 11:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Javed Basheer has sent in this update.

Quote:
Hi Team-BHP,

Firstly thanks for your support on this issue - Just wanted to report that we finally got our bikes delivered on 20 December 2021.

Bajaj-KTM India, Dealer KTM Dwarka and we 4 customers have put in a petition in Supreme Court in the month of April 2021 requesting to allow our bikes to be registered as the RTO tax challan and uploading of vehicle data was completed well before the cut-off date of 31 March 2020.

Ideally, Supreme Court should have allowed this to be registered back in 2020 itself but sadly the justice system in our country sucks when it comes to efficiency in terms of timely decisions.

Post this, it took 15 months for SC to deliver the correct verdict. In total, we waited for 21 months which was a painful experience

At the end of the day, we asked Bajaj-KTM for the following as compensation for all the damage we have gone through as the full amount of Rs 7 lakhs in advance back in Mar 2020 and even if we take 5% modest interest for 12 months it works out to Rs 35,000 (Thirty-Five Thousand)
  1. Extended 2 years of warranty which was given after a couple of back and forth as the Sales team (Ashish Mahajna) issued warranty from date of Sale i.e 28 March 2020 instead of 20 December 2021. The local Delhi team Ravi Rajput (dealer at KTM Dwarka) Varun Chopra ( Service head) did not anything to sort this out despite multiple follow up. I had to dial in Prashanth Pingle (All India Service head) who finally managed to get this sorted after 2 weeks of constant follow up
  2. We have for a new set of tyres as the stock once were from 2018 - Bajaj KTM refused this, so we ended up getting 2018 manufactured tyres on 2019 bike which has been delivered in 2022 so essentially we've got 4-year-old tyre which will last for 1 to 1.5 yrs as it will meet its end of life by 2023 as by then it will 5 yrs old and tyres needs to be changed after 5 yrs especially of high-performance speed machine like Duke 790 ( Also thanks to our great central govt banning the import of tyres what use to cost 25K for pair now cost 40K plus for brands like Michelin Road 5, Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 or Metzeler M5/M7) the only cheaper option available is Apollo Vredestein tyres - Ideally KTM India should have replaced this but the did not so we are not too happy about this
  3. Stock battery was dead and this was bound to happen as the bikes were just standing at the showroom for more than 24 months, even here KTM India cut corner and did cost-cutting - Instead of giving users a brand new higher CCA battery which cost around 10K they gave use Exide XLTZ-9 which is stock batter for 390 series which only cost Rs 2000 - this shows how cheap the dealer and KTM India is
  4. Orange Assist Brake down cover for one year which only covers 50 km radius which makes no sense at all since the majority of the time these bikes will be on the highway which means it will be beyond the 50 Kms radius
  5. Free Labor for service done in 1 year period which works out to a couple of thousands so at the most it will be 5000 Rupees

So, all in all, they would have offered total compensation as follows:
  1. Exide XLTZ-9 battery - Rs 2000
  2. Orange Assist for one year - Rs 1000
  3. Extended Warranty for 2 years - Rs 2000
  4. Free Labor for one year - Rs 5000
  5. Oil change at PDI - Rs 3000

So the total comes to just a mere Rs 13,000 against the interest of Rs 35,000 that I quoted earlier for 12 months alone.

This is by far the last KTM product I will ever buy from KTM India thanks to the level of service and attention to detail in customer experience which I am sorry to say is pathetic (this is still an understatement).

Finally, sharing some pics of the KTM twins here!
KTM dealer takes full payment for 4 Duke 790 BS4 bikes, but isn't registering them-ktmtwins1.jpg

KTM dealer takes full payment for 4 Duke 790 BS4 bikes, but isn't registering them-ktmtwins2.jpg

KTM dealer takes full payment for 4 Duke 790 BS4 bikes, but isn't registering them-ktmtwins3.jpg

KTM dealer takes full payment for 4 Duke 790 BS4 bikes, but isn't registering them-ktmtwins4.jpg

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th March 2022 at 21:13. Reason: Edited personal details
RahulNagaraj is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 20:48   #20
BHPian

I am glad the ordeal has finally ended. I hope you enjoy your motorcycle now without reminiscing of what had happened in the past. Loved the picture of the D790 and the D390 side by side.
rahul4321 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 21:24   #21
BHPian

Good to know the bikes are finally in the customers hands. Hope at least now they can enjoy their machines in peace.

I will never ever understand what kind of attitude these million/billion dollar companies live by. I’m sure any other company operating in India would have behaved in a similar manner. These same company executives will splurge resources for travel and hotel stays and whatnot. But boy, when it comes to helping an aggrieved customer, suddenly the balance sheets turn red, the government and IT cell are after them, inflation is high, the weather is not right and the stars aren’t aligned. Simply pathetic.
TROOPER is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 23:37   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Javed Basheer, at least you have your precious motorcycles with you. Congratulations and I hope that you and your 3 friends, enjoy the Duke 790s to the fullest. Dont let Bajaj's shameful behaviour sour your experience of big bike ownership. The Duke 790 is a hooligan and you guys have a lot of lost riding to catch up on.

In the larger scheme of things, I think Bajaj's abysmal approach to resolving the registration issues, shows just how little they think of the big bike market in India. Their first lot of Duke 790s did not fly off the shelves. Im sure that made them switch off completely. On another thread, I had posted this.
Quote:
I dont see Bajaj KTM bringing either the 790 or the 890 to India.
Seeing how Bajaj took zero effort to support Javed Basheer and his friends, further cements my belief that Bajaj will not bring any more big bikes in India.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks