Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2023, 23:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Motorcycle purchase advice | 1.5 - 2 lakh budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Point I'm trying to say is, spares are catch 22 situation with the worst & best selling models.
Got it! So, spares are generally unpredictable and we have to take our chance on it.
But hearing about a CB300R owner waiting more than 6 months for a speedometer on our forum makes me rather uncomfortable.

Hence, let's sideline the CB300R and the CB300F, unless that person's struggle is a one-off case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReventonLover View Post
On the marginally higher side of 2L ex showroom, your cousin can give a shot at RE Scram (slightly more than the set budget). And if you are checking Scram, then why not Yezdi scrambler.

Under 2L, may I suggest Xpulse 200T 4V. Engine has run for quite some time in the market (X pulse 200), so spares and service networks should not be an issue. Though, compared to the above 2, it may seem a bit underpowered.
Will ask him to look at the RE Scram and the Yezdi Scrambler.
He told me that he didn't like the looks of the XPulse 200. Hence, he doesn't want to go ahead with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
It all boils down to which bike he finds most comfortable for a 30-40 km trip and the bike that's suits his pocket. Most importantly the bike he likes the most.

Take your time, visit all showrooms, test ride everything and check which one you can handle easily on an everyday basis.

Do let us know which one you bought.
Thanks for the advice! I have also asked him to visit every single two wheeler showroom in his town (it's a relatively small town) and TD all the bikes before settling for something.
aravindb_0711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 01:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindb_0711 View Post
Got it! So, spares are generally unpredictable and we have to take our chance on it.
But hearing about a CB300R owner waiting more than 6 months for a speedometer on our forum makes me rather uncomfortable.

Hence, let's sideline the CB300R and the CB300F, unless that person's struggle is a one-off case
I'm giving you another perspective - I've got 2011 C250R, running in mint condition, spares have generally a considerable waiting time, I won't say no. However, I've the liberty to get the parts ordered beforehand (generally give a month's timeframe) before taking the bike to service. I also give them a week to 10 days to get the bike serviced. Once done, I never visit them for a year atleast. That's the rapport built over a decade with Didar Motors.

Point is - We don't know what goes on at the other side, but if we have a good rapport maintained with ASC, both bike's & our lives become easier
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 13:21   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindb_0711 View Post
My cousin has the need for a motorcycle to be used in and around his city. His requirements are:
1. Comfort (he will travel through a lot of broken roads)
2. Adequate power
3. Stability at highway speeds

The maximum distance that he might cover in a trip will be around 30-40km. His budget is 1.5 lakhs, ex showroom. He can stretch to a maximum of 2 lakhs, ex showroom. What are his best options?
Under 2 lakh, I think Gixxer 250 naked is a good option. Checks on all of the above points!
mad4nfs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 11:26   #19
BHPian

Came across this thread from one of my friend, who was in need of motorcycle with similar requirements. He got this message from google ads featuring my bike's pic
However looking at your points, for the first timers I would suggest to go with Honda CB 200X - This motorcycle will match almost all the necessity you will need as a first timer and within 2 lac on road.
Else if you need more power Yamaha FZ25 can be considered. Maintenance is reasonable, peace of mind.
Another one can be considered is MT15, a gem of a motorcycle, I don't need to say anything about it.
RE Hunter 350, a good motorcycle having limited highway cruising capacity similar to CB200X. Rest good on bad road and city traffics.

Apart from this you stretch the budget around 2.5 lacs there are more powerful bikes however, for the first timer I would recommend to stick with the bikes which doesn't scares you in any aspect.

Thanks.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks