Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 19:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Should I buy a Honda CB350 RS, or an electric motorcycle?

Agree with GTO.

Who has seen tomorrow? Open throttle and enjoy adrenalin rush in.
Old 13th August 2021, 00:11   #17
BHPian

Like many others said, go with the Honda. Touring will be fun and hassle free without range anxiety.

And that ICE would definitely put a smile on your face!

Wait for electric vehicles to be a bit more mainstream before taking the plunge, I believe the next generation of EVs paired with a solid charging infrastructure is the right time to pull the trigger.
Old 13th August 2021, 00:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Is there an EV equivalent of the CB 350? No. So it is a no brainer. Honda it should be.

Right now anyone considering a commuter Motorbike or Scooter should go with an Ev, not others.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 01:03   #19
BHPian

I would like to add my two cents here. But first I have a few queries -

Q > In which city your daily commute will take place ?
Q > Hows the traffic condition during your office commute ?
Q > What is the road quality for your daily commute route ?

For touring purpose CB350RS is a great machine if you have got your heart settled on it, Just watch out for the break pad issue being faced by CB350 owners and secretly acknowledged by Honda, it might exist for CB350RS also

Link - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5122079 (The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh)

As for your daily commute it really depends on the conditions of your commute, you might prefer something which does not weigh 180 KG and does not have hassle of clutch in breakneck traffic.
Old 13th August 2021, 09:16   #20
BHPian

No questions about it - the CB350 all the way!

Let's enjoy these machines while they are still around, for a few more years.
You will get decades to putter around in an EV commuter bike!
Old 13th August 2021, 10:55   #21
BANNED

It should be an easy choice. Since you're considering a lifestyle motorcycle, commute costs should not be a concern. If you're considering the 350 and worried about fuel costs, then why not make that a higher priority and go for something more frugal like the Gixxer 150 FI - just for example. Something cheaper will still offer a lot of fun and engagement compared to an EV while still keeping the fuel costs in check.

Nothing in the Indian electric 2-wheeler space right now can even compare on the fun factor scale with the Gixxer, CB350 and many other motorcycles.
Old 30th August 2021, 21:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkLightning View Post
As for your daily commute it really depends on the conditions of your commute, you might prefer something which does not weigh 180 KG and does not have hassle of clutch in breakneck traffic.
It's a very easy riding motorcycle with neutral handling and you will not feel those 180 kgs during riding or even in slow-moving traffic. It's only when you need to move it reverse from parking or worse, on a incline, would you feel the heft. But you won't not feel intimidated for sure.
The clutch is assisted and is super-light to operate. One can even change gears easily with one finger on the clutch.
nerdgalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:25   #23
BHPian

Lol, I was in the same dilemma. Was fretting too much over EV running cost vs CB 350 RS running cost. Well, this drama in my head continued well over 3 months. Decided to wait for Ather Gen 3 bikes to see the increase in range and all. But post reading this thread booked CB 350 RS the next day.
So current update. Wanted 2023 make bike so decided to book the RS on my birthday 28th Dec 2022. Decided to have delivery on 14th Feb as 2023 lot was suppose to hit the showroom on 7th Feb. Got a call in 1st week Jan saying CB 350 RS update is being launched and production starts in mid March. So delivery can happen only after 1st week of April. Shifted the booking to the new one and now eagerly awaiting the month of April
Laidbackakki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:05   #24
BHPian

After a number of bikes that have come and gone, my garage is now set, a nice petrol engine bike for touring and an electric scooter for city use is what I believe makes the most sense. The bikes currently in my garage are the CB350 highness which I picked up at launch and I can confidently say it is the best bike I've ever owned. The reason is simple, when I go on a ride, I want to experience the joy of riding, the anticipation of the journey, the camaraderie with my fellow riders and not have the actual machine and the mechanics of the riding occupy a significant part of my mental space. The Highness is such a fuss free vehicle that it fits that bill perfectly. I do have high expectations of the CB500 twins when they launch later this year and maybe that will be a worthy replacement for the highness.

As for as an electric bike is concerned, I've had the original Ather since early 2019. It still works as well as it did when it was new. Sure, I'd like a bit more range but am waiting for an actual upgrade from Ather instead of the cosmetic changes that the X/Plus/Gen bring. I can confidently say that nothing matches the fuss free nature of the city commute like a well engineered EV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks