Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 15:27   #1
BHPian

TVS Scooty sales surpass the 50 lakh mark

TVS Motor Company has announced that the Scooty sales have surpassed the 50 lakh mark. The company has said that its popular two-wheeler has been on sale in the Indian market for more than three decades.

TVS Scooty sales surpass the 50 lakh mark-tvs-scooty-pep.jpg

Currently, there are two models in the TVS Scooty range - the Pep+ and Zest 110.

The TVS Scooty Pep+ has an 87.8cc, single-cylinder engine that makes 5.36 BHP and 6.5 Nm. In terms of features, it comes with an LED DRL, front glove box and a provision for USB mobile charger. The scooter is available in 3 variants with prices starting at Rs. 57,959 (ex-showroom).

TVS Scooty sales surpass the 50 lakh mark-tvs-scooty-zest-110.jpg

The TVS Scooty Zest 110 has an LED taillamp, 3D premium logo, dual-tone seat, and an LED DRL. Other features include 19-litre under-seat storage, front glove box, SBT braking, and parking brake. Powering this scooter is a 109.7cc, single-cylinder engine producing 7.71 BHP and 8.8 Nm. The Zest 110 is available in 4 colours and costs Rs. 66,318 (ex-showroom).

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by UtkarshC : 27th October 2021 at 15:45.
UtkarshC is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 17:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Scooty sales surpass the 50 lakh mark

Talk about sticking to roots. This thing has virtually stayed the same for nearly 2 decades. How the time flies! My friend has a 2003-4 Scooty rotting away at his home and looks pretty much the same.

I guess the facelift with this big smiling headlamp came right around that time. Earlier it had the headlamp-indicator unit all in one.

The name left quite an impression too. Many folks I know call all gearless scooters as Scootys including the mighty Activa
amol4184 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 14:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Talk about sticking to roots. This thing has virtually stayed the same for nearly 2 decades. How the time flies! My friend has a 2003-4 Scooty rotting away at his home and looks pretty much the same.
True! One of my uncle has one since 21 years! He being tall and big sure looks funny riding that but it has never let him down once.

I rode it once and my friends called me that I was looking like a Gorilla sitting on a mouse

The small wheels really make me tense though. The Zest one is my favourite in Matte Black.
Old 28th October 2021, 15:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am a proud owner of this beauty. I bought it for my wife who did not like the Activas and Jupiters. While they are good too, this one has a nice design and simple functions. Returns good FE too. Though we use it only for household chores, it's very practical and easy to ride.
Old 28th October 2021, 20:28   #5
BHPian

We have a Scooty Pep+ at home and it's almost 15 years old now. With a proper battery, it still starts in one touch of the button and has never failed us.
Old 29th October 2021, 08:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
True! One of my uncle has one since 21 years! He being tall and big sure looks funny riding that but it has never let him down once.

I rode it once and my friends called me that I was looking like a Gorilla sitting on a mouse

The small wheels really make me tense though. The Zest one is my favourite in Matte Black.
yes it somehow evolved into a scooter for fairer sex and TVS built up on it. Not sure if that was intentional.

When ICE world ends, TVS should bring out EV version with exact same looks and continue the march towards next 50L mark. Current e-scootys are extremely edgy, futuristic, not-from-this-planet anyway.

It's amazing to see how, unremarkable things go on to do remarkable stuff in the end.

Last edited by amol4184 : 29th October 2021 at 08:07.
Old 29th October 2021, 08:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

I own a 2003 model Scooty, bought about 6 years ago for 10k. It's very practical for local runabouts and I think it has storage spaces that no other 2 wheeler can better. Underseat can store a full size helmet. The glove space can easily take 2 one litre bottles + some more. The foot area is the trump card as this can easily clear the "Gas Cylinder Test".

I cannot find a single model that can replace this that offers this practicality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks