Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 16:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Relocating to a new city, but already booked a motorcycle

Best thing to do would have been to ride it from Lucknow to Pune. You would have enjoyed the bike too. But if that is something you can not do. Buy it and then ship it to Pune with some reputed transporter. Could cost you as much as 10k, but would still be less than the cost of cancellation and the time and efforts wasted to buy the same bike in Pune. As you have already stated its costlier by 10k in MH.

My friend recently got his Apache RTR 200 shipped from Pune to Lucknow, which was lying in my parking since the lockdown. It costed around 8K, and the bike was delivered without any damage. Looks for the reputed ones, who do proper packing, if they are able to ship it in a crate, even better.
Old 15th February 2022, 16:34   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I will wait for an answer from Mottorad. I have sent the link of this thread to the concerned and let’s see if this can be managed.
Hi Turbantor, I got a call from BMW lucknow dealership. They were asking if they should proceed with placing order from their side at the factory or something. They gave me a deadline as 15th Feb evening to reply in a yes/no.
How should I proceed?
I just want either of these two things from BMW:
1) Transfer the booking to Pune. OR
2) Cancel the booking and if possible deduct only a small amount instead of 50% since its a genuine issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Then scratch my suggestion. See if you can get the bike packed in a wooden pallet and plank packing (like superbikes, and export Bullets of yesteryears) and transported to Poona.

Cheers, Doc
The BMW guys are so unhelpful, they wont save the crate for me stating that the crate is unusable after the bike gets removed from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
I went with Safexpress. I set myself back by 8000 INR, but the job was satisfactory. They estimated 15 days, the truck arrived in 12 days.
I'll check them out. My heart would shatter into a million pieces if I found my bike scratched post delivery. At this point I think I would bear the loss and buy a cheaper bike.
Old 15th February 2022, 16:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn11 View Post

I'll check them out. My heart would shatter into a million pieces if I found my bike scratched post delivery. At this point I think I would bear the loss and buy a cheaper bike.
Check if you have VRL cargo service. They dispatch bikes using their cages. Expensive but am not sure if they have offices in your city.

They are good and no scratches
Old 15th February 2022, 16:44   #19
BHPian

Sometimes fate brings road trips to reality and with this will come memories to cherish for long. This time of the year is good for long distance travel and if you consider the travel cost it will not be much. Moreover the route is also good. Agree with others on this thread who are suggesting driving down.
Old 15th February 2022, 16:52   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got a call from BMW lucknow dealership. They were asking if they should proceed with placing order from their side at the factory or something. They gave me a deadline as 15th Feb evening to reply in a yes/no.
How should I proceed?
I just want either of these two things from BMW:
1) Transfer the booking to Pune.
I need your contact details to share with concerned at the Mottorad. Since you are newbie, I was trying to find a way to contact. Can you share your public email ID here?

You can call Dealership that someone has esclated this issue with the Mottorad and they will hear directly from them or you in case it's not approved.

I hope, Mottorad will be reasonable as your request is very fair. Transfer of booking should not be an issue.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 17:22   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I need your contact details to share with concerned at the Mottorad. Since you are newbie, I was trying to find a way to contact. Can you share your public email ID here?

You can call Dealership that someone has esclated this issue with the Mottorad and they will hear directly from them or you in case it's not approved.

I hope, Mottorad will be reasonable as your request is very fair. Transfer of booking should not be an issue.

I have a mail id which I guess I can post publically. Here it is:

vaibhavnapps@gmail.com

Please reach out to me. I'll gladly share my contact details.

Many thanks.
vn11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 17:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:

The BMW guys are so unhelpful, they wont save the crate for me stating that the crate is unusable after the bike gets removed from it.
The BMW Motorrad dealers are on a high because of the number of 310R/GS being bought. When I bought mine, it felt as if they are doing a favor by giving me the bike that I paid for! And since there is only one dealer in most cities, the customer has no choice.

Quote:
If you are planning to get the bike transported through roadways or train, you need to be ready to see some damage. Probability of a damage free transportation is very low.

But, the good thing is you are in this situation BEFORE the delivery. Post delivery you wouldn't have much choice, but to either ride it or transport it.

I understand that you don't want to take a financial loss by cancelling the booking. But if you look at it as a price to pay for mental peace, it might as well be worth it!

If you don't need a bike at Pune immediately, you might also gather some experience in riding for few months.. and then one awesome ride from LKO to PNQ. Extreme thinking, but this is what I would probably try to do if I were you.

Good luck 🤞
Old 15th February 2022, 19:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Currently I have the following options in hand

1) I cancel my booking and pay around 15,000 as the cancellation charge so I have I suffer a loss of about 15000 and purchase the bike in Pune which is about 10000 rupees higher in the on road prices. The booking amount was 30,000 and they deduct 15000+ Tax.

2) I don't cancel my booking and get the bike delivered at my home someone can collect the bike on my behalf and then I transfer the bike from Lucknow to Pune via Railway or something. I'm really worried about transporting a brand new bike with no engine/leg guards as it may get damaged.

What could be the best course of action in this case.
Take the BH series and drive around the country without any hassles. Why waste 15k.

Pick up a good packers and movers to move your bike.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Thanks!

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2022 at 20:27. Reason: Trimming quoted text
Old 21st February 2022, 18:59   #24
BHPian

From what I've read in above posts, you are looking at a damage of at least 10k if you are not driving from LKO to PNQ.

This may sound like a bad advise, date your bike for a week or two, get to know each other.

Increase your damage to a little bit more. Get some gear, some armor for your legs, a jacket, gloves, you can use boots or safety shoes if you are not going crazy.

For navigation related issues, you can go for some affordable intercom.

If you take my word, my main worry was about navigation before I went on "my first solo trip" (should have that shared in a post). I gifted myself an intercom unit and the lady from maps (any maps you like) was very helpful in helping me find the way. I had some timeline to follow but I was not riding at my limits or my bike's. If you end up traveling more, you are anyways going to spend on some gear.

Ignore my suggestion if it is not feasible.

If you are taking the road, only part you need to pay little attention on is getting off of the east west highway. If you miss the exit, you may have to go a long distance before you find a U turn. If you are trying to get via Gwalior, you can stick to AB road to quite a good length of the remaining journey. Keep approx odo target in your head before the next major change in direction if your are not getting an intercom or phone mount.

Happy riding.

PS: I see some timestamps are about a week old now. Are you already in Pune? How did it turn out?
banana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 20:46   #25
BHPian

This is no dilemma at all! A perfect opportunity to drive your machine down to Pune.
What are you waiting for?
Old 25th February 2022, 17:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
What could be the best course of action in this case.
Many thanks.
Don’t worry too much, you have already made a great decision to opt for BH registration.
Think in this way -
1. You get the delivery of the bike you dreamt for sooner.
2. You will probably not get such a great chance to ride the bike from Lucknow to Pune again. It will be a life changing experience and you’ll have so many stories to share!

When I had to move my bike from Bangalore to Kolkata, I decided to ride it down and it was hell of an experience. Try to get a partner or two who also wants/needs to ride the same route.

@ebonho - always like your responses, sire!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks