Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 17:18   #16
BANNED

Re: My Royal Enfield Himalayan BS4 suffers a chassis defect

I do consider a chassis cracking a bad thing to happen to anyone but I would put this more to quality control and a manufacturing defect, not the design itself. It is unfortunate this could happen to someone but we also have to understand the Himalayan is probably one of the most abused motorcycles in the indian market given that it is advertised for all roads and No roads. Don't get me wrong, it does splendid in bad terrain which is why so may buy it to do himalayan tours but it also exposes the weak points in quality when something like this happens. I guess the newer models have this taken care of.
I own a BS4 Himalayan and it is one tough mule, but sometimes we get unlucky and get that lone piece which has a fault.
zaks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 12:07   #17
BHPian

My friend has a 2021 Meteor, and has been riding on relatively smooth Hyderabad roads with zero off-roading. Yet the stand center-stand broke off, which needed a chassis replacement. Thankfully, it was replaced free of cost within the warranty, but not too sure why a bike costing a bomb (for us commoners), have such issues in the first place.
MobileThunder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 12:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileThunder View Post
My friend has a 2021 Meteor, and has been riding on relatively smooth Hyderabad roads with zero off-roading. Yet the stand center-stand broke off, which needed a chassis replacement. Thankfully, it was replaced free of cost within the warranty, but not too sure why a bike costing a bomb (for us commoners), have such issues in the first place.
Wonderfully said and the point many don't understand until it happens to them.There should be zero tolerance for quality/manufacturing defects at this price point since it concerns safety.
Senotrius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 13:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is interesting. We manufacture fabricated components for the auto sector and I showed this to my team. The only logical explanation we could arrive at was - This crack must have developed over time due to engine vibration and the sure shot way to confirm this is to check whether the engine mounting bushes are intact or not. If the bushes are intact - the resonance of the material (albeit poor quality) along with the vibrations must've caused this tear OR else, if the bushes are completely worn out - we can blame the vibrations again.
This is quiet a peculiar crack which travels between two different components of the same assembly, which can not happen because of pot holes, but can only happen because of vibrations plus poor material quality plus designing flaw.

Last edited by samyakmodi : 6th January 2023 at 13:54.
samyakmodi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 08:21   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Alvin shares the following update with us

Quote:
Hey Team-BHP,

Much appreciated the post and love the response from people who have faced the same issue. Moreover, I received a call from the Service Area Manager of Royal Enfield regarding the issue.

The part has been replaced and is working fine now.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks