Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 20:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Ather plans 2 new variants of 450 e-scooter. EDIT: Gen 3 450X, 450 Plus launched at Rs. 1.17 lak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post

The Usable Capacity on the Gen 3 450 Plus is 2.6 kWh as opposed to 3.24 kWh on the 450x. I've attached a link with all the specifications for both the models (got it from the Ather Website)
Edit to this post, the link I posted wasn't working. Apologies

https://assets.atherenergy.com/ather...ifications.pdf

Last edited by WhiskeyTangoFox : 19th July 2022 at 20:14.
Old 19th July 2022, 23:48   #32
BHPian

Re: Ather plans 2 new variants of 450 e-scooter. EDIT: Gen 3 450X, 450 Plus launched at Rs. 1.17 lak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
Has anything been mentioned about battery temperature checks/cooling mechanisms/safety features on new 450x , given recent spate of electrical fires with Electric vehicles?
Ather has a solid track record in this regard. The only fire incident that they had was a damaged vehicle from an accident being washed in workshop. Ather is a mature product despite the quirks of the manufacturer (range for example was fixed only in Gen3) and the dashboard firmware is currently stable. The scooter performance was not impeded due to dashboard.

Gen3 claims to have greatly improved thermals in new battery pack that allow for consistent performance in all weather conditions with heavy load.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 00:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
Has anything been mentioned about battery temperature checks/cooling mechanisms/safety features on new 450x , given recent spate of electrical fires with Electric vehicles?
Disclaimer to begin with- I don't own an Ather, or any EV for that matter. Just a casual observer.

Ather's thermal management seems head-and-shoulders above Ola's and all the other non-BET brands. There has only been one reported instance of a crashed Ather on fire, and that was because of an incident at the service center rather than a malfunction (link- https://www.rushlane.com/ather-elect...-12437347.html).

There have been tests like the one linked below that seem to confirm these findings (although not entirely scientific, but certainly a good real-world approximation)

Also in this new Gen 3 450X, the batteries are better spaced out with more cells to share the load, which will apparently result in better heat management. I'm looking quite keenly at either an Ather 450X or a TVS iQube ST as my next scooter, unless one of the other big players release something even better/equivalent to those 2.
Old 20th July 2022, 09:09   #34
BHPian

I've booked the Ather 450X Gen 3 yesterday just after the official unveil.

My daily commute is 60 kms with mix of city and open roads so WARP mode is what I need to enjoy the ride and the Gen 3 has 60kms range on Warp Mode so I should be able to use it for most of my commute.
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 10:40   #35
BHPian

Surprised they have not made any cosmetic changes (apart from the mirrors) to the gen 3. A simple color addition would have been a differentiating factor. But i guess the ather team don't want their older customers to feel they have an older Gen model. That could be the only possible explanation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks