Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2021, 15:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

2.37 lakh Royal Enfields recalled over ignition coil issue

Royal Enfield has recalled 2,36,966 units of the Meteor, Classic and Bullet models due to a defect in the ignition coil. According to the company, the defect could cause the engine to misfire or in rare cases a short circuit.

2.37 lakh Royal Enfields recalled over ignition coil issue-royalenfieldmeteor350supernova.jpg

Meteor bikes manufactured between December 2020 and April 2021, along with the Classic and Bullet models built between January and April 2021 are affected by this recall.

The company will carry out an inspection of the bikes and if required, replace the defective part. It is said that less than 10% of the recalled units will actually require a part replacement. The company will be reaching out to customers whose bikes have been affected by this recall.

Royal Enfield Meteor, Classic and Bullet models sold in Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia are also affected by this issue.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 00:11   #2
BANNED

Re: 2.37 lakh Royal Enfields recalled over ignition coil issue

If you have doubts about your RE being from the recalled batch then do confirm he same using the below link;

Royal Enfield Recall Status

No prizes for guessing what my status is.

2.37 lakh Royal Enfields recalled over ignition coil issue-screenshot_2021052000091378.jpg

Anyways that's one mystery solved!

2.37 lakh Royal Enfields recalled over ignition coil issue-img_20210518_175024.jpg

Only time would unfold what other adventures await me.

P.S. Irrespective of warranty status you can claim replacement for the recalled components if found faulty, my bikes already out if warranty hence had confirmed the same just to be certain.

P.P.S. If issue is isolated to the IC and you like myself don't want to let the ASC fiddle with your Motorcycle then a new IC costs roughly about ~500/-.

Regards,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 20th May 2021 at 00:21.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 04:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Only time would unfold what other adventures await me.
Thanks for the link. I guess, you are not alone in adventures .
Per the link my chassis # is fine, However, I do see engine misfiring at times especially in cold start. Anyway, First service is due and I will check it out.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 20th May 2021 at 05:03.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 16:07   #4
BHPian

Even mine is part of the recall batch. Since it is lockdown, i guess we will have to wait till the service centre opens up for the recall and rectification process to begin.. RE calls it a minor defect resulting in misfiring, reduced vehicle performance or short circuit. Hopefully, they have identified the fix.
Old 22nd May 2021, 14:10   #5
BHPian

I got a call from RE. They informed me that the recall/assessment/rectification will happen after the lockdown and subsequently they will call up again to fix appointment slots.

I was also told that not all the bikes that are part of the recall batch is affected. So they will assess the bike first and in case the issue exists they will do the needful. Supposedly the assessment will take only 10 mins and about an hour to fix it if the said issue exists.
Old 22nd May 2021, 15:08   #6
BANNED

Hey Guys, here's the test to know if your Motorcycle is part of the recall.

1. Check your HT Cable's outer sheaths Finish, if it's Gloss your motorcycle is not part of the recall, if it's Matte then you need to inspect further.

*Note: If inconclusive like in my case then straight away go to the next check.

2.37 lakh Royal Enfields recalled over ignition coil issue-img20210522141511.jpg

2. Check Resistance of above said sheath with your Multimeter in 2M setting, if you don't have continuity then all is well, if you have continuity(Any value other than 1) then the said part needs to be replaced under recall.

2.37 lakh Royal Enfields recalled over ignition coil issue-img20210522141551.jpg

P.S. My multimeter isn't set to 2M setting.

Hope that helps.

Stay Home, Stay Safe.
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 22nd May 2021 at 15:23.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks