Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 18:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA

Honda Navi is now exported to the US of A and joins the likes of the Monkey, Grom and other mini Honda motorcycles.
https://www.cycleworld.com/story/mot...avi+First+Look
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:07   #2
BHPian

India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA

Honda has launched the 2022 Navi in the USA. The India-made two-wheeler has been priced at US$ 1,807 in the American market where the company also sells similar products like the Honda Grom and Monkey.

India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA-kt7bajxrdjef7dpdbuq642aw44.jpg

The US-spec Honda Navi is powered by a 109cc, single-cylinder, SOHC engine. The 4-stroke, air-cooled motor features a carburettor and is mated to a CVT. Handling the suspension duties is a pair of USD forks at the front and a mono-shock at the back.

India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA-uizr5lzyvvdcdmpokpqygtmeei.jpg

The 2022 Honda Navi weighs 107 kg (kerb) and has a seat height of 764 mm. Its wheelbase is 1,285 mm long. The two-wheeler has a 3.4-litre fuel tank. Some of the other features include an integrated storage area, analogue instrument cluster, alloy wheels and drum brakes.

India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA-2b7p3cfshjdh7euekdos5pwvlu.jpg

In the USA, the Honda Navi is available in four colours - Red, Grasshopper Green, Nut Brown and Ranger Green.

While the Honda Navi is no longer on sale in India, it is still being produced here for the international markets.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by UtkarshC : 19th November 2021 at 15:09.
UtkarshC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:51   #3
BANNED

Re: India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA

Good to hear. As a Navi owner, I can vouch for the incredibly high fun-to-dollar and the eyeballs-to-dollar ratio of the bike.

However, the gas tank is less than a gallon, power is not enough even for American cities and the suspensions are fragile. Neither of them can handle the fun, which the chassis encourages us to have on the Navi. The thing I love about the Navi is that there's no header or exhaust plumbing to scrape when doing mild off-roading. With the Grom, this is my biggest deal-breaker.

For the US market, I wish it had the 125cc from the Activa 125 and a larger gas tank.

At the off-road adventure zone Gurgaon
India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA-500013700889_432862.jpg

The Navi completed all of the obstacles - even if it meant crawling through them.
Name:  500040800304_9959_2.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  74.9 KB

This is during the road trip to Mandi, Himachal
India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA-img20190827wa0001.jpg

This pic is during a casual morning ride on the KMP expressway before it was officially opened up for traffic.
India-made 2022 Honda Navi launched in the USA-img_20190223_152022.jpg

This is barely 1/10th of the actual fun I have had on the Navi. I don't usually stop to take photos or even click in general. So, I have more memories than photos to show. I also used to go mild offroading in the Dharuhera industrial area pretty much every weekend with my kid. Every time I pull out the Navi, it brings out the child in me and makes me do stuff I would never do on the Gixxer, for example, even if the Gixxer could do it more easily.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 19th November 2021 at 15:57.
MaheshY1 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 06:53   #4
BHPian

There are still some older carbureted motorcycles motorcycles offered in the US (mostly dual-sports), but this has to be the newest model by al least 10 years if I am not wrong.

Last edited by nitinsharma1000 : 21st November 2021 at 06:54.
Old 21st November 2021, 10:14   #5
BHPian

Does anyone know why the Navi isn't sold in India any more? I see a fair number of them in Nepal and they look fun and practical.
Old 21st November 2021, 10:28   #6
KPR
BANNED

I love Navi to the core. I almost purchased yellow Navi adventure for 40k before it was shut down two years back. The bike is a beauty. This motoscoot should be brought back in India with adventure kit.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 02:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post

Power is not enough even for American cities and the suspensions are fragile. Neither of them can handle the fun, which the chassis encourages us to have on the Navi. The thing I love about the Navi is that there's no header or exhaust plumbing to scrape when doing mild off-roading.
Honestly, don’t be shocked if those guys in the States convert their Navi’s to mini off road automatic dirt bikes for their teenage kids. They can be great fun as you have rightly shown in your pictures, as long as its just some basic grass and gravel. A beefed up suspension swap can however really help it go to the next level. USA is a modification friendly country after all.
Attached Images

Last edited by Starfire : 26th November 2021 at 02:38.
Starfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:26   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
USA is a modification friendly country after all.
People have done all kinds of stupidly fun mods with Groms. But, the Navi's strange suspension setup makes it far less mod-friendly than the Grom.

1. the front has upside-down forks but - take this - it has no suspension oil. It only has a crap ton of grease in it. I had the front shocks serviced at 15k. Moreover, finding a replacement that can fit both, the clamps and axle, is going to be tough.

2. transmission is the swingarm. So, unlike other bikes, where you can pretty much swap the mono-shock and go off-roading, here you have to see how much transmission can handle. And, it can't handle much. After all it's an Activa underneath.

My rear suspension has already developed play and rear wheel keeps adding camber. Although I admit, I have done some stupid things with it.

It'll probably become like a kid thing. Something their kids can use to practice before moving to geared motorcycles. That's exactly my plan. Once my son turns 10, I'll let him practice throttle control, body positioning, braking and some basics with the Navi on closed roads.

I have my fingers crossed and hope they come up with some standard replacement kits for the Navi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanddd View Post
Does anyone know why the Navi isn't sold in India any more? I see a fair number of them in Nepal and they look fun and practical.
Simple answer is demand. There's almost none for the Navi. Honda never upgraded it to BS6. So, it's officially gone after 2020 Apr.

The Navi's exhaust plumbing is similar to that of the Activa I, not the std Activa. So, there's no simple swap part available to make it BS6. Even the Activa I is gone.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 26th November 2021 at 12:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks