Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2022, 13:48   #151
BHPian

re: Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...s-50000-426693

We knew it was overpriced but such a drastic price cut and that too within a few months after launch?
achats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 13:48   #152
BHPian

Reading the thread in the backdrop of price correction seems substantial.

Honda management could've just scrolled over the thread to know the blunder they were about to commit. Every comment on the pricing is correct to the point. Now, the next dilemma would be, is it permanent reduction or something else is happening behind the curtains.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 18:58   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...s-50000-426693

We knew it was overpriced but such a drastic price cut and that too within a few months after launch?
I just now got a quotation from Honda Big Wing PCMC & the 50K discount is being offered on the on-road price. Whereas the above autocarindia article is mentioning a 50K discount on the ex-showroom price. The discounted on-road price of the CB300F DLX Pro is coming close to 2.28 lacs. Can someone please confirm if the 50K discount is on the on-road or ex-showroom price? Would appreciate a quick response, as tomorrow I am planning to cut a cheque post the test ride.

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-cb300f-dlx-pro-quotation.png
Old 23rd December 2022, 00:26   #154
BHPian

Above quote is for the Old price.

The answer is tricky, as government doesn't allow any discounts on ex-showroom price. So, even if you pay discounted price, the Road Tax amount stays same. So, compare the old quote with the new quote and see the difference.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 14:22   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Above quote is for the Old price.

The answer is tricky, as government doesn't allow any discounts on ex-showroom price. So, even if you pay discounted price, the Road Tax amount stays same. So, compare the old quote with the new quote and see the difference.
Thank you Jaaz for your quick reply, appreciate it. I went to the showroom some time ago, took an extensive test ride (20km) on the highway & came back impressed with the bike. Have booked the MAT MARVEL BLUE METALLIC CB300F Pro model (with bluetooth). Made the whole payment upfront, Rs 2,27,881/- (This is 50K less from the earlier quoted on-road price of Rs 2,77,881/-).

The bike is in stock, registration, insurance formalities should be completed in 3-4 days. Will take the delivery by end of next week. Thanks to the TBHP community for timely information on the offer, I could close this deal in lightening quick time.

Some pics below taken at the showroom
Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-whatsapp-image-20221223-2.00.46-pm.jpeg

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-whatsapp-image-20221223-2.00.47-pm.jpeg

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-whatsapp-image-20221223-2.00.45-pm.jpeg
AutoIndian is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 11:19   #156
BHPian

Almost half a year in, I haven’t seen a single 300 F in Bangalore’s streets so far…. I’m not even sure if it’s selling at all, I’ve seen more 300 R and even those are UNICORNS at this point.
Old 26th December 2022, 16:38   #157
BHPian

You may be partly right. Sales are low, so separate figures are not released by Honda.

But, even if the Bike passes in front of you, can't make out unless you've eyes like a Eagle. The only way to find out is to focus on the Bike shroud, when it is parked. Or you should be very familiar with the 3 Colors, the Bike comes in.
Old 4th January 2023, 16:22   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

The bike is in stock, registration, insurance formalities should be completed in 3-4 days. Will take the delivery by end of next week.
Have you taken the delivery of the Bike? Do share your buying experience and initial impressions of the Bike. Congrats!
Old 4th January 2023, 16:59   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Have you taken the delivery of the Bike? Do share your buying experience and initial impressions of the Bike. Congrats!
Hello jaaz & all my other dear fellow TBHPians. At the outset let me apologize for the late post here. I took delivery of my MAT MARVEL BLUE METALLIC CB300F Pro model (with bluetooth) on Sunday, 01-Jan-2023. Yes, wanted the delivery to happen on the first day of the year & Honda BigWing (PCMC Central) obliged. Below are few pics of delivery and customary pooja. Will share more details in next message.

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230101-6.21.44-pm-1.jpeg

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230101-6.21.52-pm-1.jpeg

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230101-6.21.06-pm-1.jpeg

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230101-6.21.08-pm.jpeg

Delivery Experience:
This was pretty good. Everything was kept ready at the promised time of 2pm on Sunday, 01-Jan. First the sales exec showed me the documents.
1. Insurance (5 years, first year zero dep & remaining 4 years 3rd party)
2. Extended warranty for 3 years or 42K kms (whichever is earlier) @ Rs 3,499.00/- (included in the on-road price). So, the factory warranty of 3 years or 42K kms & a similar duration/mileage extended warranty makes it a 6 years or 84,000 km warranty, which is pretty huge.
3. RSA for - Rs 1,999.00/- (included in the on-road price)
4. Handling charges - Rs 1,000.00/- (included in the on-road price)
5. AMC Sale - 2,199.00/- (included in the on-road price)

After handing over all the documents, the exec asked me to unveil the bike, which my son & I did happily. Then did the customary pooja, garlanded the bike and offered sweets to all present in the showroom. The sales exec explained all the features. One good point he mentioned was never start the bike when the side stand is applied. As the bike is inclined the lube oil accumulates at one side of the crank case & the other side may get starved. So, take off the side stand, bring the bike to straight position & only then push the starter.

The whole process was finished in an hour's time & I happily rode the bike back home.

Initial riding impressions:
1. The bike pulls like a locomotive & you don't need to rev it to red line to upshift. 5-6K rpm is the sweet spot for upshifting. It is obvious as the max torque of 25.6 Nm is produced at 5500 rpm.
2. The bike looks bulky but is very nimble on its feet & easy to handle.
3. It is hoot to drive in traffic. Today I took it to office & thoroughly enjoyed the commute. Normally it takes me 30 mins by car to travel from my office Hinjewadi, Phase-2) to my home. But today on bike it took just 20 mins. Of course, I started early at 04:10pm & reached home by 04:30pm, before the peak traffic would start.
4. Brakes are good and confidence inspiring.
5. Small speed breakers seem non-existent on this bike. Only for the bigger ones need to slow down but it happily glides over those in 3rd gear.
6. The turning radius seems to be on the higher side, need to get used to it.
7. Also on uneven road surfaces, looks like the traction control comes into play. Need to be watchful about it.
8. The headlight throw is good but currently the dipper is pointing too high & the upper beam is reaching the sky. Need to check how to adjust it or might have to visit the showroom.
9. After taking delivery I did a tankful, it gulped 12.4 liters of petrol & I guess the showroom had delivered the bike with 1.7 liters of petrol. So, the tank capacity of 14.1 seems to be real.
10. Though I rode aggressively today the instantaneous fuel economy has risen from 32 to 36.7 kmpl in today's 26 km ride.
11. Need to observe where it stabilizes in the coming days, but from the initial impressions this is definitely not a fuel guzzler & should be quite pocket friendly (Note: I had filled higher octane IOC fuel as normal petrol was not available on the bunk)
12. The torque & pick-up of this bike is quite addictive & you cannot ride it slow. Just 3.5 years short of hitting a half century in terms of age, I am already feeling like a college lad in his teens.

Looks like the last 4-5 years wait to get the right bike for me has been worth it & now I am looking forward to long distance riding in the Western Ghats to explore new roads and new places.

Last edited by GTO : 5th January 2023 at 07:45. Reason: Merging back to back posts
AutoIndian is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 21:13   #160
BHPian

Wow, someone actually bought this apparently much hated bike. The blue colour looks great. Hope you have a fulfilling ownership.

Could you please spill the beans on:
1> the ergonomics. How comfortable is it for long distance riding? And how's the seat cushioning. You seem to be on the taller side, but could you mention your approximate height and weight, and how your knees feel after atleast a 2 hour ride?

2> you mentioned you cannot ride it slow. I understand you mean to say the engine is just rev happy. But how does it do relaxed cruising? Can it do low speeds well in higher gears?

3> whether it is indeed vibey like people claim? And if yes, how bothersome is it? I understand you'd need to pile on some kms before you can meaningfully answer this. But it would be good to have a pre and post run-in appraisal of this.

4> Can you think of any reference bike that you compare the handling to?
drt_rdr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:52   #161
BHPian

Congrats and do pen an ownership review as there are hardly any online. This bike is #1 in my consideration set for my commuter bike upgrade, sometime later this year. Are there any accessories - official or aftermarket - available like crash guard, radiator guard etc? And do comment on the vibrations above 6k rpm, mentioned again in the autocar ride review that came out yesterday.
achats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:55   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hello jaaz & all my other dear fellow TBHPians. At the outset let me apologize for the late post here. I took delivery of my MAT MARVEL BLUE METALLIC CB300F Pro model (with bluetooth) on Sunday, 01-Jan-2023. Yes, wanted the delivery to happen on the first day of the year & Honda BigWing (PCMC Central) obliged.
First of all many congratulations on your new bike. I know you had been scouring the forum for a while trying to zero-in on the right option (as I have been too for the past few months), so to see that come to fruition makes me happy and hopeful I too am considering this and the CB350RS (very different propositions, I know) as a replacement for my P220.

In addition to drt_rdr's questions above, just wanted to know about the ride comfort- can it handle large potholes and bumps without unsettling the bike or transferring bone-jarring thuds through to the rider?

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 5th January 2023 at 11:08.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:15   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Wow, someone actually bought this apparently much hated bike. The blue colour looks great. Hope you have a fulfilling ownership.
Thank you drt_rdr. I always loved the blue color & wanted my car to be in the same color. However, family choice overruled as the car would be used by everyone, but the bike will be used exclusively by me & a pillion only occasionally. So, I could get my favorite color for my bike.

Quote:
Could you please spill the beans on:
1> the ergonomics. How comfortable is it for long distance riding? And how's the seat cushioning. You seem to be on the taller side, but could you mention your approximate height and weight, and how your knees feel after atleast a 2 hour ride?
Let me take your questions one-by-one. I won't be able to answer your first question with authority as the max I have ridden the bike in one go is 14km & less than 30 mins. I will have to ride the bike for 2 hours at a stretch to answer your query constructively. The seat cushioning felt adequate. Coming to my physique, I am 5'10" in height & weight is 63 kilos. I hug my knees tightly to the tank on both sides to feel the bike a part of my extended body.

Quote:
2> you mentioned you cannot ride it slow. I understand you mean to say the engine is just rev happy. But how does it do relaxed cruising? Can it do low speeds well in higher gears?
I didn't mean the engine rpm but the actual speed of the bike. The initial pick-up is damn good & even in-gear acceleration. You don't need to downshift that often if you ride in a relaxed manner, but if you are riding aggressively then downshifting does help to get that thrust & crisp throttle response. As I said I haven't ridden the bike much but I am sure it can do relaxed cruising quite comfortably. Sixth gear helps here. 90-100 kmph on 6th gear seems effortless. Need to check the engine rpm at these speeds but it should be somewhere around 5.5K, which is the max torque rpm.

Quote:
3> whether it is indeed vibey like people claim? And if yes, how bothersome is it? I understand you'd need to pile on some kms before you can meaningfully answer this. But it would be good to have a pre and post run-in appraisal of this.
Sure, will keep this point in mind while doing a long ride and post my observations.

Quote:
4> Can you think of any reference bike that you compare the handling to?
I haven't driven any bike extensively for the last couple of years, so cannot really comment on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
Congrats and do pen an ownership review as there are hardly any online. This bike is #1 in my consideration set for my commuter bike upgrade, sometime later this year. Are there any accessories - official or aftermarket - available like crash guard, radiator guard etc? And do comment on the vibrations above 6k rpm, mentioned again in the autocar ride review that came out yesterday.
Thank you achats. Not sure if I would be able to start a separate ownership review as I have too many other priorities, but I will definitely keep sharing here my observations and experience with the bike as I pile up miles on it. No official accessories available yet. To comment on the vibrations above 6k rpm, I will have to wait till the first service is done as the Sales Exec has advised not to rev the engine above 6K rpm during the run-in period. If you are riding in city then you will hardly get a chance to cross 6K rpm. Ony on the open highways you can rev it to that level. This bike can serve you well for your daily commutes and weekend highway rides as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
First of all many congratulations on your new bike. I know you had been scouring the forum for a while trying to zero-in on the right option (as I have been too for the past few months), so to see that come to fruition makes me happy and hopeful I too am considering this and the CB350RS (very different propositions, I know) as a replacement for my P220.

In addition to drt_rdr's questions above, just wanted to know about the ride comfort- can it handle large potholes and bumps without unsettling the bike or transferring bone-jarring thuds through to the rider?
Thank you Sudarshan42. The CB350RS is more for relaxed riding & cruising on highways. Also, it suits heavily built person whereas the CB300F is a street fighter, if one has to cut through city traffic at a fast pace & more suitable to lean built people like me. The bikes suspension is damn good. For the small bumps, I don't need to slow down & the bike just glides over them. For the larger ones though I take it easy but can cross them in 3rd gear itself quite comfortably. Need to check how the suspension would behave with a pillion onboard, but for the sole rider it's very smooth.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 5th January 2023 at 11:30.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 12:53   #164
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on the purchase AutoIndian! Wishing you a fun-filled and memorable experience with the bike.

CB300F sure is a worthy contender as an everyday motorcycle especially considering the discounts. A proper sleeper in the city that can also be fun on highway!

A couple of queries:
- How's the gearing, particularly for city riding? I hear that gearing of CB350 is too tall and cumbersome in city. I hope CB300F with 6-gears will be better.
- Does the bike have mounting points for fitting a center-stand? I understand that no accessories are available for CB300F right now, but I see that CB500F has center-stand available as an accessory overseas. I hope similar will be available in future in India too.
RishikeshK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 13:47   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
Heartiest congratulations on the purchase AutoIndian! Wishing you a fun-filled and memorable experience with the bike.
Thank you RishikeshK, for your lovely wishes

Quote:
CB300F sure is a worthy contender as an everyday motorcycle especially considering the discounts. A proper sleeper in the city that can also be fun on highway!
I totally agree with you in my limited 5 days of ownership experience.

Quote:
A couple of queries:
- How's the gearing, particularly for city riding? I hear that gearing of CB350 is too tall and cumbersome in city. I hope CB300F with 6-gears will be better.
The gearing is spot on. All gears are evenly spread out. It's a street fighter to the core, very agile & flickable. Now I need to test its highway credentials. In my short 20km test ride on the old Pune-Mumbai highway I could hit the 3 digit mark quite effortlessly, but then can it hold at that speeds is a matter of further testing.

Quote:
- Does the bike have mounting points for fitting a center-stand? I understand that no accessories are available for CB300F right now, but I see that CB500F has center-stand available as an accessory overseas. I hope similar will be available in future in India too.
Now that you let the bug in my head regarding center stand, I could not resist but take some underbody pics of the bike. But I am not able to make out whether any mounting points for center stand are available. May be experts here can comment. I hope in the next couple of months some official accessories should be out, if not then at least some aftermarket.

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-underbody1.jpeg

Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-underbody2.jpeg
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks