Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2022, 13:38   #16
BHPian

re: Pathetic state of affairs at 2-Wheeler showrooms in India

I've been pretty satisfied with Popular Bajaj, Koramangala.

I purchased a Dominar 400 from Popular Bajaj, Koramangala in early 2018. I was pretty satisfied with my experience:

- Test drives of 500m
- Test drives of multiple bikes incl the Avenger 220
- On time delivery and immediate change of cowl that was found scratched (mildly) during PDI
- Delivery of bike with temp no. and receipt of registration no. within 1 week

I've kept servicing the bike from popular koramangala, despite moving to a place 25kms away 2 years ago. I've built a relationship with my service advisors. They replaced my LED headlamp free of cost (goodwill warranty) on the 4 yr anniversary.

I've also seen folks servicing their 150cc commuters happily at popular. They are open to feedback and improving their service.

Last edited by kaushikduttajsr : 27th December 2022 at 13:40.
kaushikduttajsr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 16:00   #17
BHPian

I have had really good experience with KTM. Sales as well as service is impeccable at KTM, Sector 63, Noida. This might have been my luck but was delivered Duke 200 on time, services have been good and the staff is attentive. They have dedicated TD bikes which are helpful in making a choice or just having a feel of the next planned upgrade
My experience with Yamaha located nearby has been hit and miss. Service was good but no TD was available anytime for anything.
Old 27th December 2022, 18:59   #18

On the contrary, I had very good experience while shopping for a 2-wheeler for my dad. Not only were the Honda and TVS patient in explaining product features, they also provided test ride vehicles. In fact couple of electric bike dealerships- like Okinawa - too provided us test rides. Finally we bought TVS Jupiter after multiple test rides that dad took along different roads. To be noted, this was in a tier 3 town.
Old 27th December 2022, 19:07   #19
BHPian

Mini rant: Dropped in at the Kawasaki showroom in Langford Road today to check out the Ninja 300. The watchman asked me to park outside the showroom with other cluttered bike, which was the first red flag. The first thing I hear when I walk in to the showroom though is the SAs arguing amongst themselves cuz one of them didn't want to attend the customer (me).

I ask for a test ride, the lady says yes, it's available. I then get the inevitable "which color bike do you want?" which I wave off saying didn't matter as much at the time. Then she asks for my original license, which nobody would carry when they are running about their daily business in the city. She then gives a random analogy and says I'd need either that or a credit card (which I didn't have either) since another dude taking a test ride had done something to it. I was quite surprised. I offered to show the DigiLocker account and even offered to drop my bike keys with them when she said "No, we need something...something *inaudible mumbling* thing with us". She refused everything.

I tell her that even Triumph didn't mind giving a superbike for a test ride with the laminated copy of the license that I had. "We also have superbikes, sir", this lady says. I'm quite bemused at this rude quip from this poorly trained personnel. Didn't bother pointing out the fact that people showing interest in a decade old, overpriced and outdated 300cc that did abysmal sales numbers compared to the KTM next door was something to be marveled at. She went into the next room, asked her supposed senior, came out and said sorry, handing back my license. I just took it, grabbed my helmet, thanked her and left. Didn't bother making a big deal out of it by asking to talk to the manager. I figured if this was the kind of interest they showed in potential customers, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 27th December 2022 at 19:16. Reason: fixed typo
TheHelix0202 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 19:57   #20
BHPian

Faced this issue when I was purchasing my bike too.

RE allowed both me and my dad to test ride practically their entire range for a solid 4kms. They were happy to do this on each of our 4 visits to them before we booked the Meteor.

Jawa were only offering a 500m test ride and that too with showroom staff as pillion.

Honda Bigwing offered me a H'ness but not a CB350RS stating that they are the same bike.

Benelli just never had an Imperiale available for Test Ride.

If this is the case for so called enthusiast bikes, I cannot imagine the scene for commuters and scooters.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 20:27   #21
BHPian

Fun fact about the RE Company Owned showroom in Jayanagar. I went there with a couple of my friends as a friend of mine wanted to test ride the Hunter. They didn't object to any of us taking a test ride of the Hunter and even explained the finances patiently even though we made it clear that we weren't going to make the purchase immediately and would want to try out the Ronin as well. Since I was there, I figured I'd take a spin on the Continental as well and told the SA. He simply handed over the keys and said "Have Fun." Had a good experience with that store.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 20:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
Fun fact about the RE Company Owned showroom in Jayanagar. I went there with a couple of my friends as a friend of mine wanted to test ride the Hunter. They didn't object to any of us taking a test ride of the Hunter and even explained the finances patiently even though we made it clear that we weren't going to make the purchase immediately and would want to try out the Ronin as well. Since I was there, I figured I'd take a spin on the Continental as well and told the SA. He simply handed over the keys and said "Have Fun." Had a good experience with that store.
Is it the one on that wide, one-way road? I don’t know the name of it, but I did have good experiences multiple times in their store. They even got home a TD bike when I didn’t show immediate interest. I’d give them a solid 8/10.
Old 27th December 2022, 22:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Is it the one on that wide, one-way road? I don’t know the name of it, but I did have good experiences multiple times in their store. They even got home a TD bike when I didn’t show immediate interest. I’d give them a solid 8/10.
I don't think its a one way. This is the store near BTM layout, at the edge of Jayanagar. Its a fairly small store on the first floor of a building. They have their godown on the ground floor. Picture below.

Name:  CS1.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  118.6 KB
Old 28th December 2022, 07:27   #24
BHPian

Nice thread. Experiences in Bangalore are similar. Very poor sales staff.

Honda bigwing in Indiranagar 100ft road had just one person manning. Though he was courteous and offered test rides the whole experience was below par.

RE was another level. Pathetic would be an understatement. Their Sales advisors need more training on their models and differences between those. Theo logistics handling needs to be substantially improved as well.

Sometimes olx is better 😂
Old 28th December 2022, 09:31   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
They didn't object to any of us taking a test ride of the Hunter and even explained the finances patiently even though we made it clear that we weren't going to make the purchase immediately...He simply handed over the keys and said "Have Fun."
Awesome to hear! Though I'm not a fan of RE (too many bad service experiences with my Bullet!) have to say their marketing and sales is top notch! This is the way to sell bikes and it's no wonder their sales are doing great.

Why can't all bike brands/showrooms just have a dedicated bike for TDs and give potential customers good test drives without fuss?! What is the downside? Even if the client doesn't buy immediately, they might consider it later, or recommend the bike/showroom to a friend who might buy. Plus, a good showroom experience will translate to good publicity. Similarly, a bad experience will gain traction too. Reading about all the negative Honda experiences here (and from one personal experience), I'm not even planning to consider a Honda for my next upgrade. Why would I pay to get treated badly?!

Hope more bike dealers get their act together and go the RE way, at least when it comes to TDs.

Last edited by am1m : 28th December 2022 at 09:33.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 11:23   #26
BHPian

In most of the cities I checked, the honda showroom is the worst as mentioned earlier. They feel they are doing a favour to us, with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. Precisely one of the reasons why I went for Jupiter.

The attitude of TVS was much better and they have at least a basic courtesy that you are a customer. And I have managed to convince many people to move away from Honda and consider Jupiter when the product was new. Thankfully, no regrets!!

Another scooter I recently came across and loved was the Fascino, but the dealer is not motivated enough I feel. Not arrogant at least compared to Honda but.
chinmaypillay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 12:57   #27
BHPian

Great thread which would benefit people in the process of purchasing.

Sharing my experience with KTM, BMW, RE and Yezdi in Mumbai / Thane.

Firstly it has to be acknowledged that KTM, BMW and even RE are premium brands and I was looking for bikes in the range of ~3-4 lakhs.

KTM showrooms were excellent in terms of customer service and follow-ups. I first visited KTM Thane showroom to see the KTM 390 Adventure for the first time. Saurabh there was very patient in providing an in-depth tour of the bike and its features. What also surprised me is when I asked him how it compares to BMW 310 GS (my other consideration at that time), his response was technical and did not blatantly slander the competitor. Unfortunately they did not have a bike ready for TD but promised to arrange for one. Most importantly, he was very up front about a new 2022 model coming soon and that I would be better off waiting for it. This is while he still had bandwidth to provide me a 2021 model.

Right after this we visited KTM Vikhroli showroom and had the same exact experience there. Knowledgeable sales staff, was able to provide a clean break-up of costs (no hidden charges) and also quickly connected with service center to cater to my specific question on replacement costs of certain wear and tear items. While they did not have a TD vehicle available, they promised to get it to me at my home without any commitment to book. The bike was in my building next day sharp at 11AM and I was able to take it for a spin a proper TD on the highway as well as the city without a pillion (the SA rode my bike). This experience sold me on the brand. Believe both are owned by Ahuja Motors (highly recommend them as I also get my servicing done by Vikhroli one and no qualms). Also, the SA kept following-up regularly over the next few months providing an update on when the 2022 model would be available (it was delayed quite a bit due to supply chain issues), while not being pushy on making a booking. I ended up getting the 390 Adventure.

On the flip side, BMW Thane was a sour experience. While a TD was provided, it was on the backroad where you can't go beyond 2nd gear. TD request on the highway was met with 'what do you want to check sir, our test ride bike is not registered and there are cops issue'. He ended the conversation with 'let me see what I can do' with no call back. I also had a strong suspicion if they would end up selling this 'test bike' to an unsuspecting customer. When asked for a price break-up, there was an items ending with 'other charges'. On enquiring, realized it includes Rs. 10,000 as 'handling charges' which was justified as the price of bringing the bike on truck to showroom from the yard, fixing handle and rearview mirrors, etc. Why do I pay 'ex-showroom' price then? Spoke to other BMW owners and they had paid the same amount. BMW never followed-up even once after my visit. When I visited again with my brother (as it would be a shared bike), they refused to provide a test-ride beyond a 300 meter road. When my brother asked the SA to in general tell him about to bike and its features, his response was 'you would know everything already' with no mood to sell. Overall a big red flag for a bike worth over 4lakhs on-road.

RE. I visited RE in Bhandup (Soniya Motors) to consider the Interceptor and the Himalayan. Was provided the keys to both for a test ride with no pillion and for as long as I desired. Highly appreciated the experience there. Their sales service regarding their apparels is also great (I was checking out their shoes).

Yezdi was right next to RE (Bhandup) and hence decided to have a look at then newly launched Yezdis. There were no TD available and the SA was not very interested on explaining the bikes either.

This is my experience from between Feb 2022 to April 2022.
Malliketh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 14:51   #28
BHPian

Re: Pathetic state of affairs at 2-Wheeler showrooms in India

Throwing in my two paisa to highligh Honda BigWings as being probably the worst showroom experience I've seen yet for superbikes.

They straight up said they weren't doing test rides on any of their bikes, not even the CB350. They expect you to just buy it and THEN do a test ride. Their words, not mine.

Bear in mind, we showed up on a Kawasaki Vulcan, Kawasaki Z900, and a Royal Enfield Meteor, so it's not like they had reason to assume we were just there to waste their time. Our friend on the RE was ready to book the CB650 that day itself, but understandably he wanted a simple test ride first, and that's not an unreasonable request. But nope, the salespeople couldn't be less bothered.

Honda does stuff like this, and then complain that "the Indian market isn't interested in superbikes" or whatever. Go figure.
marcussantiago is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 20:16   #29
BANNED

Could someone please let me know a good TVS dealership in Bangalore? We are planning for iQube,but wherever I check out the reviews are bad.
Old 2nd February 2023, 20:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Could someone please let me know a good TVS dealership in Bangalore? We are planning for iQube,but wherever I check out the reviews are bad.
My friend (and another friend of his) who took delivery of their TVS Ronin's recently highly praised Solar TVS at RR nagar. Address below:

Address: 9/1-2, Opposite RR Nagar Arch, Mysore Rd, Phase 3, Nayanda Halli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560039

Not sure if they have the iqube but you could enquire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks