Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2021, 20:09   #16
BANNED

re: Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated

Seems like even getting investors is not turning out to be simple for "Simple" Energy.
Simple Energy's authorized share capital is Rs. 1,000,000 and its paid up capital is Rs. 636,830. Source
Not sure if they had success with the $100 Mil capital raise. Doesn't seem so, but can't say for sure. Their current investors are a couple of Indian real estate developers (source). That's fishy.

It appears they don't have any big investors and thus not enough money for the "largest 2 wheeler factory in the world". A lot of hype is being generated to trap a big fish/investor, I think. I will refrain from calling it outright fraud but it very well could to be one. Ola Electric's authorized share capital, for comparison, is Rs. 222,121,456. Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Next they will announce they are competing with SpaceX and planning a manned flight to the moon.
Heh, CEO and co-founder Suhas Rajkumar Kolewad and another co-founder have registered a company called ANANTA EXPLORATION PRIVATE LIMITED. Source (to infinity and beyond. heh!)

Last edited by Electromotive : 11th December 2021 at 20:39.
Electromotive is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 00:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated

Simple Energy is going to be the best thing that happens to EV scooters in India.

It will create a plant that’s 10% bigger than Ola.
Battery range that is 10% more than Ola
Price 10% less that Ola.
Color options: one more than Ola.
Top speed: 10% more than Ola.
Axe77 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:47   #18
BHPian

I'm getting serious Nikola vibes from Simple Energy. Going by earlier reports of the internet sleuths who dissected the demo vehicle and presentation of Simple Energy, it's pretty evident that it's a poorly rebodied Ather scooter being used as a whitewash.

In these days where companies are getting stupidly over-inflated valuations without even having a fully working product, could this be a gimmick to pull more money from VCs? Makes me wonder.

Again, not beating down on the company trying something new in the market but expressing my opinions only based on the information I have at hand. Gotta wait and see where it goes from here.

Last edited by LOL_FWD : 13th December 2021 at 12:49.
Old 13th December 2021, 17:26   #19
BHPian

100% agreed. All the details they have shared so far is about as shady as they come. I would recommend everyone to stay away from them until they can atleast show some kind of product to 3rd parties. Why part with your hard earned money?

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th January 2023 at 22:43. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 14th December 2021, 06:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Pardon me if I sound harsh but it looks like they don't have their feet on the ground. Simple Energy on all accounts seems to be a repeat of 'Freedom 251'
Exactly!!

No presence on ground, no industry experts in team, no proven background, they do not have funds for the kind of facility they are talking about.

No one with a reputed image in the venture capital space is backing them, all their investors are first time names, I am not sure how true are their fund raise numbers (have to check ROC filings to verify), even if it is true, those are no where close to setting up manufacturing unit

Automative manufacturing is not at T20 game, I have been following Ather since 2014 when they raised seed and they came into limelight in 2015 when Tiger Global invested in series A funding, and even after backing of Tiger it took 5 years for them to come up with a road ready product.

Even OLA electric started in 2017, it acquired Etergo (Amsterdam-based Etergo BV, manufacturer of electric scooters since 2015) , they accelerated with huge funds and acquisitions ($500M+ dedicated for OLA electric)

Frame, Suspension, Power Train, Battery tech requires R&D (or acquiring right R&D), a lot of testing and getting vendors for build to spec components (its not off the shelf purchase)

You need a proper team to execute all this in coordination to come up with a product which lasts. Its not a digital product like an app where you can have a crappy first version and the update on a regular basis. Automobiles need to survive at-least 10 years on roads, and I repeat this requires A LOT of R&D, testing and coordination.

I do not see them on ground, i do not see right talent / team, i do not hear them in part manufacturer / supplier network, I do not see right set of backers (venture capital), I do not see their production facility, and they used Ather with their body panels during prelaunch

I understand both venture capital and automative space, and I will never bet on them, and I do not want another freedom 251 to bring bad name to Indian startup ecosystem.

Last edited by Asoon : 14th December 2021 at 06:21.
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 18:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Simple Energy inaugurates state-of-the-art manufacturing plant- Simple Vision 1.0

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219692883.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219669045.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219671224.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219673457.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219675713.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219678119.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219680445.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219682930.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219685334.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219687738.jpg

Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugurated-fb_img_1674219690010.jpg

Press Release

Quote:
India, 20th Jan 2023:Simple Energy, India's leading electric vehicle and clean energy start-up, inaugurated the first manufacturing plant of the company on 19th January 2023. Named Simple Vision 1.0, the plant is now set to commence operations to kickstart the final production of the much-awaited flagship product, Simple ONE.

Located at Shoolagiri, Tamil Nadu; the state-of-the-art manufacturing unit is spread across 2,00,000 sqft. The facility is equipped with the best-in-class GA Line (General Assembly Line), India’s first patented in-house motor manufacturing line, a battery manufacturing line along with other facilities like cell storage, CAL (Customer Acceptance Line), etc. The factory, being one of the safest manufacturing plants in the country, also has its testing facility for its in-house vehicle testing.

On this announcement,Suhas Rajkumar, Founder & CEO, of Simple Energy,said,“We started this journey four years ago and have reached a stage just one step away from production and deliveries. The inauguration of Simple’s first manufacturing unit in Shoolagiri, TN is a stepping stone for the future expansion plans. Having the right and experienced talent has shown us the right path to churning out the best strategies in R&D and setting up a well-equipped plant that will commence the production of Simple One electric scooter.”

Simple Vision 1.0 is built with an initial investment of INR 100 cr. It has the capability to manufacture up to 1mn unit annually, making it one of the most significant plants set up by an OEM in its early stages. The plant also aims to provide employment to 700+ people locally, and looks forward to having a female-dominated workforce.

With more products in the pipeline and its core focus on R&D, Simple Energy aims to be at the forefront of the ongoing global transition to green mobility.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 20th January 2023 at 18:32.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 18:48   #22
BHPian

I was reading from top of the page with all the apprehensive comments and see the pics below Last comment was a year ago
The scooter looks good and much chunkier than the Ather. Hope they can give a better QA'ed product and also give the promised commuter bike

Last edited by PreludeSH : 20th January 2023 at 18:49.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 18:53   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
I was reading from top of the page with all the apprehensive comments and see the pics below
The real fun is to read from the original unveil, detailed here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...-page-3-a.html (Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3))

If "Fake it till you make it" was a brand, this would be it.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 21:59   #24
BHPian

Re: Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugura

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Last comment was a year ago
That is indicative of the expectation and confidence in the company and its proposed products. There were trying to beat Ola.

More than a year later it is all no where to be seen. The paid media are being kind by not calling the bluff.
Mafia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 01:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Simple Energy plans world's largest electric 2-wheeler factory. EDIT: Simple Vision 1.0 inaugura

I still don't buy this frankly. Anyone have any update on this?

Also I see this just as a photo op. The line is nearly empty. Doesn't have that many vehicles, doesn't have parts in the bins for scooter chassis which are on the line. The scooters on the line themselves look astonishingly similar to the Ather going by the motor and the swingarm which is just finished in silver.
The manpower is no where to be seen.

The size of their plan is very small going by the photograph. Where will they stock their finished goods? On the lawn in front?

Just unable to digest these simple things.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 18:07   #26
BHPian

Is this true?
Entire assembly line - you do not see single bin holding parts. Also, airguns are missing from the roof, used for bolting and fastening tools, etc.

Why is there always doubt about this company, even if the building is REAL? Can someone post a video assembly line in action?
pogo0120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 18:28   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This plant appears to be atleast twice as big as the building which Ather first started producing the Ather 450 1st gen.

Even today Ather doesn't make in house electric motor, its from a supplier Mahle India a subsidy of Mahle GmbH Germany.

But in the pictures posted in this thread, Simple one has a Motor Assembly line, I hope that its really is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks