Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2021, 23:12   #1
BHPian

Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?

Greetings!
I don't know if I should post this in the motorbikes category or the Technical/DIY category for cars?
I was installing a new handlebar on my RE Himalayan today. Like an idiot I did not take photographs of the parts before taking them apart.
While reassembling the Right Switch Module on the Himalayan, I found this small part (pic attached) in the tray that had all the parts from the right switch module. I do remember keeping it in the tray and had some mental note about where it went. Sadly I don't remember it at all.
I tried figuring it out on the internet, but to no avail!
I would really appreciate if someone can help me in this regard.
Thank you very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?-img_7980.jpg  

Old 28th April 2021, 23:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?

This reminds me of a story me and my dad always say when we dismantle something complicated. It's about the time when I dismantled and reassembled a tape recorder only to be left with a bunch of parts I had no idea where it went.

On a serious note, looks like some kind of a lock.
dhanushs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 23:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

My bike is in Hyderabad and I am in Chennai, so can't just go and check. But the hole appears to be something that would have a bolt go thru it.

The hook looks like it hold something in place.
So I would suggest looking for a bolt that is the size of the diameter of this hole and then proceed in the investigation.

Take a look at exactly 6:21 in this very well made video:

Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?-clipboard01.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 29th April 2021 at 00:00.
bblost is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 23:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
I would really appreciate if someone can help me in this regard.
This holds the Accelerator cable
Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?-capt.jpg

EDIT:
adding the YouTube link

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 28th April 2021 at 23:58.
Mr.Boss is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 11:14   #5
BHPian

I would never have attempted to do it myself if it was not for covid. I have zero mechanical acumen to boot! But, learnt a lot while doing it. I can absolutely relate to your 'radio' experience. Thanks for the kind reply.
This one was for you dhanushs. Sorry I should have quoted the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
My bike is in Hyderabad and I am in Chennai, so can't just go and check. But the hole appears to be something that would have a bolt go thru it.

The hook looks like it hold something in place.
So I would suggest looking for a bolt that is the size of the diameter of this hole and then proceed in the investigation.

Take a look at exactly 6:21 in this very well made video:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=VkRE3Z78yUg

Attachment 2150109
Thank you very much. This was really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
This holds the Accelerator cable
Attachment 2150108

EDIT:
adding the YouTube link
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=NywsPm0WJwM
Thank you very much. Team BHP never fails me. You guys are awesome! I fixed the module thanks to you guys.

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th April 2021 at 11:30. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Janjua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 18:16   #6
BHPian

Re: Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?

I fixed the switch module thanks to you guys. Team BHP rocks!
Thank you once again Team BHP Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?-c1532fe2f94e4545a81f04ef77136c94.jpeg

Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?-70be8b664a474420a24827fa795253f8.jpeg

Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?-56aae867ced5408c8a2cb6d83629a2b3.jpeg

Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?-533c0cbe8bf84b4886661533c4bc9501.jpeg

Installing new handlebar, where would this part go?-4fde69aad7da4d589d82675d6196837f.jpeg
Janjua is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 18:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
I fixed the switch module thanks to you guys. Team BHP rocks!
@Janjua, can you explain why you switched from the standard to the AOM handlebar? Could you also share measurements on width and height?

I was briefly interested because I wanted a wider and taller handlebar but decided to just go with a riser for now. I am anyway going to check it out some time regardless.
Old 30th April 2021, 14:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
@Janjua, can you explain why you switched from the standard to the AOM handlebar? Could you also share measurements on width and height?
I wanted a more upright sitting position while riding. I did not have any major issues with the original RE handlebar, but on a couple of long rides, I did feel that my neck and shoulders could use a more upright posture.
I have not saddled much, but from what I have seen and heard, the AOM handlebar is way more ergonomic and conducive to saddling. But then, your handlebar risers would do the same to your OEM RE handlebar!
The one major difference about the AOM handlebar is that one can adjust it to ones liking. That's not possible to do with the original handlebar.
Also mounting a mobile charger, etc is easy to do on the AOM handlebar.
It's just been a couple of days since I have been using the new handlebar and its just been city riding and frankly I have not really appreciated any major change. Maybe once I do a long ride, I will be able to tell more.
As far as the measurements are concerned, I am sorry I did not measure the specs before installing. But I will measure it soon and let you know. I tried looking up the specs on the AOM website and the internet, but couldn't find anything.
Hope I have answered a part of your question? Thank you for taking time out to read my post.

Last edited by Janjua : 30th April 2021 at 14:39.
Janjua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 23:40   #9

[quote=Janjua;5053478]I would never have attempted to do it myself if it was not for covid.

Maybe this is a start to wrenching on your own motorcycle more! I don't trust most mechanics after I started working on my motorcycles myself. It really brings you closer to the bike and I've found it to have slightly improved my riding as well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks