Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 20:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Queries about Honda CB350 quality issues, Big Wing and RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peri_patetic99 View Post
4. Check the rear brake pedal position; I have found it to be little uncomfortable for my right ankle on long rides, it should've been a bit more outward-set.
Tell me about it!
I have a bit of duck feet. outward pointing. And it has been a pain, applying the rear bike.
In RS, the rear brake pedal is smaller and located more inwards!
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 21:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelsvaga View Post

Btw, would you recommend replacing the brake pads with ones from non-Honda companies. I think someone used pads from Bajaj. That would bring down costs. Of course, the safety shouldn't get compromised in the process.

Did you go into the mountains/hills? Doesn't the slipper clutch take away from the efficiency of engine braking when you're going downhill?

Do you also have long distance riding experience with the regular seat? Is the split seat significantly more comfortable with long hours in the saddle?
I've heard about some people replacing OEM brake pads with ones from outside i.e. Bajaj and the likes. Others in the telegram groups have reported better braking performance and lesser wear. I haven't tried it personally. but I think you should give it a try.

The slipper clutch doesn't affect engine braking that much(in my experience), it is still plenty while going downhill.

No, I got the split seat installed at the time of delivery so I do not have any experience with the stock seat whatsoever. But I can tell you the split seat is worth the extra 3k and it is pretty comfortable too.
Old 27th May 2022, 15:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps bit too early to talk about long term issues, RSA etc but a happy owner here(3 months). I started motorcycling after over a decade and CB350 now seems like the best decision. It offers the best of both worlds, Retro yet modern.

Mine is an anniversary edition and thankfully very less chrome to maintain.

My riding style is mature and this bike is super comfortable and stable around 70-90 kmph without any noticeable wind blast (stock, no windshield)

Here is my observation

Pros:
+ Clutch - It makes shifting effortless and fun
+ Smoothness - I make it a point to idle it for 30-45 sec after cold start and bike is super smooth after that.
+ Torque - Addictive mid/top end.
+ Split seat - Definitely feels more cushioned compared to the single seat. I have done a long ride of around 250km(half day) and did not have any fatigue
+ Riding position - Tall and commanding, easy to saddle
+ Weight distribution - Well balanced on the move( I rejected classic 350 due to this)
+ FE - Highways I managed 40+ and the lowest I have got is 35kmpl(no complaints)
+ Thump - Reason why I shortlisted cb350 and classic 350
+ Exclusivity - Still not as popular as the Royal Enfield and people do ask stuff like Price, FE etc. Definitely noticable. For the common man, this bike is Honda bullet.
Cons:
- Low end is meh(also the gearing) resulting in frequent shifts (thankfully light clutch makes it fun and engaging)
- Head light is not that useful on highways(I dont intend to ride at night)
- No storage space at all (nit picking)
- Not meant for chugging along at low speeds.

Bigwing experience is great in cities such as Bangalore with multiple dealerships and they also keep rider community engaged with monthly rides.

I did consider and drop Classic 350(long waiting, weight), Yezdi scrambler(Quality issues ,buzzy at highway speeds), Meteor 350(riding position), Interceptor 650(Heavy, ergo issues) and CB 350 was a winner.

It is a keeper, however one will easily get bored if speed is the primary requirement

Last edited by rajshenoy : 27th May 2022 at 15:22.
rajshenoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 17:15   #34
BHPian

I had Classic 500 before and I sold it within 2 years due to vibration and quality issues. Swore that I'll never buy a RE again. Changed couple of bikes after and then Highness came. Blindly went with it banking on the Honda reputation. 2 years and 13k kms down the line, I must say I'm totally disappointed with the CB350 (Highness). My coneset was replaced at 6000 kms. I was told that it doesn't come under warranty. Now at 13k kms, I experienced massive wobbling over 60kmph. Now surprisingly one will not notice this on a regular ride. You'll notice it only if you leave both the hands. I was stunned by the amount of wobble. When I went to Bigwing service I was told that this exists in majority of Highness and they suspect it could be the tyres. On further inspection, they told my coneset needs to be replaced. I told them I already had it replaced at 6k kms. They said the average life of coneset is 10k kms! I was stunned again. I don't remember changing coneset of any of my two wheelers (only my Jupiter have I changed at 40k kms I think) and I have changed tens of two wheelers in my course of 25 yrs of riding.

I'm surprised why nobody has taken Honda to the court for selling defective bikes. I'm really contemplating going to consumer court.

Last edited by vprao : 5th April 2024 at 17:19. Reason: Typo
vprao is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks