Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 23:28   #1
BANNED

Have slip disc issues | Need Scooter with comfort being the top priority

First I would like to thank all the people who were involved in making of this amazing website.
Coming to the topic: I am currently in the need of a 125cc scooter. My requirements are:-
Budget:1,15,000 which should include everything.

1.Needs to be extremely comfortable, I am having slip disc issues and I am not supposed to drive a 2 wheeler, but for local run abouts we need one.

2.Run is about 20-30 km per month, may be lower too, also I am not open to electric as this will be also used by my father and we don't want any range anxiety.

3. Should be fairly reliable too.

Currently I am using Access 125 2012 variant.

Scooters considered
1.TVS Jupiter 125
-Like the long seat and adjustable suspension, large boot space, only concerned about the fuel system and vibrations in the long term.

2.Suzuki Access 125
Love the design, its better than Jupiter 125, not sure about the comfort part.

I do like the Activa but I am not open to it.
Owners please give me your insights.
Please recommend if any other 2 wheeler is good too.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 00:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Have slip disc issues | Need Scooter with comfort being the top priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Needs to be extremely comfortable, I am having slip disc issues and I am not supposed to drive a 2 wheeler, but for local run abouts we need one.
Piyush, generally no scooter will give you an extremely comfortable ride if you have slip disc issues and are not supposed to ride one. Please rethink this before going ahead with anything.

If you still want to go ahead with one; are you ok with your old Access 125? If you are then the new Access or the Burgman should be fine for you.

I have experienced the Jupiter 110 with its gas charged shock absorbers at the back and found it to be extremely comfortable. Maybe the 125 is also, you could check.

Activa 125 is also a good option. It’s a very comfortable, no nonsense scooter. I owned it for a year and found it good but very boring.

Please test ride all the scooters and decide which one suits you the best. We can only give suggestions through our perception and experience, you will need to check for yourself.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 03:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

The Access 125 rides a bit stiff when solo but quite comfortable with a pillion.

Haven't ridden the Jupiter 125 but the Jupiter 110 was significantly more comfortable than the Access 125 in its BS4 iteration, expecting the same for BS6.

The latest generation Activa hasn't left me impressed.
You should be happier with the Jupiter 110/125 with a comfort focused need.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd September 2022 at 09:07. Reason: As requested.
shancz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 06:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

The most comfortable ride is on NTORQ. The suspension is really pliant on Bengaluru's non existent roads. Take a TD and decide. Second choice is Jupiter
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 08:34   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Have slip disc issues | Need Scooter with comfort being the top priority

Guys, question as someone who is a noob in 2-wheelers. Wouldn't a motorcycle be more comfortable than a scooter due to its larger wheels, longer travel suspension & more ideal seating / riding position?
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 08:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wouldn't a motorcycle be more comfortable than a scooter due to its larger wheels, longer travel suspension & more ideal seating / riding position?
Definitely ! I had an Activa which I gave up and got this vintage KB100. Much better ride, and feel more confident with the larger wheels. A current model motorcycle would be even better for ride comfort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The most comfortable ride is on NTORQ. The suspension is really pliant on Bengaluru's non existent roads. Take a TD and decide.
Not sure about the NTorq. This and the Aprilla look to be targetted at the youth who want a sporty ride. I did use the Aprilla for about 3 months, and didnt find a big difference compared to the Activa.

The OP would know best after a ride. May be the Yamaha Aerox ?

Last edited by condor : 22nd September 2022 at 08:58.
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:07   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post

I am currently in the need of a 125cc scooter. My requirements are:-
Budget:1,15,000 which should include everything.

1.Needs to be extremely comfortable, I am having slip disc issues and I am not supposed to drive a 2 wheeler, but for local run abouts we need one.

2.Run is about 20-30 km per month, may be lower too, also I am not open to electric as this will be also used by my father and we don't want any range anxiety.

3. Should be fairly reliable too.
I believe from a comfort standpoint the Suzuki Burgman should serve you well. It will be extremely reliable as well. My sense is the likes of N Torq, Aerox, Aprilias etc will have a harder ride than you’d like, because they’ve also been tuned more for a sporty ride.

A basic motorcycle will of course be even more comfortable but I’m not sure if your father would be comfortable using one too, if he’s very old. (Making some assumptions on his age here since you mentioned you’ve got slip disc issues).

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd September 2022 at 15:08.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't a motorcycle be more comfortable than a scooter due to its larger wheels, longer travel suspension & more ideal seating / riding position?
Yes it would be, something like a Hero Passion Pro/TVS Star City+ right upto the likes of Ronin/Classic 350 would work better than the scooters.
But not recommending to the OP due to the following points :
- The specific requirement for a 125cc scooter.
- To be used by his Dad as well and electric scooters were dropped because of that.
- The max cap of 1.15 lakhs on road which would put any motorcycle above 100-125cc beyond budget. The same reason why Aerox wasn't recommended.

Last edited by shancz : 22nd September 2022 at 09:21. Reason: punct
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:32   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Would not suggest a scooter if you have back issues.

Suggest you test ride 100 to 125cc bikes from Bajaj/TVS/Honda/Hero and choose the one in which you feel the most comfortable.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 10:52   #10
BHPian

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, for 20-30KM per month, I wonder if you guys can walk instead?

Much better on the bones and no headaches of owning a vehicle.
hellmet is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, question as someone who is a noob in 2-wheelers. Wouldn't a motorcycle be more comfortable than a scooter due to its larger wheels, longer travel suspension & more ideal seating / riding position?
I will say YES because of longer wheelbase, but then it depends upon the suspension setup as well (The hard suspension of Interceptor is a typical example). Having ridden Honda CBR 250R, there's no other motorcycle that comes closer to the pro-link suspension of C250R. It's simply Volvo of two-wheeler!!

Talking about scooters, after (and still we are) doing an extensive research & still unsettled as which one to buy, the MOST comfortable one being - Suzuki Burgman followed by Access 125 followed by Yamaha RayZR. May be Fascino is also comfortable, but we didn't TD it as we've no intention to buy even for a 50% discount for brand new one!!

Last edited by aargee : 22nd September 2022 at 11:06.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:11   #12
BHPian

I don't think scooters and comfort can be mentioned in the same line unless they look like this *. I had Jupiter previously and I cannot ride more than 20-30 minutes. Also, it is very uncomfortable over bad roads. Straight up riding position on the Jupiter gives me backache. I changed to CB300R and now I am not facing the issue. I would go for slightly sporty motorcycles over the upright riding position of the scooters.

Name:  405D2D4CD34E406AB7229A8501CA81B0.jpeg
Views: 1826
Size:  110.0 KB

Last edited by amvj : 22nd September 2022 at 11:13.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:18   #13
BHPian

Consider the one which has high handle bars. I don't know your height, so please checkout in person.

The handle bar should be decently high, so some of the weight of your body should shift to your arms while riding, this reduces load on your back. This is the most important factor which reduces stress on your back.

Activa is a good one. Access has slightly lower handle bars. I am not sure of the TVS products, but i guess their handlebars will be lower. Vespa's has a higher set handle.
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, for 20-30KM per month, I wonder if you guys can walk instead?
Won't work for grocery runs, imagine yourself hauling over 20kgs of stuff and trying to maintain a good posture for saving your back.

Also important is time, weather and other commitments and most importantly having a scooter/two wheeler at your disposal is a convenience that can only be understood after you own and use one.

Last edited by shancz : 22nd September 2022 at 11:44. Reason: upd
shancz is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A motorcycle would definitely be more comfortable than a scooter considering what you have said. However, for the purpose in mind, the convenience of an automatic with space to carry stuff will be more suitable. For me the Jupiter 110 (haven’t ridden the Jupiter 125) is the most comfortable scooter out there at the moment.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks