Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:10   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda has filed a patent for the CRF300L in India

Really?!

Honda has filed a patent for the CRF300L in India-crfzigthumb_720x540.jpg

Quote:
Honda has filed a patent for the CRF300L dual-purpose motorcycle in India. The application was filed in April 2020 and has been journalled recently, in April this year. The Honda CRF250L couldn’t comply with Euro 5 norms, so Honda introduced the Euro 5 / BS6-compliant CRF300L as its successor in December 2020.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...n-india/42253/

Take my money!

Thanks to KU69RD for sharing this article with me!
Red Liner is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 00:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda has filed a patent for the CRF300L in India

Damn, that's one small step for Honda, one giant leap for the trail kind. I mean, Honda always wakes up late, brings something reasonably interesting, messes with the price factor and silently claws back, just like nothing has happened. This is a great motorcycle and is a much needed one going by the current scenes in India. Price it right and with the same underpinnings of a motor as the legendary CBR 250R this little tracker should be mod friendly, oodles of fun, topped with less weight and reliability.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 04:18   #3
BHPian

I have been waiting for this since many years now. I have watched several videos of crf250 rally in foreign languages, hoping one day this would come to India. Good news indeed.
Old 4th June 2021, 06:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Really?!

Attachment 2163528

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...n-india/42253/

Take my money!

Thanks to KU69RD for sharing this article with me!
Article expects pricing to be 2.6L going by the CB300R pricing. Hope for this one honda doesn’t go overboard and its priced similar to thai model. Don’t we have a free trade agreement with Thailand? So pricing should be reasonable unless Honda decides to do a Honda (read 500X)
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 12:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
...unless Honda decides to do a Honda (read 500X)
Honda will definitely do a Honda on the pricing. Maximise margins which will compensate for the lower volumes. They would have accounted for that anyway.

The CRF300 Rally with the larger fuel tank would be a ideal go anywhere bike in our Country. Lightweight (weighs about 150 kgs), reliable, and good range. Will be more potent than even a Africa Twin. Maybe not for 2-up riding but everywhere else.
loki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 13:28   #6
BHPian

I've been waiting for ages, hope Honda doesn't mess up the price. I think they would price it around 5.49 L (ex-showroom) unless they assemble or localize some parts. I hope they put some effort towards pricing it more aggressively this time and not make it a showpiece for the BigWings.
MOUNTAINMAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 13:54   #7
BHPian

The only thing this shares with the CB300R AFAIK is the engine and the meter panel. But the final tune of the engine is very different. This one's tuned for low end to mid range grunt. That shows up on the spec sheet as a handful of HP less than the CB.

Everything else is unique to this bike. I'm not gonna expect this to be priced near the 300R, if they decide to bring this in. This will probably be a bit more heavy on the pocket.

Just wish Yamaha would update the WR250R already and bring it to India. I'm ready to pay the made-in-japan pricetag for it.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 4th June 2021 at 13:59.
Old 4th June 2021, 15:31   #8
BHPian

Exciting news really! Just hope Honda doesn't pull a CB500X on us and price it at 6 lakhs ex showroom. Bring it on Honda, come on now!
mh09ad5578 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 16:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I mean, Honda always wakes up late, brings something reasonably interesting, messes with the price factor and silently claws back, just like nothing has happened.
Since, they get their pricing wrong on the bigger (cc) motorcycles in India, maybe they should try doing an auction and let the customer decide what they want to pay for it. But, Honda being Honda will set the current ex showroom price as the reserve price for all you know
Old 4th June 2021, 18:52   #10
Team-BHP Support

I feel the market is ripe for off-road biased 250 - 400 cc offerings which are light and easy to maintain since their target users are likely to subject to a fair bit of rough off-roading / trail riding. The only thing is price, even if commanding a premium should be a legitimate premium.

Knowing Honda though, the million dollar question is when and if they would bring this and even if they do, whether the price will be even remotely reasonable.
Old 4th June 2021, 22:21   #11
BHPian

Knowing Honda, its always a good news/bad news scenario. Good news is the sporadic Global product launch in India(every blue moon) and the bad news is the atrocious pricing. I for one will not be surprised if this retails north of 4 or 4.5 lakhs ex-showroom.
Neo18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 22:47   #12
Team-BHP Support

I'm usually a big critic of Honda's pricing strategies, but for this one - I'd be happy if it gets launched regardless of the price.

First of all - the CRF300L has quite the heritage.

Secondly - Honda's launch could trigger an entire segment with response from the likes of Kawasaki / Hero Motocorp (with their long rumoured Xpulse 300) etc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 09:09   #13
BHPian

The Honda if launched would be such a mouth watering prospect for the ones who want to actually venture off road and not worry about anything since the motorcycle is really very friendly with its 135kg kerb weight and 830mm seat height considering the fact that this one would be a CBU from Thailand. And I for one think that the pricing would not matter as much as we think since off roading still has that niche crowd and it’s not a familiar thing with a lot of motorcyclists out there. The one’s who actually go off-road would not mind spending that premium for such a product.
BikeDevil44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 14:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Article expects pricing to be 2.6L going by the CB300R pricing. Hope for this one honda doesn’t go overboard and its priced similar to thai model. Don’t we have a free trade agreement with Thailand? So pricing should be reasonable unless Honda decides to do a Honda (read 500X)
CB500X retails for approx $6000 in USA and this one retails for $5400 approx.
if they go for approx 6lakhs on this it will be Dead on Arrival

If people want underpowered but capable dual sports, we have Himalayan and Xpulse. no one will want to spend 3 times of Himalayan on 20% superior bike
ambarkhan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 11:07   #15
BHPian

Even with a reasonable ex showroom price, a motorcycle with 880mm seat height will find very few takers in India. Even 6 footers will be tiptoeing on this.
deerhunter is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks