Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 18:14   #1
BHPian

Royal Enfield to launch 120th Anniversary limited-edition Interceptor 650

Looks like Royal Enfield is set to unveil a limited-edition Interceptor 650 to commemorate their 120th Anniversary . At first glance, it looks quite tastefully done with the chrome tank, gold pinstriping, old-school badging, and blacked-out engine casing. Going by the picture, seems like only 60 numbered examples will be made.

Royal Enfield to launch 120th Anniversary limited-edition Interceptor 650-whatsapp-image-20211122-6.10.33-pm.jpeg
Image Source: Royal Enfield Instagram page

Last edited by Turbojc : 22nd November 2021 at 18:22.
Turbojc is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield to launch 120th Anniversary limited-edition Interceptor 650

RE has been coming out with different options for 120th Anniversary, they are just about to wrap up 12 Limited edition helmets, depicting 10 years each.

This will be the next step, they should make 120 numbered bikes that would be well directed ode. Need to get blacked out casing done on my bike too.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 17:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rushlane has some stunning photos of the motorcycle covered. Not sure if they're rendered or have they actually managed to capture from the original one.
Quote:
In order to make it an exclusive affair, each of these bikes will feature a unique serial number on the tank top badge indicating that it is 1 of 60 unique motorcycles in any of the four regions mentioned around the world. These motorcycles will be exclusively available for online sale in India. These new Royal Enfield 120th Anniversary Editions are cosmetically enhanced versions of the standard 650 Twin models but

don’t receive any mechanical or feature updates

The limited-run models flaunt a special all-black paint scheme with hand-painted golden-coloured stripes on the fuel tank. Such craftsmanship is even witnessed in the company’s oldest model in production- Bullet, in its standard black variant.

This exclusivity is further accentuated by the addition of the Royal Enfield 120th Anniversary insignia on top of the tank. The fuel tank also features specially minted brass emblems embossed on the sides made in collaboration with the ‘Sirpi Senthil’ family. The glossy finish to the panels add a nice premium appeal to the motorcycles. To provide a contrasting effect, Royal Enfield has blackened-out internals and mechanical components of the bikes such as engine, exhaust, front and rear suspension and handlebar with a matte treatment. The motorcycles will also be equipped with a range of genuine accessories such as flyscreens, engine guards, heel guards, touring and bar end mirrors amongst others in a black disguise to compliment the overall design.

A total of 480 motorcycles are on offer – 120 units for each India, Europe, Americas and South-East Asia. 60 units of INT 650 and 60 units of GT 650 per region. In India, these will go on sale on 6th Dec 2021. Registrations for the sale commence today at the official website.
Source : https://www.rushlane.com/royal-enfie...-12418387.html

Last edited by aargee : 23rd November 2021 at 17:24.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 17:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Like the blacked out parts, one thing I miss on the current bike, I will anyway get it done, but factory finish would have been great.

That said looks like a good attempt and we should seen a Signal saga again, when these come as normal run soon.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 18:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
That said looks like a good attempt and we should seen a Signal saga again, when these come as normal run soon.
I think a regular production run of an "Interceptor Black" would look fantastic and likely sell really good numbers. It looks really mean.

I've seen some brass accent accessories made for REs and Triumphs and always thought they looked great.

This looks fantastic as well. Except for the huge silencer end cans. I hope RE manages to bring it down in size to similar size as the Meteor in the next edition.
playingpossum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:33   #6
BHPian

Was on the EICMA 2021 live stream - they showcased a concept 650 (pictures shown above). Right at the end, they said that they will unveil a "new 120 year old motorcycle" tomorrow at 8.30 IST.

Proxima is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 12:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

A lot of whatsapp groups were buzzing yesterday with the launch of the SG650 and these smashing limited edition 650 twins. That black chrome finish is just spectacular. If I could buy one bike to keep on display at in my living room, this GT650 would be it.

neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 12:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A lot of whatsapp groups were buzzing yesterday with the launch of the SG650 and these smashing limited edition 650 twins. That black chrome finish is just spectacular. If I could buy one bike to keep on display at in my living room, this GT650 would be it.
Looks great indeed, so I see maybe the wait for the 650 is nearing it's end.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 13:04   #9

Give me the black interceptor with only the tank changed to baker express colourway and I'd be happy. The gold highlights look too garish on second look though, maybe a blacked-out stealth version similar to the classic 350 would be better.
Old 24th November 2021, 15:48   #10
BHPian

In true RE fashion, there in nothing on the website regarding the booking of these limited Edition 650s. Anyone here that has seen otherwise?
Neo18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 01:16   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo18 View Post
In true RE fashion, there in nothing on the website regarding the booking of these limited Edition 650s. Anyone here that has seen otherwise?
You can only register at the moment, the bookings will open only on 6th December. However you are right, can't find anything related to registration as well
Hammad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 07:30   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammad View Post
You can only register at the moment, the bookings will open only on 6th December. However you are right, can't find anything related to registration as well
There was a link open late at night through which registrations were taken.
(royalenfield.com/120thedition). I will leave the snapshot here for some entertainment. In fact there was even a picture of Classic 500 black on the page.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield to launch 120th Anniversary limited-edition Interceptor 650-reregistration.jpeg  

Neo18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 08:14   #13
BHPian

I had gone through the link given by Neo18, and the link clearly talks about registration for the 120th Aniversary Twins. Yet, when the confirmation mail came, I have got the photos of the Classic 500 Tribute Black. I am still in doubt whether I am registered or not for the 650 Twins.

I have received a unique code which is to be apparently used on December 6th, yet the website often was showing info wrt the Classic. How do I confirm if I am registered or not?

Royal Enfield to launch 120th Anniversary limited-edition Interceptor 650-whatsapp-image-20211125-8.10.45-am.jpeg
Old 25th November 2021, 08:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is clearly the Classic 350. I didn't think the Interceptor bookings would start so fast. I'm also planning to book one, since I was holding out for the Cruiser (Undecided at the moment)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueMonster View Post
I had gone through the link given by Neo18, and the link clearly talks about registration for the 120th Aniversary Twins. Yet, when the confirmation mail came, I have got the photos of the Classic 500 Tribute Black

Last edited by Sebring : 25th November 2021 at 08:40.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 08:43   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This is clearly the Classic 350. I didn't think the Interceptor bookings would start so fast. I'm also planning to book one, since I was holding out for the Cruiser (Undecided at the moment)
This slot is not for the booking, but for mere registration. Bookings are only taking place on December 6th. I just wanted to know if my registration is complete.

Even I would love to wait for the cruiser, but the Black Chrome on this bike instantly swayed to this booking. But this entire registration so far has been a mess.
TorqueMonster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks