Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2022, 16:50   #1

TVS Ntorq gearbox noise

Hello all, i would first like to request to please move this thread to an appropriate category if required as, i could not find a more suitable one.

As this is my first post on this forum kindly forgive any discrepancies in the post.

I own a 2021 BS6 FI TVS Ntorq which has done around 10000km up until now.
According to me its a spectacular machine & i am absolutely in love with it.
Though the ownership experience has been flawless up until now, there is an issue which has cropped up since a few days.

Now, everytime when the engine has warmed up & i apply the rear brakes to deaccelerate i have observed that there is a 'kirr-'kirr' sound that comes from near where the kick is placed. This only happens when the bike is either on a speed-breaker or is tilted slightly towards either side while i brake. The sound is very similar to the one that comes when kick is pushed down while the engine is running.
I have taken it to both TVS ASC as well as FNG but neither seem to be able to resolve the issue though they acknowledge the sound is there.

I request the esteemed members to please give your suggestions as to what might be the problem is as i would hate any serious damage happening to my beloved Ntorq.

Also, if any members have a good experience with any other dealership other than Rishaan TVS on Wagholi road, Pune or can suggest a good FNG in or near Viman Nagar, Pune.

Thanks in advance.
shashwat7548 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 20:14   #2
BHPian

Re: TVS Ntorq gearbox noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashwat7548 View Post
Now, everytime when the engine has warmed up & i apply the rear brakes to deaccelerate i have observed that there is a 'kirr-'kirr' sound that comes from near where the kick is placed. This only happens when the bike is either on a speed-breaker or is tilted slightly towards either side while i brake. The sound is very similar to the one that comes when kick is pushed down while the engine is running.
I have taken it to both TVS ASC as well as FNG but neither seem to be able to resolve the issue though they acknowledge the sound is there.
This has been a peculiar problem on all Ntorqs, even mine did too very frequently. Everytime I reported this at the ASC, they used to clean the clutch shoe and rollers and his fix used to take away the noise for a while and then would re-appear again. At almost every 900-1200kms I had to take it to them to get this done.

Then one day on service advisor's insistence I got the complete clutch set replaced. But then that too didn't fix the issue permanently. Having been sick and tired of this issue and also suffering an engine seizure, I parted ways with my Ntorq Race Edition.

Please suggest your service advisor to clean the clutch shoe and rollers, that should solve the issue albeit temporarily.
AJ739 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 20:29   #3

Re: TVS Ntorq gearbox noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
This has been a peculiar problem on all Ntorqs, even mine did too very frequently. Everytime I reported this at the ASC, they used to clean the clutch shoe and rollers and his fix used to take away the noise for a while and then would re-appear again. At almost every 900-1200kms I had to take it to them to get this done.

Then one day on service advisor's insistence I got the complete clutch set replaced. But then that too didn't fix the issue permanently. Having been sick and tired of this issue and also suffering an engine seizure, I parted ways with my Ntorq Race Edition.

Please suggest your service advisor to clean the clutch shoe and rollers, that should solve the issue albeit temporarily.
i have already got them both cleaned in the last service but the issue again cropped up after doing about 700km. Though it doesnt effect the normal working of the bike but i am afraid what it might do internally to the clutch set.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks