Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2022, 21:16   #16
BHPian

Re: HMSI refusing to sell oil filter outside ASC

Please check what is the rating of the filter - Flow rate and filtration size. Identify an alternate filter and get it fitted. Most of these filters are made by the same back end companies. I know of superbike owners who use Hyundai santro oil filters as they are an exact plug and play replacement and cost 1/10th the OEM cost. Irrespective of the brand, OEM dealerships and service centres are all the same as they are all owned by the high and mighty of the society having enough clout to avoid the clutches of the law.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 21:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Getting Honda scooter's spares in the usual shops can be an issue, I myself got this experience recently as I did not get Honda's genuine air filter at the local shop from which I usually get original Bajaj and Yamaha's spare parts. I did not try to get them from a service-center so don't know if they would have really sold me that consumable over the counter. Thankfully, such consumables like filters, spark plugs etc. are interchangeable and the quality of other 'non-genuine' products is just about fine.

On similar note, same was the case for Honda cars, they don't sell spares over the counter, they need to bill it against your car. The reason they gave was "people put non-genuine parts in the car and later when some problem occurs they blame Honda for poor quality/long life of the car, so they need to have everything documented"
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 08:40   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, what a stubborn, stupid attitude on the part of Honda!

Thanks for documenting this issue, something definitely to keep in mind when considering a purchase from this brand!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks