Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 15:46   #1
BHPian

Alloy wheel upgrade for 2-wheelers

Hey Everyone

I've just been looking around the Forums and didn't find a topic for this. But, a friend of mine had this question.

He has a 2016 Suzuki Swish and wants to upgrade the steel wheels to the alloy wheels from a Suzuki Acces/burgman street from the 2021 model. Wondering if that's possible and what tires should we change.

Background:

He has a black and red 2016 Suzuki Swish from 2016 bought brand new from Roonwal Suzuki in Chennai. He's done 35,000 km on it and has been giving it to Roonwal Suzuki for service ever since. When asking the Service Advisor, he was told it isn't possible.

Any input would be great, Thanks.
Old 9th January 2023, 20:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Alloy wheel upgrade for 2-wheelers

As long as it is the same size it should not be an issue but why would he want to do this? He would have to verify the weight of the alloys because if they are heavier than the steel rims which they might be, he will get reduced performance and fuel efficiency. At the end of the day it is a scooty. Keep it bone stock is what I would suggest
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 14:34   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Alloy wheel upgrade for 2-wheelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDrago56 View Post
When asking the Service Advisor, he was told it isn't possible.
Access comes with Front 12" and rear 10" wheels and IIRC Swish came with both 10" wheels. If the front wheel well could take 12" wheel it should be possible, I hope.

Most Viewed