Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 13:12   #1
Team-BHP Support

Biker Girl Amrutha Joshi completes her solo 22000 km ride across India

Amrutha Joshi (age 21) has been in the local news on and off in Mangalore for few months now. She took on a very adventurous journey of riding across India. She just completed the trip successfully covering 22000kms.

I was surprised there was no mention of her anywhere in the forum. Let me post some videos on her from across India. She has given interviews in 5 different languages... A True Indian!

This is the latest video, she returns to her alumni Canara Girls Highschool in Mangalore after the trip. She is from Kumble (Kerala), which borders Mangalore. Yes, same Kumble as in Anil Kumble.

Her interview in Kannada in Bangalore a week before completing the trip.

Her interview in Malayalam before taking off on her trip.

Her interview on Konkani before taking off on her trip.

Her interview in English in Sikkim during the trip.

Her interview in Hindi in Guwahati during the trip.

Last edited by Samurai : 14th August 2022 at 13:15.
Samurai is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 18:46   #2
BHPian

Re: Biker Girl Amrutha Joshi completes her solo 22000 km ride across India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

I was surprised there was no mention of her anywhere in the forum.
Thank you so much, Samurai, for bringing this to our attention. I follow Noraly through her Itchy Boots channel on YouTube. It is heartening to see we have our own Girl Rider.

I only wish she gets enough attention to attract the right sponsors so that if she is up to it, she can even do a world tour and make India proud.

Hats off to this girl wonder!
Dressellian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 20:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressellian View Post
Thank you so much, Samurai, for bringing this to our attention. I follow Noraly through her Itchy Boots channel on YouTube. It is heartening to see we have our own Girl Rider.

I only wish she gets enough attention to attract the right sponsors so that if she is up to it, she can even do a world tour and make India proud.

Hats off to this girl wonder!
We have Candida Louis too who has done Bangalore - Adelaide and at present doing a Euro trip.

https://youtube.com/c/IndiaonaMotorcycle
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Amrutha Joshi (age 21) has been in the local news on and off in Mangalore for few months now. She took on a very adventurous journey of riding across India. She just completed the trip successfully covering 22000kms.
Thank you for posting this Samurai, after Candida Louis' 27,500km India to Australia ride I was waiting for a second female rider to pop up in India, that never happened until now .

In India women are restricted (either by family or themselves) to scooters and sometimes cars, they're rarely ever seen riding motorcycles let alone going touring for hundreds of kilometers.

Noraly Schoenmaker (A Dutch RTW rider that started her journey in India on BS4 Himalayan), Candida Louis and now Amrutha Joshi are all major inspirations for women to strap on their helmets, zip up their riding jackets and hit the open road on a motorcycle.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 15th August 2022 at 21:26.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks