Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2021, 16:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Brembo brake caliper concept features customisable LEDs

Brembo has unveiled a new brake caliper concept for motorbikes called the 'New G Sessanta'. The concept comes as part of the brand's 60th anniversary celebrations.

New Brembo brake caliper concept features customisable LEDs-brembobrakecaliperwithled-1.png

The new concept from Brembo features LED lights integrated on the body of the brake caliper. Brembo states that the LED lights on the brake caliper, can be used for multiple applications. This could range from enhancing the aesthetics of the bike to functioning as a direct visual communication to the user. The LEDs can also be used as a 'courtesy light', allowing users to locate the bike at night or in a dark environment.

The LEDs on the brake caliper concept are customisable. Users can control the colour and brightness of the LEDs through a smartphone app; setting it to their tastes and preferences.

New Brembo brake caliper concept features customisable LEDs-brembobrakecaliperwithled-2.png

Being a part of the brand's 60th-anniversary celebrations, the concept has been inspired by Brembo's first-ever brake caliper from 1972 and the name of its designer. The company states that the G Sessanta concept also previews the brand's vision for its brake calipers in the future.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 6th May 2021 at 16:51.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 17:51   #2
BHPian

Re: New Brembo brake caliper concept features customisable LEDs

Are they Chinese?
Don’t understand a LED for a brake callipers. I would appreciate an improvement in performance, durability and some simplification in the mechanics given that they are in the industry for 60 years. One thing I appreciate is they didn’t go overboard on the app and added a touch feature to apply brakes.
saisree is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 19:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

This seems to be more of a gimmick. A true innovation is something that addresses a long-standing issue or something that is out of the box. I don't see how tacking on LEDs to a calliper is innovative in any possible way.

Secondly, these might also turn out to be more of a distraction than anything else for the rider. There are already enough telltale lights on a bike for this one to exist.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 09:38   #4
BHPian

Is this real!?

LED lights on brake calipers?

This seems like a situation where the marketing team has come up with a gimmick. I am sure these will cost a premium over similarly specced regular calipers.

I have seen Honda Goldwings in Muscat with lights and LED everywhere possible. Look very comical. This would fit right in on those bikes.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:54   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Going by the video is more than just a fancy LED stuff.

Assuming it would warn against any malfunction or pad wear (Safety)
New Brembo brake caliper concept features customisable LEDs-status.jpg

Lock the calipers when parked (Security)
New Brembo brake caliper concept features customisable LEDs-lock.jpg

Bike locator (Convenience)
New Brembo brake caliper concept features customisable LEDs-find.jpg

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 7th May 2021 at 11:55.
Mr.Boss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 21:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm trying to come up with a reason for wanting to put these on my Royal Enfield.

So far the only thing I can come up with is the "courtesy light" might be useful if I needed to put some air into my front tyre while I was out in the countryside away from any lights on a dark night.

After 57 years of riding I cant remember a single time I needed to put air into my tyre while I was out in the countryside on a dark night so I'm giving this great idea a big thumbs down. Maybe I'll use the money I save to buy some rear view mirrors that show what is behind me instead of what the front part of my shoulders look like.
ArizonaJim is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 11:31   #7
BHPian

well, in our dusty country, this will mandate a wash nearly every time one takes his ride out for a ride!
lemedico is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 20:47   #8
BHPian

Great to have features like locking it via an app and warning lights for caliper status.
LEDs look okay but if there's an option of turning them off, i see no reason not to go for them if it's compatible with the bike i own!
abhi7013 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 20:49   #9

This is not something we expect from Brembo to say the least. It looks like they went for some Chinese trade show and got inspired.
Old 10th May 2021, 21:04   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
well, in our dusty country, this will mandate a wash nearly every time one takes his ride out for a ride!
Not just our dusty environment,
Brake calipers always gather brake-dust!

Exposed calipers looked nice because they were functional, I would rather have an additional piston in my caliper than LEDs on it.

I would avoid these calipers at all costs. I haven't developed the taste for multi-color LEDs strewn all over my automobile.
AdityaRai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 14:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Can't even imagine Brembo has gone to provide lights on a part that's critical as a braking unit, that goes through enormous heat, dust and that's a tough life out there. Not to diss their creativity though, but what can be done making products more available at a comparatively accessible price-point that in books is a win-win.

I for one love the performance Brembos have on offer, but these are just for showbies that love the extra bling here and there. Purists, I feel, would stay away from this. Nonetheless, even the big marques fall for fancy LEDs, in a way.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 12th May 2021, 06:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

This seems something straight out of CHINA.
Old 12th May 2021, 09:52   #13
BHPian

The Brembo G Sessanta prototype concept with its connected tech capability aims to offer potential groundbreaking connectivity features apart from its smartphone app connectivity. Brembo hasn't disclosed much on the specs so the actual capabilities of the G Sessanta remains to be seen once it reaches the market and for now we can only speculate its abilities.
  • Brake performance could be modulated according to ride mode selected.
  • It is GPS connected, the Brembo G Sessanta can act as tracker for your motorcycle.
  • Ability to lock the wheel in place, so the caliper can act as a security device.
  • Ability to monitor tyre pressure
  • Can operate as flashers when the hazard warning lights are activated.
  • The LEDs can also light up the wheel if you’re needing to do maintenance stuff in the dark.
  • Can send telemetry data on the caliper and brake function to the instruments, warning of issues.
  • The system can help to locate the vehicle if you lose it in a bike park.

source
Old 12th May 2021, 10:40   #14
BHPian

'Just because you can, doesn't mean you should'

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks