Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2007, 22:21   #1

My new Motor Cycle

Hello everyone

I got my new motor cycle today. my motor cycle is a dirt bike and it is white in colour. it is a four strok bike and i can fill 5 liters of petrol.

it has 4 gears. I dont know how to use gears but my father says i Have to learn.

We are going to drive it in the desert ground after i get knee pads and elbow pads.

Old 20th May 2007, 23:33   #2
BHPian

That's a nice way to start riding Duboy!!! Ride safe and have fun.
Old 20th May 2007, 23:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Have Duboy that looks fantastic.

@ Steer - Hoping to see a pic of this with the Dicor, this would like a ant infront of a elephant
Old 20th May 2007, 23:41   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Your dad certainly seems to be building some collection for you. Just cant wait to see you burn rubber in some of them in the future. Though the bike you have now is just the perfect beginning. Good luck, and have fun.
Old 20th May 2007, 23:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Duboy that's a great first bike for a young man! And your father is right when he says you need to learn how to use the gears, otherwise how are you gonna drive Dad's Dicor??!!!!

Have fun with the bike & do post a few pictures of you in action!

Good work Steer, looks like Steer Jr. is on the right track
Old 20th May 2007, 23:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Gr8 machine "Duboy"... Drive safe dude and congrats..
Old 21st May 2007, 00:08   #7
Team-BHP Support

Wow, you're one lucky kid duboy, i (like many others i suppose) wanted one of these while i was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duboy View Post

We are going to drive it in the desert ground after i get knee pads and elbow pads.
impressive, and thats the first post i think i have read of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And your father is right when he says you need to learn how to use the gears, otherwise how are you gonna drive Dad's Dicor??!!!!
What you even talking about dicor chicor, this is all preparation to grasp the V Torqing monster!!

manson.
Old 21st May 2007, 00:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hello, remember me? Nice bike, a worthy addition to the family arsenal!
Old 21st May 2007, 03:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

nice bike....but that exhaust really looks like it belongs on a 2 stroke. The engine looks like a Honda clone of some sort...
Old 21st May 2007, 11:01   #10
BHPian

Nice Bike duboy, very sweet looking small baby, , ride safe... bikerboy !!
Old 21st May 2007, 11:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the wishes - I'm sure he will need them as he starts figuring out how to release the clutch and slot in the gears.

The bike in question is of Chinese origin, rebranded by a Local Distributor here as 'Triton'. The engine is LIFAN, which is China's largest manufacturer of two wheelers (there are 900+ two wheeler manufacturers there). More on that later.

The bike was chosen after we bid unsuccessfully for a Yamaha PW80 on an auction site. In the end the chinky bike costs less than a 2nd hand Yamaha, 1/4th of the quoted price for a 50cc KTM and 1/5th the price of a Suzuki RM65, all of which were considered at some point.

Its 70cc and 6 bhp, for the record.

@ BUSA - Dicor in India this one in DXB. Will snap one with Monster Torque 01, though.

@ iraghava - Yeah he better learn how to slot those gears - cant have it easy all the way. In a way good thing he didnt get the Yamaha which had no clutch and 3 gears.

@ manson - if he's talking about knee pads and elbow pads its because he's forbidden from riding it before I get him those. not because he's suddenly safety conscious!

@ ananth - you're right. This bike used to have a 2T engine earlier and the exhaust has been carried forward. The engine is a Honda Cub clone - same as our Hero Hondas and Kinetics and other clones - with a smaller cylinder. Therefore upgradeable to 125 cc, I guess. Thats another reason for picking up this bike - since its a generic engine the possibilities are endless.

Now to find out how long our hero takes to get moving on this thing.
Old 21st May 2007, 11:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

I dont know thats why I am asking does this dirt bike have higher gear ratio and less top speed as that they can give full torque.... or like a normal bike......

And I would love if Duboy himself answer the questions.....
Old 21st May 2007, 11:08   #13
Team-BHP Support

neat and congratz duboy, dont worry bikes are easy to master (lil patience thats all) and ride safe while at dune bashing
Old 21st May 2007, 11:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride, Varun. I know it's a li'l too early for riding tips, but nevertheless; always listen to papa, and never ride too fast too soon. Focus on accuracy- speed will come gradually.

It's nice to see someone else starting off early as well...reminds me of my old days..aah...of course, I only had access to a Yezdi and an Amby...

Forget torquing shorquing...I wanna see this guy riding at 18...!!!!! And I'd pay a king's ransom to see Duboy race Steeroid..four wheels or two, it don't matter...muahahahahaa......
Old 21st May 2007, 11:13   #15
Team-BHP Support

Hey Duboy, learn riding soon, and when you grow old enough, sneak out your Pa's big monster bike, go for a ride, and when you come back click his pic and post it here for all too see.
And yes steer we are trying to spoil duboy. We hope when he grows up he is quiet a handful for you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks