Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2023, 20:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda CB350 | 4500 km Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugo_93 View Post
The only thing bothering me is a kind of Khat Khat ( metallic clunk ) noise every time the bike goes over a pothole or a sharp edge on the road. The noise comes from the front of the bike.
My cb350 had same khat khat noise from the rear number plate hitting the rear mudguard. Solved it by putting a sponge between the two and tying with black tape - jugaadu solution.
Old 19th February 2023, 21:14   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
My cb350 had same khat khat noise from the rear number plate hitting the rear mudguard. Solved it by putting a sponge between the two and tying with black tape - jugaadu solution.
Agreed, the rear noise is from the number plates, its the front noise that puzzles me.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:39   #18
BHPian

Honda CB350 | 6000 km Ownership Review

I have been riding bikes since I was 16. I guess I must have done over 2,50,000 km. My last bike before the CB350 was Xpulse. Somehow the off-roading bug bit me and I took the plunge. Although I did some challenging trails, age was catching up and a fall at my age (45) isn't a good thing. I did fall couple of times but got lucky with few bruises. It was during some hardcore trails, it dawned upon me that off-roading at my age is best done on a four wheeler and not a two wheeler. Also, long trips on my bike was no longer fun as it used to be in my thirty's. The aches on my body takes more of my attention than the scenery around. I bought a Thar and decided that Xpulse would be my last bike.

Honda CB350 | 4500 km Ownership Review-20220911_095927.jpg

It was during one of our Ladakh trips that I drove my friend's CB350 there. It was love at first sight! I immediately decided that I'll book it once I returned from the Ladakh trip. I stuck to my decision and booked it immediately after I returned. Fast forward 6000 km on the CB350 in 8 months (I guess my fastest so far in any of the bikes I owned) and here is my observation...

1. Engine Refinement - This has the smoothest engine I have ever ridden. The exhaust note is music. I had Royal Enfield Classic 500 before. I have not ridden new REs, but compared to the old Classic 500, CB350 refinement is miles ahead. Don't be under the impression that there are no vibrations. There are handlebar vibrations above certain RPM, but it's very less.

2. Paint Quality - I was expecting a better job but I saw rusting within a few months. However, it was taken care by the BigWing service without any fuss.

3. Ergonomics - I find the ergonomics of the CB350 top notch. The seating position is perfect and I feel no backache/shoulder pain for really long rides. Seat firmness too is perfect and I don't feel my bum aching.

4. Fuel Efficiency - I get an average of 45 kmpl on long rides considering that I ride in the 70-80kmph range. I'm very happy with it.

5. Quality Issues - Now this is where it makes me wonder whether the CB350 really lives up to the Honda hype. Most Honda bike owner has this some sort of superiority complex that makes them believe that they own a marvel of engineering. I too felt the same for 6000 kms.

Then the dreaded day arrived. I started experiencing cone set problems. I had both top and bottom replaced. I was told that they don't come under warranty and had to pay around ₹2000. I got a rude shock. None of my bikes owned so far experienced cone set replacement in 6000 kms. In fact I never replaced one in any of my bikes. All my pride of owning a Honda machine went down the drain.

I have another issue that started appearing recently. During cold starts, the moment I shift to first gear, the engine rpm goes up and down rapidly. I was told by the service people that it is back firing and happens in cold weather. I'm not convinced as it appears every time I start cold, be it early morning or during day time. I'll be visiting the service guys soon on this and will update.

I have had some or the other issue with almost every bike I have owned, and I had come to terms that issues are part and parcel of owning any machine. However, when I bought my CB350, I had very high expectations. I was in fact owning a premium Honda bike. The recent developments have only made me wonder whether a Honda machine really lives up to it's name?
vprao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 18:29   #19

Hello to all
I am a proud owner of probably the third Honda cb 350rs in Delhi NCR as I booked the bike the day it was launched. The delivery process was completed within two weeks. I would be repetitive if I bring out the same plus points as already mentioned, however I wish to highlight one issue that is bugging me since an year atleast. My bike is a gem of a ride but there's a slight humming sound from the front of the bike. It becomes more prominent when whistling peacefully at 40-70 know speeds on higher gears. Has anyone else faced this issue? My service centre has not been able to douse the sound however with some mechanical work they have minimised it. Is it common or my figment of imagination.
Old 19th April 2023, 10:08   #20
BHPian

Re: Honda CB350 | 6000 km Ownership Review

I have the Hness as well, Have completed around 4500kms on it. Got the third free service done last month and the front has become extremely heavier after that. The issue wasn't as noticeable at first but it's started to bother me now starting last week. Every time I slow down to take a turn, the front acts erratic, it shows extreme inertia and hesitation to turn, sometimes even pulling in the opposite direction. Was this why you got your cone set replaced? Is this something that I should get checked too? I'm planning to take her to the ASS today.
Old 19th April 2023, 22:35   #21
BHPian

Re: Honda CB350 | 6000 km Ownership Review

Fresh update, cone set was too tight. ASS guy said it was not something unnatural and that it happens every now and then so needs regular checks. I'm guess things expanded a bit since it's summer (probably not significant enough since a big manufacturer like Honda would take care of it's tolerances, but it makes sense to me, the timing of the issue matches perfectly with the onset of summer).
Old 23rd April 2023, 08:16   #22

Dear krankster
I had the same issue and was resolved by the ASS. but the humming sound still remains. What could be the possible cause. Earlier there was no sound at all except for the sweet note of the engine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks