Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 23:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Hero XPulse 400 ADV with 421cc engine in the works

Exciting times!!

Seriously looking forward to see how this and the new Himalayan turns out. Given the route RE has taken with its new bikes, the Himalayan would be the one to beat. But nobody'd mind if underdog Hero were to surprise everyone with what they can do with this badboy.
DesertLynx34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 00:50   #17
BHPian

Technologies trickle down from rallies and races. For adv and rally tech, defenitely Hero with its immense Dakar experiance and decent pricing is going to have advantage.
The 450 market is ever growing and good to see both RE and Hero moving forward. 450s must be the perfect bikes for Indian condition with adequate power, easy handling, light weight, adequate cruising speed, off-road capacity etc. Hope to see them soon with around 120kg 55-60bhp mx bikes.
subincb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 06:03   #18
Team-BHP Support

This will fix the one issue with the current xPulse. Improved highway touring capability. Will not just appeal to single bike garages. I know several middle weight to litre class ADV owners who own or want to own an X Pulse or similar as part of their garage for the most extreme off road shenanigans.

Give it a 19 / 21” spoke wheels, good ground clearance, good low end grunt combined with decent touring abilities, reliability, all at a fair price - and watch the cash registers ring!

Come on Hero - bring it on!
Axe77 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 23:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
This will fix the one issue with the current xPulse. Improved highway touring capability. Will not just appeal to single bike garages. I know several middle weight to litre class ADV owners who own or want to own an X Pulse or similar as part of their garage for the most extreme off road shenanigans.

Give it a 19 / 21” spoke wheels, good ground clearance, good low end grunt combined with decent touring abilities, reliability, all at a fair price - and watch the cash registers ring!

Come on Hero - bring it on!
While the car market is a bit sad right now with prices being extremely high and the Octavia and Superb being discontinued next year the Motorcycle market is booming, especially the <500cc market.

The next year or two looks really good for the Scrambler/ADV folks with the likes of the Himalayan 450, the Bajaj/Triumph scrambler and now the 400cc XPulse and by the looks of it a Xtreme 400 as well.

Hero is dual wielding machine guns at this point, one pointed at the 390 ADV/Upcoming Himalayan 450 and the other pointed at basically everyone else in the 30-50hp motorcycle market (CB300R, TVS/BMW 310's, Duke 390, Interceptor/GT 650 etc). I'm keeping my expectations in check and would be more than happy with 30-32hp XPulse/Xtreme but if they can deliver something like the international 450's from the likes of Honda (CRF450RL) and Yamaha (WR450F) that make 40-50hp then I'd be more than happy to pay 2.5-2.6 Lakh Ex-Showroom.

Growing up my father used to joke about restricting me to only Hero bikes when I get to college as his first and second bikes were a late 90's Hero Honda Splendor+ (can't remember the exact model year) and a 2004 Hero Honda Ambition 135. But times have changed, if I was restricted to Hero only then I'd be more than happy to pick up a XPulse for college. Especially given the road conditions that I'd have to face on my way to college.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 31st August 2022 at 23:26.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 23:23   #20
BHPian

I've seen somewhere that this faired 300cc will be called the Karizma.

I for one, will be disappointed because the name itself deserves a seperate evolution all by itself. Just due to the wonders it has done for the Indian motorcycling scene. A proper 250cc single cyl, 4v, FI, 6-speed box, dual ABS, DOHC of course, 28hp something and 25nm something. Super sexy RC211V-ish styling with an underseat exhaust. A proper digital-analog combo dash. Like the older gen Suzuki's and the Yamaha's. None of this all digital bluetooth gimmicks others are playing. This has potential to become the bike that India deserves.

I feel it is better if it stays in the xtreme legacy itself. Maybe. Can't comment anything till we see how its styled.

But hey, this is purely my opinion.

Would love to hear what other users think about this move.
saitvsk23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 17:47   #21
BHPian

I think there is a sinister dark force that owns a stake in all motorcycle companies. The RE450, the Hero 400, the rumoured TVS310ADV Fiero, all pipe dreams at the same time.

The gear shifter in the RE410 has a 6th indent, so they can actually raise the cc of the bike, play with the gearing and launch a decently powered Himalayan (Improved) with hardly any effort. The head has enough thickness to remove the sleeve of the 410 and put in something like the 462 thats being sold in many overseas markets anyways today.

Not one bike is ready to hit the market in 2022. Its amazing that Hero participated in Dakar spending crores on the vehicles and entry fees alone- and have done diddly squat with that experience.

Now in March '23, we will suddenly see some news of one of the above and probably nothing will hit the market till 'festive season' of 2023. I fear when all release together, we dont get fair competition and we will just see the worst of every one.

I agree with the many here, before me who have asked for low down torque, and a highway holding speed like 120Kmph with a pillion and some 30kg of pannier load.

Too late to ask Santa, so then I revert to Gabbar- "Holi kab hai? Kab hai Holi? Kab?"

Last edited by Hammer & Anvil : 2nd November 2022 at 17:48.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks