Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2021, 11:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS Raider 125 launched in India

TVS Raider 125 launched in India-tvs.jpg

TVS Motor Company has made a comeback to the 125 cc segment and has launched the Raider 125 sports commuter. The new TVS Raider 125 is priced from ₹ 77,500 (ex-showroom) onwards. The new sports commuter promises to be a fun little option for young buyers while offering the practicality of its rivals. In fact, TVS says that about 39 per cent of its customers are young buyers across segments, not just in India but globally too.

TVS Raider 125 launched in India-tvs1.jpg

Read
nairrk is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:00   #2
BHPian

re: TVS Raider 125 launched in India

First impressions just by going through the images online are that this is arguably on of the best looking 125cc bike (excuse the KTM).

It does not look skinny like other 125cc bikes.

The MID looks great! but should be legible under harsh sunlight.

I have recently seen more number of TVS NTorqs than Jupiters and Activas in the villages I have visited so there seems to be a market for such premium looking standout products from the vast sea of generic ones.

All the best to TVS.
RavSam is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
I have recently seen more number of TVS NTorqs than Jupiters and Activas in the villages I have visited so there seems to be a market for such premium looking standout products from the vast sea of generic ones. .
The 125cc market is dominated by the Honda Shine. The Discover 125 and Hero Glamour might be a distant 2nd & 3rd (or vice versa), while offerings like Suzuki Slingshot and TVS Phoenix barely caused a ripple in the pond. In fact, TVS discontinued the Phoenix after just 4-5 years due to poor sales, in spite of being quite a decent product for its price.

If they want to grab market share from the Honda Shine, they have to reduce the price of this bike. I don't see many people making a beeline for TVS showrooms to buy it at almost 78k ex-showroom.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 16th September 2021 at 13:12.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:42   #4
BHPian

Those LED DRLs are exact copy of Cretas DRLs, although inverted. Bike looks good and should definitely find takers. Good one from TVS
Old 16th September 2021, 14:47   #5
BHPian

The test drive reports could give more information on driveability an ease of acceleration considering the power figures. But on paper it looks far better than the SP 125 and I believe TVS would bring in best fit and finish considering their recent Ntorq, apache updates.
Is this engine any derivative of the existing Apache 160 4v? Why TVS isn't considering detuning that engine for lower cc's as its almost the benchmark for the 160cc segment?
Old 16th September 2021, 15:10   #6
BHPian

The bike looks like nothing in the segment, including the cost. Duke 125 is on another planet of the price bracket.

TVS Raider 125 launched in India-n360cgallerydesk01.png

This bike introduces so much features in the 125 segment. Some that stand-out:
  • Top Speed recorder
  • Start-Stop Technology
  • Ride Modes
  • Adjustable rear suspension
  • USB Charger

Colours.
TVS Raider 125 launched in India-colours.jpg

Some images from the TVS Website.
TVS Raider 125 launched in India-n360cgallerydesk02.png
TVS Raider 125 launched in India-n360cgallerydesk03.png
iamahunter is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 16:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am a big TVS fan having had wonderful experience with their offerings in the past. However somehow their headlight designs are not to my taste. Even the current crop of RTRs looks awesome from every angle sans the headlight design. I still love the clean headlight design of 2007/08 RTRs.

Here as well the Raider looks awesome but I cant digest that headlight. Yes I totally detest the CREATA's headlight design as well and its no different with this. Having said that, I believe this is a good alternative to the likes of Pulsar/NS 125. Shine ofcourse is the segment king but thats more of a sensible practical(& boring) bike rather than anything youthful.

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th September 2021 at 17:03.
SoumenD is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 16:54   #8
BHPian

Except the headlight, this Raider is the best looking 125cc bike!

After multiple failures in 125cc segment- Phoenix, new Victor etc., this looks promising for TVS
texmonster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:03   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

For someone who has had great time with his Apache RTR, I am a big fan of TVS. I really liked the Apache RR310 too for the amount of time I had it, they do make some really good products which can last the distance and age well as well, add to it reasonable service cost and easy availability of spares.

Raider looks no different, it's a smart looking motorcycle and has features too, should be a good sell from TVS stable. If I had to buy it, would be a tough pick between Yellow and Red color, both look nice!
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:47   #10
BHPian

Thank god they didn't call this Apache125 like Bajaj.
Nice looking bike, the instrument cluster looks cool.
Asish_VK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 09:44   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Thank god they didn't call this Apache125 like Bajaj.
Nice looking bike, the instrument cluster looks cool.
Agreed! I would not know what to say if Bajaj launches Pulsar 100 or 110 to provide "sport offering" and end up diluting the sporty brand cherished by enthusiasts ever since its launch decades ago.
Ultim8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 10:01   #12
BHPian

I had seriously thought that TVS would be launching the Zeppelin or a naked version of the RR310 or a proper adventure tourer. But well, wishful thinking it seems. No doubt, the raider looks pleasing, but what is the use of recording the top speed on a 125cc bike? As if we don't have enough squids doing stupid speeds and dangerous overtaking on Splendors and Passion Pros! Rather give me a BOSCH ABS system and ByBre brake on the front (I can't see one on the Raider). I really hope TVS comes up with any one of the aforementioned options. That would seriously make my day
mugen_pinaki27 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 18:31   #13
BHPian

Re: TVS Raider 125 launched in India

A quick comparo with Fz reveals interesting facts:

Fz - 12.2 bhp at 7250 rpm ; 13.3 Nm at 5500 rpm
Raider - 11.2 bhp at 7500 rpm; 11.2 Nm at 6000 rpm

FZ is heavier by 12 kilos and costlier by 20k ex showroom.

Raider gets lots of cool features as well.
RD150 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 23:12   #14
BHPian

Kudos to TVS for launching a new brand and differentiating it from the Apache line. Could have been an easier way to go the Pulsar way & dilute the brand.
TVS and its headlights have a problem of polarizing opinions. Great bikes with debatable headlights going back to the Fiero, even the eyebrows on the Apaches take some digesting but then the rider will not see it so much so I guess it's ok.

The bike looks loaded with features and some are looking like segment firsts, so Kudos to TVS again. I only wish that ABS could have been given and priced according instead of citing the 124.8 loop hole. Come on TVS!!!
Old 20th September 2021, 12:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I am a big TVS fan having had wonderful experience with their offerings in the past. However somehow their headlight designs are not to my taste. Even the current crop of RTRs looks awesome from every angle sans the headlight design. I still love the clean headlight design of 2007/08 RTRs.

Here as well the Raider looks awesome but I cant digest that headlight. Yes I totally detest the CREATA's headlight design as well and its no different with this. Having said that, I believe this is a good alternative to the likes of Pulsar/NS 125. Shine ofcourse is the segment king but thats more of a sensible practical(& boring) bike rather than anything youthful.
I second that. TVS makes wonderful products and this is going to be no different (apart from that kitschy headlamp design). The Apache RTR twins (2 valve version) were handsome looking motorcycles but that image got diluted with the time. Same is the case with the newer Apache RTR twins (4 valve) as well. Older ones had a much better headlight design and looked spot on which was made worse in the latest ones in my honest opinion ( I don't mean to offend any Apache owner's over here as style is a subjective matter and opinions will vary ). The designers might have gotten too excited and messed up what was already right.

Last edited by Phantom 510 : 20th September 2021 at 12:37. Reason: Needs correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks